Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 04:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Funny, I'm in a "don't feel like dealing with smug pseudointellectuals" mode today. So is there any chance you could impart your lesson to a different audience?
Or I can simply tell you what you already know:

You can't tell the story of Neil Armstrong without Buzz Aldrin just as much as you can't tell the story of the moon landing without that photo.

See how it easy it is when you don't have to takes sides with a "team" and simply focus on the truth?

Up next: a biopic of Magic Johnson which includes Larry Bird (because you can't tell the story of one without the other) that leaves out their time together on the Olympic basketball team in 1992 because they represented their country.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 05:02 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,034,556 times
I wonder what the plaque attached to the ladder of the Apollo XI lunar lander says:

Why, here's a photo of said plaque. Let's see what it says.

"HERE MEN FROM THE PLANET EARTH
FIRST SET FOOT UPON THE MOON
JULY, 1969, A.D.

WE CAME IN PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND"

And it is signed by:

Neil A. Armstrong, Astronaut
Michael Collins, Astronaut
Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr., Astronaut
Richard Nixon, President, United States of America

That having been said...it wasn't "mankind" that paid for the excursion, but the American taxpayer.
Attached Thumbnails
Movie "First Man" about the first man to walk on the moon-apollo_11_plaque_closeup_on_moon.jpg  

Old 09-04-2018, 05:04 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Well, I dared hope.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:24 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
All in al I just want the same ‘Awe’ that I had when watching Apollo 13 as a kid in theatres. With a but of wonder from Interstellar.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Ryan Gosling is Canadian, not Australian. And the U.S. flag is shown standing on the lunar surface. They just didn't show the actual planting. Do Trump supporters spend every waking moment trying to think of something to get indignant about?
Kindly show a post where I am a Trump supporter. I routinely call him the Orange one or any of number of names but his own.

My sticking point is with the crowd trying to make it sound as if if every country had a hand in landing a man on the moon. Facts are facts, It was a US effort, not a global effort.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:45 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, I dared hope.
Obama put out the "hope" nonsense too. It destroyed the Democrat party in 8 years. And like that mess, this movie is revisionist PC trash. Spin it any way you like, but Americans, are tired of it.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:18 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Does Hollywood have the ability to tell a story the way it happened without an agenda these days?
No. Liberals can't do ANYTHING without virtue signaling and leftist propaganda.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:37 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No. Liberals can't do ANYTHING without virtue signaling and leftist propaganda.

Exactly.

The planting of the flag on the moon, including the beautiful, iconic photo of Aldrin saluting it, is a part of Americana some people simply cannot tolerate.

The scene has appeared in many films, too. And getting out of Hollywood and back to reality, planting an American flag was important enough to be part of every subsequent mission (American, of course), which made it to the moon (that'd be 5).

'Nuff said.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:40 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
I really wanted to see the movie.

Since Hollywood took a knee, I won't pay a penny in the theater, I'll wait till it hits HBO...Maybe

Old 09-05-2018, 10:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
And what do the righties say about going to the moon?

That it was faked! You are right, 50 years of derangement are indeed hard to believe.

***Alex Jones***
See I thought the moon was where the gay frogs came from and they came with the astronauts on the shuttles back to earth. Or were they created by the lizard people? I can't get my conspiracy theories correct. GAY FROGS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies