Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 06:08 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,427,532 times

Advertisements

You can get off work, go home, and then kick back with a cold beer. Happens all the time. How many people kick back with a single cigarette? Tobacco is more addictive than alcohol, and more harmful health wise. I've done plenty of drinking and smoking in my day, and I'll guarantee you a smoking habit is 10 times harder to kick than a drinking habit.
This may not hold true for all people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 06:14 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,425,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Also, drinkers don't start wildfires when they litter their refuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguitar77111 View Post
Too bad ashtrays have been removed from everywhere because some bureaucrats decided that "normalization of smoking" was a greater evil than wildfires.
Too bad some smokers are too dumb to bring their own ashtray along with them in their own cars since they already knew they smoke and cars don't have ashtrays anymore.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:18 PM

22,579 posts, read 24,392,889 times
Cigarette-smoke can be directly harmful to those not smoking......booze, no.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:45 PM

776 posts, read 390,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Too bad some smokers are too dumb to bring their own ashtray along with them in their own cars since they already knew they smoke and cars don't have ashtrays anymore.
That doesn't mean removing ashtrays was a good idea.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:47 PM

24,288 posts, read 9,172,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Cigarette-smoke can be directly harmful to those not smoking......booze, no.
Bingo, Yahtzee, this.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:50 PM

482 posts, read 239,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Sorry, friend, that is not reality. And, as a matter of fact, I do NOT know anyone who has "smoked himself retarded". All the ones I know that fall into that category, which are very few, were already retarded before they ever started using cannabis, or they did it by using other drugs in addition to cannabis.

Since I don't know your definition of "getting loaded", having a meaningful conversation about it is highly unlikely, especially since you believe your breadth of experience with the subject matter at hand is wide enough that it justifies your closed mind.

I use it every day. Have for many decades. I do not "get loaded". I am pretty sure from our last debate that you consider any usage as "getting loaded", so to elaborate on that would be pointless.

If you actually knew any science about it, you would know that THC does not attack or kill brain cells. Instead, it binds to receptors that are already in our brains for that very purpose (and throughout our entire bodies, for that matter). That is the extent of "brain damage".

So, if you care to, you could point out all the grammatical errors and other problem areas with my posts that makes it obvious I have "smoked myself retarded".
^ Drug addict in complete denial. I don't know if it's more hilarious or sad.

Calls marijuana "cannabis" because he's convinced himself it's "medicine." Refuses to believe that years of getting stoned every day has any long term affects on him in any way.

OK there guy.......carry on

Old 08-26-2018, 07:18 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,320,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
^ Drug addict in complete denial. I don't know if it's more hilarious or sad.

Calls marijuana "cannabis" because he's convinced himself it's "medicine." Refuses to believe that years of getting stoned every day has any long term affects on him in any way.

OK there guy.......carry on
^^^^ Completely predictable response with no substance at all. I've become quite accustomed to it. That said, I'll put my health, happiness, productivity, and accomplishments up against yours any day of the week.

I love the way he's triggered by the plant's proper name, "cannabis".

Old 08-26-2018, 07:29 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,320,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Here's my guess:

1. Tobacco has a single direct causal link to health problems, and alcohol doesn't.

2. Tobacco, used correctly, tends to lead to death, and alcohol doesn't.

3. Alcohol appears to have some possible health benefits (although the science is always changing), and tobacco doesn't.

I'm guessing there are also a lot more casual drinkers - people who have a glass of wine when they go out to dinner once a month, but probably not smokers.
Ahhhhh... A voice of reason.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:50 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,067,361 times
It would be harder to phase out alcohol than tobacco because alcohol is woven in the fabric of this society. There are lots of people who drink a glass of wine or a beer in a social way, once or twice a month. Apparently, no harm done. Think about celebrations and gatherings. I just went to a big formal dinner, and there was an open bar - not because they wanted people to get drunk, but because it is considered part of the occasion to have a drink before dinner and/or wine with dinner. Have you been to a wedding that didn't have champagne? Beer at a baseball game is as typical as hot dogs and peanuts. Of course, not all social gatherings include alcohol (little league games, high school graduation ceremonies - hopefully don't) but a good many do. Tobacco is social to some extent, I imagine, but you have to be hooked in the first place to engage in that. You don't have to be an alcoholic to have a glass of wine at a dinner out with friends. In addition, wine making is considered a genteel, high class occupation. There are plenty of wine snobs. You can even get a degree in viticulture if you want. It just isn't the same as tobacco, and although alcohol is and should be legally controlled, I don't think it is going to get "clobbered."

Old 08-26-2018, 07:55 PM

482 posts, read 239,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
^^^^ Completely predictable response with no substance at all. I've become quite accustomed to it. That said, I'll put my health, happiness, productivity, and accomplishments up against yours any day of the week.

I love the way he's triggered by the plant's proper name, "cannabis".
Tell me about how amazing you are. I mean, you sound like super intelligent and stuff brah.

Also, you call weed cannabis because it allows you to believe that the recreational drug which you're addicted to isn't just something that gets you high. If anyone is completely predictable, it's you Peter-Pot-Smoker.

This entire conversation makes me want to go over to my neighbors and show him this thread, so we can laugh over it as we spark one up in his man-cave. Like me, he likes gettng high, but he freaking hates skeazy stoners.

You're a funny guy Raddo.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies