Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 09:01 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What trends usually shows up at the top of a google search unless somebody has paid to be at the top of keyword searches.

Trump should stick to Twitter and Twitter only.
yup. Trump doesn't know SEO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 09:02 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
As noted political observer Foghorn Leghorn said, "I say, I say, that boy ain't right in the head".

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Google results, especially in the news section, are extremely slanted towards presenting stories that support narratives promoted and supported by the Democrat ctrl-left, and that frequently suppress or fail to make easily accessible stories and websites that contradict that.

This is a clear fact. Only a braying, unconscionably dishonest, Democrat-left, partisan hack would try to refute it.
Fox News is the first Trump news story I get when I type in Trump.

I rarely go to Fox News.

But that's the top story.

Are you telling me Fox News is extremely slanted towards the left....EEEKS

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Trump is right. Google search algorithms are designed to show you the world that Google wants you to see and that is the most profitable for THEM.

Google "gun" and the first thing that pops up in the auto-fill is "gun control"

Try "Trump" and you get "Trump news". According to the Washington Times in March of this year, Trump coverage is 90% negative.

You can do this over and over again searching almost anything and inevitably get steered first to companies and sites with Leftist ideologies.

Do you people even internet?
Yes... we all internet. This site is reached via...

THE INTERNET.

If you Google "gun" of course you will get "gun control" because news usually comes first and not much news is out there that's pro-gun.

If you Google a specific type of gun or gun-related topic, you get what you wanted.

I just Googled "night sights for Glock 26" and I got exactly what I asked for, including some helpful review videos. I even got the sights I have on mine in a video review.

See? It works just fine. No mentions of gun control anywhere.

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't get autofill when I type in a search. It will show a list of suggestions -- if I have searched something before it is listed but it never just autofills my search.

I type in Trump and I get Trump's twitter feed as the top story
I don't get autofill for gun, I guess because I never google it. If I type "Trump" it might suggest "Trump news" or "Trump tweets today" because I look those things up.

Trump has way too much time on his tiny little hands.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:03 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I googled gun and there was no auto-fill -- a list of suggestions came up but it was gun shop, gun names, guns online -- absolutely no gun control anywhere .

You don't know google do you? LOL

YOUR google search auto-filled gun control because you obviously have googled search gun control before .

My gooogle search of gun popped up with the gun stores, Wikipedia on gun, etc.

This is hilarious.....someone accusing others of not knowing how to use the internet but doesn't know why gun control was auto filled for them -- lololol.
Interesting. I did a google search on "gun" and the first search term to autofill was "gun broker." Not sure what that says about me.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:04 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
As noted political observer Foghorn Leghorn said, "I say, I say, that boy ain't right in the head".
"I say there, son. You're doin' that all wrong. Here, let me show you how to do it". Yeah, I loved that guy.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:04 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Google results, especially in the news section, are extremely slanted towards presenting stories that support narratives promoted and supported by the Democrat ctrl-left, and that frequently suppress or fail to make easily accessible stories and websites that contradict that.

This is a clear fact. Only a braying, unconscionably dishonest, Democrat-left, partisan hack would try to refute it.
The first news story that popped up for me was from Fox News. Then there were a bunch of stories about Trump complaining about Google. I'm neither braying nor dishonest.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yes... we all internet. This site is reached via...

THE INTERNET.

If you Google "gun" of course you will get "gun control" because news usually comes first and not much news is out there that's pro-gun.

If you Google a specific type of gun or gun-related topic, you get what you wanted.

I just Googled "night sights for Glock 26" and I got exactly what I asked for, including some helpful review videos. I even got the sights I have on mine in a video review.

See? It works just fine. No mentions of gun control anywhere.
I probably have only googled searched gun control or something like that. I don't own a gun -- I don't care about them (I don't care if you want one either)....but when I type in gun in search -- the suggestions I got were gun shop, gun type, gun online...etc. no gun control .

But yes -- your google search 'suggestions' or assist are based on what most popular searches AND your previous searches.

Only Trump and a few don't know that.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Interesting. I did a google search on "gun" and the first search term to autofill was "gun broker." Not sure what that says about me.
Mine was also gun broker... well "gunbroker" really. And a few down was "guns n roses."

I did not get "gun control" as an autofill, either. Maybe because I'm not worried about it enough to search it?

Anyway... once I click through to "gun" I do get some news stories on 3D printing of guns and how that's a gun control issue, but after that I just get stuff about guns and firearms... Wikipedia, history, opinion pieces about carrying guns, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies