Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 04:42 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You’re right. Muslim-dominated countries often are less free than America. The question in the thread topic is essentially whether America should become more like Muslim countries. I say no. What do you say?
Actually the question in the thread topic is the bat**** crazy concept of charging non Christians a head tax posited by a nutjob who gets off on creating havoc.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You’re right. Muslim-dominated countries often are less free than America. The question in the thread topic is essentially whether America should become more like Muslim countries. I say no. What do you say?
I say muslims vote overwhelmingly for democrats. Don't allow immigration of muslims and don't vote for Democrats and America will be less like muslim countries.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:51 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Separation of church and state died in the late 1970s when Jerry Falwell transformed the GOP into the "Christian party."
Which is amazing, since Falwell never had anything to do with christianity in the first place. It's like James Smithson leaving a fortune to fund a museum in a country he had never visited.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:51 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I wonder why still people work there. Indo-Pak-Bangla people should go back and get the camel rides back.
I suppose some of your distant family is still in Pakistan. Why don't you get them all here?

Old 08-28-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
I don’t care about a piece of paper written almost 300 years ago by[B] uneducated individuals.[/b] We can always change for the better and adopt 21st century ideology. Anyone opposing evil and non-Christian agenda is against love, peace and forgiveness and anti-Westerner as Christianity was the main influence of the West.
Uneducated. Check.

You misspelled "Greed".

Old 08-28-2018, 05:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Actually the question in the thread topic is the bat**** crazy concept of charging non Christians a head tax posited by a nutjob who gets off on creating havoc.
I don’t disagree, but in the original post, he specifically says that since muslim countries do it, the US should too.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And why don't "Christianophobes" making bigoted comments about Christians go live in a muslim country. Why are people like that in the US? No one has to like islam. That's why I live in the Christian west besides being native.
Hardly afraid of Christians. I am agnostic. I don't know. For those who do "know", if you are a Christian, Allah will send you to hell for being an infidel, and if you are a Muslim, Yahweh will send you to hell for being a nobeliever and a heathen.

The really neat part is that both religions share the same Abrahamic god along with the Jews, who are also going to hell, BTW. Hell is going to be really crowded and sweaty, I'll bet. You'd think any supreme being worth his salt would have explained himself a bit more clearly a long time ago about what it was he really wanted.

Either all of them are correct, or none of them are correct.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Hardly afraid of Christians. I am agnostic. I don't know. For those who do "know", if you are a Christian, Allah will send you to hell for being an infidel, and if you are a Muslim, Yahweh will send you to hell for being a nobeliever and a heathen.

The really neat part is that both religions share the same Abrahamic god along with the Jews. You'd think any supreme being worth his salt would have explained himself a bit more clearly a long time ago about what it was he really wanted.

Either all of them are correct, or none of them are correct.
I don't believe Christians and Muslims share the same god. You can't completely explain a god differently and have the same god. It's likely Jews and Christians serve the same god. Jews and Christians have a direct link and lineage almost as much as Protestants and Catholic do, but it's also possible that Jews and Christians don't serve the same god. It's possible there is no god. It's irrelevant to me whether they have the same god or not. Islam is incompatible with everyone else. The problem to the extent it exists between Jews and Christian is not religion but Jewish ethnocentrism as many Christians are very pro-Jewish. The primarily problem with Islam among its various problematic beliefs is it is a religion of conquest and total submission.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:40 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Believe what you want but stop trying to force it on me. I can't wait for the day when we actually have separation of church and state in this country. I'm so sick of holier-than-thou Bible-thumpers running everything trying to micromanage every aspect of everyone's private lives.
You would perfectly fit well in China and North Korea where they practice state atheism.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:41 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That would be patently unconstitutional. That pesky First Amendment thing again.

1A - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Other than that, it's still an incredibly divisive idea.
I hate First Amendment. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies