Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 09:33 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,316,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's really frightening to see what some pass off as *normal* teen behavior.

Sorry, I wasn't raised that way and never behaved that way, nor did my children or anyone they hung out with.

I suppose if you're okay with violence, this is normal, but most of us aren't.
Nothing about what she did is acceptable. Let me be very clear about that. But at seventeen, she is a minor who needs guidance from adults who will model appropriate ways to express dissent and guide her in making amends. She does not need to have the book thrown at her, although I support school suspension, perhaps even rising to expulsion if she cannot make a commitment to abiding by the school's behavior standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 09:37 PM

11,185 posts, read 10,960,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Guys, she's seventeen. She's still a minor. Let's just chalk this one up to youthful indiscretion and move on. She just needs someone to help her learn how to control her temper.
I think it is much more serious than that. She is a victim of leftist indoctrination of the sickest variety, whether it started at home or elsewhere. The left already has her in their iron grasps. This sickness will only get more perverse as she enters the US college system. Antifa is licking their lips.....

Old 08-28-2018, 09:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Nothing about what she did is acceptable. Let me be very clear about that. But at seventeen, she is a minor who needs guidance from adults who will model appropriate ways to express dissent and guide her in making amends. She does not need to have the book thrown at her, although I support school suspension, perhaps even rising to expulsion if she cannot make a commitment to abiding by the school's behavior standards.
At seventeen she needs guidance from adults? What about at four and five when most of us learned to 1) keep our hands to ourselves and 2) never hit someone, least of all, an adult?

It starts at home. Her father, while saying he doesn't approve, sure didn't exhibit the embarrassment and apologetic tone most parents would have exhibited in his shoes.

Seventeen is a little late to be learning those things.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,180,034 times
Quote:
Guys, she's seventeen. She's still a minor. Let's just chalk this one up to youthful indiscretion and move on. She hardly needs to be locked up. She just needs someone to help her learn how to control her temper.
No, actions have consequences.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I think it is much more serious than that. She is a victim of leftist indoctrination of the sickest variety, whether it started at home or elsewhere. The left already has her in their iron grasps. This sickness will only get more perverse as she enters the US college system. Antifa is licking their lips.....
Yes...it's invasion of the boy snatchers and Obama and the Clintons have strategically placed giant pods in the dorms and closets of schools and universities.

I can recall this insidious plot from years back...
Quote:
Conservative media accuse Obama of "indoctrinating" kids with back-to-school speech

Numerous conservative media figures have baselessly accused President Obama of trying to "indoctrinate" America's children with his planned back-to-school speech encouraging students to succeed and persist in their studies. Sean Hannity claimed that "it seems very close to indoctrination," while Fox News commentator Monica Crowley said "just when you think this administration can't get any more surreal and Orwellian, here they come to indoctrinate our kids"; similarly, Michelle Malkin claimed that "the left has always used kids in public schools as guinea pigs and as junior lobbyists for their social liberal agenda."

https://www.mediamatters.org/researc...trinati/154180
Only a birther would buy into such idiocy.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:59 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
School uniforms should be the norm.

I'm not that into the brown shirts...

Expression is freedom, disrupting the class, because no one taught you tolerance of others, gets you booted and a criminal charge.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:04 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,428,064 times
Why can't Trump just throw these disrespectful America haters in a camp somewhere?

Old 08-28-2018, 11:17 PM

88,800 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I hope the school district has a special needs school for emotionally undeveloped, violent children. Clearly she's not ready for classroom time with normal students.
It doesn't matter that she's not ready to be in a normal classroom. If that's what her parents want, they'll get it. IDEA.

Incidentally, students with disabilities are the only students with any legal educational rights. The parents of other kids can't go into a school and dictate exactly what kind of educational environment, etc., their kids will get, but the parents of disabled students can.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:12 AM

16,964 posts, read 12,534,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Of course, the student will be disciplined.

I remember seeing at least 4 full on fights in Jr. High but surprisingly none of them made national news....
You must be old like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The student was wrong in how she expressed her anger, and she deserves all charges brought against her and any consequences, imo.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
School uniforms should be the norm.
Terrible idea. Many families cannot afford 2 full sets of clothes. Our schools around here do not allow Tshirt messages of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or "controversial". Controversial means any political applied to all sides equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I can’t understand why a High School would allow the students to wear anything provocative on their shirts. Yes, Trump hats are provocative .....
Agree but so are Bernie hats. NEITHER should be allowed.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:37 AM

88,800 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Agree but so are Bernie hats. NEITHER should be allowed.
Here's the thing, though... I disagree with Bernie 100%, but I would never rip a Bernie hat off someone's head or hit someone over it. Same with Hillary hats. Who cares? WHY is the left so triggered that they're violent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies