Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 09:15 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

You seem triggered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 09:21 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
i remember reading in college history how the founding father fought like cats and dogs, including many fist fights and some with pistols, so like people say, history repeats itself.

im not making an argument just a statement, I agree too that trump is an a hole, but we did know that years ago. he is getting stuff done. kinda make you wonder if all the fighting on the hill is because somebody telling them to fight everyday, no matter what

Old 08-31-2018, 09:27 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Political correctness is what cause the mess that we call politics in the first place. Those who want to live their lives being politically correct are free to do so. The rest of us choose not to.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Those who see McCain as a man to be honored overlook or don't see the very things that those who feel differently about him see.
Those who disagree with McCain's actions in the military and his playing politics, stance on war etc, don't see him as someone honorable.

The left can't force their opinion of McCain on the rest of us.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
There used to be a time when at least basic decency was commonly expected among adults. Even shady officials used to at least have some sense of decorum in their public comments.

That time is no more with Donald Trump. He represents the most juvenile, trollish behavior and rhetoric we could possibly hear from an elected official. In his personal attack words, he fails the most basic tests of decency that we expect even from our young children. There is no standard for him. He gives no respect, and so he deserves none in return.

This is how we come to find it "normal" in this nation for our highest official - a well-documented draft dodger - to insult a veteran who literally went through years of torture. Even for all his flaws thereafter, that service did not deserve ridicule. Neither did it justify Trump supporters' disgusting trashing of the man's legacy of service, even if they have different policy opinions. Even McCain's Vietnamese jailer expressed greater respect for him than our President did, who had to be goaded into saying anything even quasi-respectful to the man's memory.

Pointing to flaws in Obama, Clinton etc. is not a defense. Even if they were bad, it doesn't make Trump's behavior good, much less acceptable.

No matter what the economy looks like, I can't support someone so personally toxic. Trumpism is a cancer that degrades this nation. This disgusting behavior may carry the day today, but history will judge him and his followers harshly.
You talk about decency yet try to equate Trumps base as conservatives? Anything to deflect from the fact that progressive policies are failures so you make things up about conservatives

"He represents the most juvenile, trollish behavior and rhetoric we could possibly hear from an elected official. "
Your post is doing exactly this and is garbage.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:29 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I love that every progressive defending McCain's honor only further ruins his reputation. Its hilarious.
Yes, if a leftist approves of you, you must be doing everything wrong.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:46 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes, if a leftist approves of you, you must be doing everything wrong.
I don't remember any lefties crying over Ronald or Nancy Reagan when they died. I wonder why? In fact, I remember the lefties here taking the opportunity to call Nancy Reagan every vile vicious name you can imagine.
Now liberals here are trying to lecture people about being civil, LOL.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:48 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
How is it justifiable exactly?
I am not a Trump supporter and not defending what they or Trump himself says. I don't really like or respect most politicians. I like Bernie, Ron Paul, James Trafficant, Dennis Kucinich and Ross Perot. And I am talking about modern politicians of the last 30 or so years. Not many others have stood out to me as being anything but self serving during the past 30 or so years. .

I don't get is this new love affair with John McCain. Yes he went to Vietnam. I am very anti war and I respect the people who refused to go like Mohammed Ali who sacrificed his career by not going and faced enormous ridicule, He is a real hero for standing up and saying no. Yes McCain got captured and tortured which is terrible. He lived. Many service people were not that lucky. I don't believe there were war heroes in Vietnam. We slaughtered about 1,000,000 people over there. It was totally unnecessary and wrong to have been there in the first place. I don't blame McCain for the war I just do not get the hero part. He was complicit in murder over there at the very least.

What exactly are or were John McCain's great accomplishments in the Senate? He was there over 30 years. He was a war hawk who helped push us into war after 9/11. He was the biggest cheerleader in the senate on this. He picked Sarah Palin as his running mate which doomed his presidency. He pushed a few bills forward. But he really did not do much of significance. And I lived in Arizona for much of his term. From the mid 2000's until his last election in 2016 his numbers dropped more than 20% and barely won in 2016. Most career politicians keep there support each election. McCain was slipping each time.

Look at his history he voted against creating MLK day. He was staunchly against it. He was one of only six who did. He once called Ahmadinejad a monkey. He referred to the Vietnamese as G**** and said he would hate them as long as he lived. People get called racist for far less. Somehow he now gets a pass? He was part of the Keating 5 scandal. Google it. He was a dirty racist man.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/arti...ep-3304741.php

https://splinternews.com/lets-check-...-ag-1793854163

http://muslimgirl.com/49232/the-arab...-war-criminal/

So am I suppose to mourn someone I never voted for and at best am indifferent about? I don't think so.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 08-31-2018 at 10:11 PM..

Old 09-01-2018, 07:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
How is it justifiable exactly? Trump praises Kim Jong Un, Putin, Duterte, Saudi Arabia, Manifort, etc., etc. and he can't just be an adult when McCain dies? Seriously? It is embarrassing. You guys try to wrap yourselves in the flag and feign respect for military service. If your respect was real, you would take note when vets had to shame Trump into demonstrating respect for a soldier's service and sacrifice.

You can hate McCain for his politics all you want, but Trump openly disrespected his service and sacrifice. That is something else, and it is pathetic, especially pathetic coming from a man who ran the other way when called to serve.
Trump is the primary source of Trump News.

No upside to disparaging a POW or a Gold Star family.

Old 09-01-2018, 07:43 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't remember any lefties crying over Ronald or Nancy Reagan when they died. I wonder why? In fact, I remember the lefties here taking the opportunity to call Nancy Reagan every vile vicious name you can imagine.
Now liberals here are trying to lecture people about being civil, LOL.
One of the side effects of TDS is having the attention span of a gnat

Old 09-01-2018, 08:59 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Trump whines a lot about the press and anything he can’t control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies