Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 12:35 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I wonder how many investigations could be opened on Obama and Hillary if there was an organized campaign to take them out of power... if they still had any power left to take?
None. If there were investigations that could be opened, don't you think Trump would have directed his AG to do that? Who else do you think has the authority to do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
So our president sits around googling himself and gets mad that everyone doesn't love him as much as he loves himself. Then he lets out his daily Crybaby trump tweet storm and gets his supporters angry and triggered all day about how unfair America, life, etc. is.
Republicans have become nothing but loudmouth crybabies whining constantly about something.
Pretty much exactly right.

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
So our president sits around googling himself and gets mad that everyone doesn't love him as much as he loves himself. Then he lets out his daily Crybaby trump tweet storm and gets his supporters angry and triggered all day about how unfair America, life, etc. is.
Republicans have become nothing but loudmouth crybabies whining constantly about something.
Yea that is pretty much the cliff notes.

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Googlegate.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:44 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
The fact that we are seriously having this debate underscores what I mean when I say that conservatives are turning into Amwrica's enemy.

Now you have a narcissistic President who is threatening and wishing to have the government intervene and dictate what information private businesses can display - particularly when it is not flattering to him. He'll say it's to promote fairness, but really it is government censorship. And you have his supporters sympathetic to this approach.

Do you guys realize gow far you've come from ideals of limited government and individual freedom?

When you were busy spreading fake news about Obama's birth certificate, Obama is a Kenyan, Obama is a Muslim, etc., I never heard Obama rant about it on Twitter and advocate for government censorship. He may have had a lot of flaws, but that is the difference in character right there.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:59 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Trump is right. Google search algorithms are designed to show you the world that Google wants you to see and that is the most profitable for THEM.

Google "gun" and the first thing that pops up in the auto-fill is "gun control"

Try "Trump" and you get "Trump news". According to the Washington Times in March of this year, Trump coverage is 90% negative.

You can do this over and over again searching almost anything and inevitably get steered first to companies and sites with Leftist ideologies.

Do you people even internet?
OK, let's assume that Washington Times is correct: 90% of news stories on Trump are negative. Then if I google "Trump", I should expect to get mostly negative items in my search. Why blame Google?
Yes, I internet daily

Old 08-28-2018, 01:04 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
None. If there were investigations that could be opened, don't you think Trump would have directed his AG to do that? Who else do you think has the authority to do it?
What would be the point of Trump doing it in the first place? It's like invading North Korea... sure the NK government is dirty as hell but there is nothing to gain and a lot to loose by going on the offensive.

Meanwhile there's an army of people constantly digging through Trump's dirty laundry and sifting through his poop looking for something... anything that could be used to dethrone him.

Trump is simply caught between a rock and a hard spot on that one.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:07 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
OK, let's assume that Washington Times is correct: 90% of news stories on Trump are negative. Then if I google "Trump", I should expect to get mostly negative items in my search. Why blame Google?
Yes, I internet daily
Not enough apparently.

Order matters on a web search and Google controls who gets put at the top of the list. How many times do you google "Trump News" and get Breitbart or Drudge at the top of the list vs CNN or BBC?

Anyway, I'm tired of defending the Oompa Loompa with luxurious locks... it makes me feel like I need to take a shower.

Just had to let it be known that something F*#&y is going on and it isn't actually all Trump's doing.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:14 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The fact that we are seriously having this debate underscores what I mean when I say that conservatives are turning into Amwrica's enemy.

Now you have a narcissistic President who is threatening and wishing to have the government intervene and dictate what information private businesses can display - particularly when it is not flattering to him. He'll say it's to promote fairness, but really it is government censorship. And you have his supporters sympathetic to this approach.

Do you guys realize gow far you've come from ideals of limited government and individual freedom?

When you were busy spreading fake news about Obama's birth certificate, Obama is a Kenyan, Obama is a Muslim, etc., I never heard Obama rant about it on Twitter and advocate for government censorship. He may have had a lot of flaws, but that is the difference in character right there.
Yeah, the social Darwinists--rugged individualism, survival of the fittest, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, welfare is for freeloaders, etc.--turn out to be nanny statists after all. If they can't compete successfully on the even playing field known as free market capitalism they go crying to the federal government to take their side. What a bunch of crybabies, phonies, and hypocrites.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
What would be the point of Trump doing it in the first place? It's like invading North Korea... sure the NK government is dirty as hell but there is nothing to gain and a lot to loose by going on the offensive.

Meanwhile there's an army of people constantly digging through Trump's dirty laundry and sifting through his poop looking for something... anything that could be used to dethrone him.

Trump is simply caught between a rock and a hard spot on that one.
Sorry, but I don't understand your point. You asked how many investigations could be opened on Hillary and Obama. I answered "none," or they'd be open. You respond that there's no point in investigating them even though they're guilty of something.

That's nonsensical. Prosecutors live to prosecute crimes. If a prosecutor had information that Hillary or Obama had committed a crime, the prosecutor would investigate. If he or she then had probable cause they had committed a crime, they would be indicted. The fact that there's no investigation means no prosecutor has reason to investigate.

The reason the federal investigation is proceeding against Trump is that U.S. intelligence agencies learned that Russia was trying to influence the election in favor of Trump. That is undisputed. The investigation is to learn whether Trump participated along with Russia in a way that violates federal law. It's not a matter of digging through his dirty laundry to see what they find. They are acting on information provided by the agencies in charge of gathering such information. In the meantime, they've discovered lots of people close to Trump who have violated federal law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies