Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 12:30 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Trumplings just make things up or pull 'em out of a stinky brown place.

No wonder they swallow every lie tRump feeds 'em.

Population Below Poverty Level by U.S. State - FactsMaps

Did you notice that almost all of the bottom dwellers are deep red?

Carry on.

Where do you live Old Gringo? Sounds pretty bad because you are always so miserable sounding. I invite you to come here to NC, a very red state these days, so that you can cheer up some.

We, after all are proud of America & Americans.

I am happy all these great jobs are coming to Kentucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 12:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Cool Your linked opinion piec is irrelevant

So, come up with something showing CA has "the highest poverty rate."

Old 08-28-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Where do you live Old Gringo?
I'm not hiding my location. It's super easy to spot.

Quote:
Sounds pretty bad because you are always so miserable sounding. I invite you to come here to NC, a very red state these days, so that you can cheer up some.
Same old Kitty.

Always off topic.

Always posting about ME

Quote:
We, after all are proud of America & Americans.

I am happy all these great jobs are coming to Kentucky.
I mentioned they'd be good for coal miners.

E Kentucky needs whatever breaks it can get.

Carry on.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:45 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Good news for a depressed area. Unfortunately they had to bribe the mill.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:57 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
I'm not hiding my location. It's super easy to spot.

Same old Kitty.

Always off topic.

Always posting about ME

I mentioned they'd be good for coal miners.

E Kentucky needs whatever breaks it can get.

Carry on.

LAWL. Texas is a big state. Was just trying to understand your hatred of so many Americans. In this case the state of Kentucky. Why can't you be happy that those $70,000 jobs are coming to that area instead of calling them stupid coal miners?

Old 08-28-2018, 01:09 PM

Talking Read my post that you quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LAWL. Texas is a big state. Was just trying to understand your hatred of so many Americans.
Seems you're the one always trying to shift the subject to hate, Kitty.
Quote:
In this case the state of Kentucky. Why can't you be happy that those $70,000 jobs are coming to that area instead of calling them stupid coal miners?
Cite my calling them stupid.

Please try to remain on topic.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:21 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Wow! 600 whole jobs. I’m happy for them.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:31 PM

405 posts, read 257,537 times
Quote:
So, come up with something showing CA has "the highest poverty rate."

There's a difference in having an income below the national poverty rate in a state where utility bills can consume a quarter of your income, and a state where they don't. Capish? Where a one bedroom averages 1,300 dollars and where a one bedroom averages 500 dollars. Not too hard to understand. That the uber wealthy are predominantly Democrat - that's why the discrepancy between red and blue states. The red state poor people haven't been bought yet - that's all.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:42 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
lol this is too funny...

Quote:
Most of Bouchard's past ventures grew through mergers and acquisitions – stitching together existing companies to combine multiple revenue streams to make a single number that might be impressive in size, but isn't always the best measure of long-term success. Some of Bouchard's rapid-fire deals left his companies mired in debt and swimming in red ink, no matter how much revenue they made. In some instances, companies foundered after he left. Take Real Industry, his most recent venture before Braidy. In 2014, he boasted the company could one day emulate Warren Buffett's phenomenal success as a "mini, mini, mini-Berkshire Hathaway." By mid-2016, Bouchard was out as CEO and chairman of the board. By late 2017, Real Industry – an international aluminum recycling business – had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, citing "unsustainable debt service obligations" that largely originated during Bouchard's tenure. https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...der/948025001/
and this...

Quote:
In late April, Gov. Matt Bevin announced that Braidy Industries – a new venture led by metals industry veteran Craig Bouchard – had chosen Greenup County, outside of Ashland, to build what’s been called the most sophisticated aluminum mill in the world. A week later, Bevin’s administration used $15 million in borrowed money to buy stock in the company. Taxpayers now own at least 20 percent of Braidy Industries, making Kentucky either the biggest or second-biggest investor in the company alongside Bouchard, according to state documents released Thursday. The Bevin administration denied WDRB’s requests under the Kentucky Open Records Act to see the financial projections state officials reviewed when they decided to buy into the company. In releasing documents related to its May 4 purchase of the stock, the state unit that made the deal concealed key information, such as the names and addresses of the other investors in Braidy Industries and the amounts they put into the company. Braidy Industries was incorporated in March. The state’s 3 million shares represent about 15 percent of the stock Braidy Industries is authorized to issue, but the redactions make it impossible to tell how many shares have actually been issued. Taxpayer investment in eastern Kentucky aluminum mill decried as 'cronyism' - WDRB 41 Louisville News
Doesn't sound like it had much to do with Kentucky being a right to work state...

Old 08-28-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWLC View Post
There's a difference in having an income below the national poverty rate in a state where utility bills can consume a quarter of your income, and a state where they don't. Capish? Where a one bedroom averages 1,300 dollars and where a one bedroom averages 500 dollars. Not too hard to understand. That the uber wealthy are predominantly Democrat - that's why the discrepancy between red and blue states. The red state poor people haven't been bought yet - that's all.
Contact these folks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...(United_States)

They need to hear from you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies