Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 07:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
If being anti-Christianity means being an "enemy of the people" you're already deciding what people should or must believe.
You said wanting Christianity destroyed. I'm simply defining what that person is.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:46 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You said wanting Christianity destroyed. I'm simply defining what that person is.
Yeah...being anti-Christianity means wanting it destroyed...at least to me. That doesn't have anything to do with wanting bad things for Americans or being an enemy of the American people. It can mean being their ally.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah...being anti-Christianity means wanting it destroyed...at least to me. That doesn't have anything to do with wanting bad things for Americans or being an enemy of the American people. It can mean being their ally.
What and who else in America should be destroyed to reach this communist utopia? Americans get to decide for themselves what's "bad things" and an "enemy".

Old 09-23-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
What and who else in America should be destroyed to reach this communist utopia? Americans get to decide for themselves what's "bad things" and an "enemy".
I can't imagine why you'd associate the destruction of Christianity with destroying anyone or anyone else. I also can't imagine why you'd associate the destruction of Christianity with communism.

Also, when I say I want Christianity destroyed, I'm talking about Americans destroying it...current American Christians, or their children, mostly. They're the only ones who really could...but you'd consider those Americans enemies of the American people. You've decided how they "should or must" believe.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I can't imagine why you'd associate the destruction of Christianity with destroying anyone or anyone else. I also can't imagine why you'd associate the destruction of Christianity with communism.

Also, when I say I want Christianity destroyed, I'm talking about Americans destroying it...current American Christians, or their children, mostly. They're the only ones who really could...but you'd consider those Americans enemies of the American people. You've decided how they "should or must" believe.
I'm not the one telling anyone what they should or must believe or not. You are.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I'm not the one telling anyone what they should or must believe or not. You are.
Actually, we both are...but I'm only saying that Christianity would ideally be destroyed. I perceive it, mostly, as a disease. That's definitely not how I perceive Christians. I like most Christians I know. I feel pretty much the same way about Muslims in the U.S. Islam is less common in the United States though.

Now, there do appear to be pretty benign variants of Christianity and Islam...but neither of those benign forms appear to me to make up for the damage cause by the Christianity and Islam in the United States in general, so I'd just assume be rid of all of it...although the extreme majority of damage of Islam takes place in other areas of the world. We seem to get a lot of pretty benign variants of Islam here, so far as I've seen. I think a lot of Christianity is benign too...it's just that I don't think it has any advantages over a lack of organized religion, but it still contains portions of young earth creationism, hell belief, and other worldview-corrupting, distressing views that make most of it not worth keeping around in my eyes.

You're the one talking about Americans being enemies of the American people based on peaceful perspectives though. I'm just talking about certain worldviews being damaging, and so ideally being destroyed.

Last edited by Clintone; 09-23-2018 at 08:34 PM..

Old 09-23-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Actually, we both are...but I'm only saying that Christianity would ideally be destroyed. I perceive it, mostly, as a disease. That's definitely not how I perceive Christians. I like most Christians I know. I feel pretty much the same way about Muslims in the U.S. Islam is less common in the United States though.

Now, there do appear to be pretty benign variants of Christianity and Islam...but neither of those benign forms appear to me to make up for the damage cause by the Christianity and Islam in the United States in general, so I'd just assume be rid of all of it...although the extreme majority of damage of Islam takes place in other areas of the world. We seem to get a lot of pretty benign variants of Islam here, so far as I've seen. I think a lot of Christianity is benign too...it's just that I don't think it has any advantages over a lack of organized religion, but it still contains portions of young earth creationism, hell belief, and other worldview-corrupting, distressing views that make most of it not worth keeping around in my eyes.

You're the one talking about Americans being enemies of the American people based on peaceful perspectives though. I'm just talking about certain worldviews being damaging, and so ideally being destroyed.
I'm not telling any American to be Christian or not. I just don't have any problems with America's and the West's Christian heritage and don't want people of foreign religions and other foreign sourced beliefs immigrating to America.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:49 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Do you think that Muslims in America should pay jizya (tax that’s imposed on non-Muslims in Islamic nations under Islamic Sharia Law)? Since they impose that law on Christians and other non-Muslim residents in their own countries, I think Muslims in America and the West should also pay this extra tax. This will bring in nice revenue to the nation which could help pay for many things.
No, because our country isn't a secular chit-hole that stifles it's own population and will remain backwards countries long after the oil has dried up.

Next question? That one was pretty easy as I don't want the US to start emulating countries like those.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I'm not telling any American to be Christian or not. I just don't have any problems with America's and the West's Christian heritage and don't want people of foreign religions and other foreign sourced beliefs immigrating to America.
Well, you are telling people to not try to destroy Christianity though. I'm telling...or maybe it'd be better described as advising...people not to be Christians. I would like Christianity destroyed and I feel like I kind of work towards that as a leisure activity.

When you say that wanting Christianity destroyed is being an enemy of the American people and the constitution, you're doing the exact same thing I'm doing insofar as telling other people how they should behave and what they should believe...except that you're calling a group of Americans enemies of the American people. I'm merely saying a religion is destructive and so am advocating the destruction of that religion...which hopefully would also assist that religion's followers. I've never said anything about Christians themselves, or people of any other religion, being enemies of America. I haven't advocated the harming of Christians, or the forcing of Christians to do anything...at least not on this thread. I've been on this website for years, so I can't remember all of my posts.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Well, you are telling people to not try to destroy Christianity though. I'm telling...or maybe it'd be better described as advising...people not to be Christians. I would like Christianity destroyed and I feel like I kind of work towards that as a leisure activity.

When you say that wanting Christianity destroyed is being an enemy of the American people and the constitution, you're doing the exact same thing I'm doing insofar as telling other people how they should behave and what they should believe...except that you're calling a group of Americans enemies of the American people. I'm merely saying a religion is destructive and so am advocating the destruction of that religion...which hopefully would also assist that religion's followers. I've never said anything about Christians themselves, or people of any other religion, being enemies of America. I haven't advocated the harming of Christians, or the forcing of Christians to do anything...at least not on this thread. I've been on this website for years, so I can't remember all of my posts.
You are using similar reasoning the Nazis ideology used on Jews-the Jews are destructive and for the good of the people Jewry has to be eliminated. Or the same reasoning communist use on capitalism. Christians are an inherent part of America and its heritage and are not destructive of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies