Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 11:45 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times

Advertisements

Fine by me. I don't like to work with trans people. They tend to not play well with people who are normal let alone conservative.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:46 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
For my part, I simply can't understand why anyone could be bothered to take this issue to court now, lest they are just incredibly hateful and small minded people who want to terrorize those they perceive as beneath them.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:46 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...ng-transgender

I wouldn't want to hire someone mentally ill, someone under psychiatric care. These are liabilities. How can that be wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If they are representing your business to the public and are in the middle of transitioning, I can see being able to fire them. No different than if I have someone as the face of my business and they start getting multiple tattoos. Any business owner should be able to say how a representative to the public appears.
I would not want a transgender person representing my business to the public. They have a right to do whatever they want, but they don't have a right to skip the consequences of their actions.

Oh, and I'm gay.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Fine by me. I don't like to work with trans people.
Shocker

Quote:
They tend to not play well with people who are normal let alone conservative.
You're telling me they might harbor just a weeeeeee bit of resent toward the very people who have tried to make their lives a living hell for decades. Wow! You don't say!

Old 08-30-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
but they don't have a right to skip the consequences of their actions.
As of now, the courts say they do.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:51 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
What a hateful and ignorant thing to say. Part of transitioning is finding a new place for yourself in the world.
Perhaps Oklahoma isn’t the place.
It’s not incumbent upon society to bend to fit these individuals, but rather transitional people need to determine how best their new selves can contribute to the overall good of society.
For you to suggest that transitioners be given special treatment is extremely bigoted on your part, very similar to racism.
And it's not bigoted to force everyone to acknowledge and submit to the authority of your invisible sky wizard?

Old 08-30-2018, 11:55 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
For my part, I simply can't understand why anyone could be bothered to take this issue to court now, lest they are just incredibly hateful and small minded people who want to terrorize those they perceive as beneath them.
Have you seen what some transgender people look like while transitioning? Suppose you own a bunch of upper class Day Cares and hired this well-dressed young woman to represent your business. Then she decides to transition into a man. Or she decides to get full-sleeve tattoos or go Goth? You think that you should have to keep her even though she may cost you a bunch of your customers? A boss should always be able to fire anyone.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Shocker

You're telling me they might harbor just a weeeeeee bit of resent toward the very people who have tried to make their lives a living hell for decades. Wow! You don't say!
And you don't think conservatives don't resent the decades of liberals making their lives a living hell?

Even though you might have ever valid reason under the sun to fire someone if they're a given protected class and are liberal most favored group, they become extra-protected.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:02 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Trump's America is all about terrorizing and getting revenge on those that the religious right considers to be "deviants." Part of why Trump is so popular is a backlash against LGBT-rights obtained during the Obama years. I would say there's nobody more hated in the US right now than transgender people in particular but that's part of an overall theme of our time. America today is completely defined by a deep seething rage and hatred against all those who don't adhere strictly to established societal norms. In Trump's America there's absolutely no room for anybody who isn't white, straight, and fundamentalist Christian.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump's America is all about terrorizing and getting revenge on those that the religious right considers to be "deviants." Part of why Trump is so popular is a backlash against LGBT-rights obtained during the Obama years. I would say there's nobody more hated in the US right now than transgender people in particular but that's part of an overall theme of our time. America today is completely defined by a deep seething rage and hatred against all those who don't adhere strictly to established societal norms. In Trump's America there's absolutely no room for anybody who isn't white, straight, and fundamentalist Christian.
Projecting the liberal mentality onto conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies