Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 08:51 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Wow, he's gone way beyond dog whistle politics with that one. Now, he's making threats, and, make no mistake, that's exactly what it is.
Didja read the article? He's talking about Leftist violence and it has been happening since the inauguration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 08:53 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Didja read the article? He's talking about Leftist violence and it has been happening since the inauguration.
Yes, Mr. Joshua, I have read the article, and I have read and re-read the available transcript of his comments. My opinion has not changed, and I have explained my position in multiple posts. Didja read them?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:55 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Yes, Mr. Joshua, I have read the article, and I have read and re-read the available transcript of his comments. My opinion has not changed, and I have explained my position in multiple posts. Didja read them?
Apparently you didn't at the time of the post that I responded to. No threats were made.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:00 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
If anyone thinks that's a threat of violence from the right, failed to read and comprehend the article:

Quote:
"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence. When you look at Antifa -- these are violent people,"

Talk about spinning words....

Old 08-30-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Apparently you didn't at the time of the post that I responded to. No threats were made.
Because I came to a different conclusion than you? It is possible that two people can read the same material and think differently about it. My opinion is just as valid as yours, and I see fearmongering. I can only hope those in attendance are wise enough to see through it and not politicize the pulpit, which will put their churches in much more peril than the possibility of a Democratically-controlled House.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
OP 'forgot' to post the actual quote-

"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence. When you look at Antifa -- these are violent people," Trump said, describing what would happen should his voters fail to cast ballots. "You have tremendous power. You were saying, in this room, you have people who preach to almost 200 million people. Depending on which Sunday we're talking about."
ANTIFA COULD riot regardless, they are other side to the anarchist libertarians on the far right (well in fiscal policy.)
They just got politicized and motivated under Trump. They however don't live Democrats.

But regardless, this is just asinine for a president to say this. Alex Jones doing it is one thing, now we got a President using riots to re-energize his base is morally reprehensible.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:06 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
ANTIFA COULD riot regardless, they are other side to the anarchist libertarians on the far right (well in fiscal policy.)
They just got politicized and motivated under Trump. They however don't live Democrats.

But regardless, this is just asinine for a president to say this. Alex Jones doing it is one thing, now we got a President using riots to re-energize his base is morally reprehensible.
Just when you think Trump couldn't possibly get any lower.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:13 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It defies logic.

Trump - If the Left wins, they'll get violent.

Why would the Left (ignoring that its really goons on the fringe) get violent if they win?

I mean he is playing this up like this it will be the Summer of '68 all over again.

I mean, lets be honest, the Ds winning back the House (I assume the Senate is out of reach) is more likely to be met with this reaction:

Old 08-30-2018, 09:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If anyone thinks that's a threat of violence from the right, failed to read and comprehend the article:

Talk about spinning words....
And it still makes no sense. If Democrats win, they will resort to violence. Why would the winners resort to violence??????

Old 08-30-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You didn't read the article.
Yes, I did. In my opinion, Trump's words are an incitement to preemptory violence to counter what Trump purports is a widespread threat from Antifa. He's very clear; he's not mincing his words.

Quote:
"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence. When you look at Antifa -- these are violent people," Trump said, describing what would happen should his voters fail to cast ballots. "You have tremendous power. You were saying, in this room, you have people who preach to almost 200 million people. Depending on which Sunday we're talking about."
This is how wannabe autocrats consolidate their power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies