Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 05:12 PM

4,771 posts, read 3,278,895 times

Advertisements

Looks like there may be no real resolve to the NA saga. It was reported today on sports talk radio that the Players Assoc, wants the owners to change the rule back to, players should stand for the NA, but not be required., and is pretty adamant about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 05:57 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,556,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Again, so what's the problem then?
Capitalism always wants more. For the same reason why games are being played in London multiple times a year. Goodell and the owners want every last dollar they can get. But the sport is healthier than any other televised product out there.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:07 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,556,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Vietnam combat vet here. I agree that the players have a right to “enact” any damn fool thing they want. Now you have to give the rest of us the right to call them ignorant hypocritical jackasses who make a fortune smashing each other senseless and assuming that that gives them the right to lecture us on social justice.

We’re not insulting anything. We just hold a different opinion than you. Attack us viciously and we’ll hit back — which is OUR right.

Got it?
If you think you're being "attacked viciously" by somebody raising a fist or kneeling - - I don't know what to tell you. I'd think that somebody who was in war would be able to see the difference of really being attacked viciously and somebody peacefully protesting the deaths of African-Americans by police officers.

Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with people having differences of opinions on this.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:23 PM

8,502 posts, read 10,914,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
My words to you would be, if you do not believe in the right to peacefully protest then get the hell out.
The right to peaceful protest, and out right, blatant disrespect for one of the strongest symbols of this country, are two entirely different issues.
I believe peaceful protest can be accomplished without showing any disrespect.
The NFL has not learned that lesson yet.

Mr.King accomplished his protest without disrespecting anyone, and change was the result(the civil right's act of 1964).

Bob.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:09 PM

31,949 posts, read 14,955,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you can't insult the flag and national anthem that I and millions of Americans love and then ask for a dialog. That's ignorant.

that's like insulting a woman and then pretending that she would go out with you and talk.

that's like insulting the Black race in something they hold dear and pretend we can later have a conversation?.................. and who are you kidding? I seen this "debate" before and ends, if people don't view their views on things then all of the sudden we are racists and don't care for X group of people.

so save the BS on trying to have a dialog......I don't go to sport games to have a dialog about my politics or your politics and the least the politics of over-paid athletes telling me how I should feel and think and react.
So you hold the players to a higher standard then their fans who are getting beer and food. What hypocrites some of you are. We just need to stop playing the anthem for sports. But your ignorance shows when you listen to Trump instead of the players. This is not about the flag or the anthem. Please get informed

Old 08-29-2018, 08:21 PM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
But these kneeling jack asses aren’t saying anything. They’re just acting silly. If they truly want to have an effect they should go out into their own communities and put their money where their mouth is. Or maybe they should put their money where their knee is.

At this point, there's probably a good number of them that don't even know what they're supposed to be protesting.

Now they're just protesting against not being allowed to protest on the job.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:26 PM

31,949 posts, read 14,955,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
At this point, there's probably a good number of them that don't even know what they're supposed to be protesting.

Now they're just protesting against not being allowed to protest on the job.
They know exactly what they are protesting about. You obviously don't.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:30 PM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
So where's ol' Kaepernick playing now? 30 years old and his best years are fading fast.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:45 PM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They know exactly what they are protesting about. You obviously don't.
All that means is they're doing a **** poor job of getting their message out there.

Because it's not so much what they're protesting that most people take issue with.

It's how and when they're choosing to do it.

Kneeling for the anthem says nothing to the average American about police shootings/brutality/racism etc.

What it says is they're disrespectful, overpaid, unpatriotic spoiled brats.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:50 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,468,587 times
Seeing this thread pop back up reminds me I need to sign up for cable so I can watch more NFL games this year. I can't pick up Fox out here in the boonies and that's typically where the Panthers play. Thanks for the reminder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies