Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 05:20 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He was reelected because we were still hoping for the change. I thought he was just slow to start. During his second term I noticed how divisive he was, how punitive he was, how there was no transparency in his administration, and I lost all respect for the man.

I think it's going to be a long time before another black candidate gets as far as he did, but it will depend on whether or not Soros selects and funds another black candidate as he did Obama.
Soros is already working with the democrat Andrew Gillium running for governor in Florida. I truly think the DNC stole the rightful win from Graham and gave it to Gillium in hoping to repeat that Obama fire from 2008. The thing is, we have a large Hispanic population that lives here, and there is a bit of a race war going on between the Black and Hispanic communities. Cubans make up the largest nationality in Florida, and DeSantis is Hispanic, and he is also very good friends with Cuban American Marco Rubio, who will no doubt show support throughout the campaign.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:30 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
No I was just pointing out the demographic trends to disprove the incredibly dumb OP on why we will never have a black president.
Never? Hmmm... I guess I'm having false memory syndrome.

Or are you just implying that he wasn't black (enough to be called black)?

Old 08-29-2018, 05:30 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Well, the primary reason he was elected in 2008 was because he is black. White people especially wanted to feel good about electing a black President.
Doubtful. I think any democrat would have beat out the republican side back then because people were sick of Bush and his war profiteering machine.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:38 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Reality is that any future Black Candidate for President is going to be measured against Obama.
Good or Bad ..... that's just the way it is.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
All I’ll say is that if past presidential performance is based on race, then maybe we should NEVER have a white male president ever again. I can play this game too. The default position of this country is no longer “white men must lead us,” and it never will be again. Those days are over. There’s a knife stuck in the chest of white male paternalism, and I’m doing my part to push it in further and twist it as hard as possible.

This ain’t your grandfather’s America. If you didn’t get a chance to kiss it goodbye on its way out the door, too bad. Me personally...I kicked it in the ass on its way out.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:44 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
I think the next black President will be elected a lot sooner than the first one was.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:50 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
SOOOO....my 11 year old daughter said to me that no one will elect a black person President again because of how bad a President Obama was and I said not, that's not right. It shouldn't matter what color you are if you do a good job. Then I thought about it more and realized that in 2012, Obama was only re-elected because he was black and if you didn't agree with his policies, you were racist, blah, blah, blah. So I think she might be right. They won't elect one for a long time because you are not allowed to think a black person's policies are just lousy. Even when they are. What do you think?
Obama proved that america will elect a black man with a Muslim name. We would again if the right candidate was up for election. Obama did better than I expected but then he benefitted greatly from electing a Republican Congress to bail him out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies