Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 12:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing about how Trump is Bad Leroy Brown, and how he ain’t gonna take any guff from this or that foreign leader, and how blah blah blah nation fears us now because we’ve got a REAL leader in the WH that won’t lay down for any crap.

So okay, if he’s so tough, why sit around crying about how your AG is a wimp and he’s screwing you when you can fire him and be done with him.

And if you’re so tough, why would you care that the Republicans in Congress won’t like it. Why doesn’t Trump just say that “if they don’t like it, they can get some too!”

But I don’t understand why Trump...the putative “baddest man on the planet” has been reduced to whining about a man that he can EASILY dispose of. Especially if Trump isn’t really guilty of anything and Mueller is a crook and a guy running a political witch hunt. Right?

Because seriously...I’m tired of Trump crying about Sessions. It’s getting real old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 12:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,689,822 times
Troll

Old 08-24-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Troll
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/08/23/p...ral/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ssions-vpx.cnn

Old 08-24-2018, 01:07 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,533,893 times
Trump has no legal grounds other than he wants the AG to fire Rosenstein/Mueller to end the Special Counsel probe - which requires both be guilty of dereliction of duty. Otherwise, firing either looks like obstruction of justice - which "might" be a hard pill for some Republicans to swallow - although present behavior indicates is none of them will do anything about it anyway.

Sessions isn't guilty of incompetence - and, according to him, has accomplished a lot.

All that said, Trump could fire both Rosenstein and Sessions and get away with it in my opinion. He's pretty much got away with everything most of his life - lying, bullying, namecalling, constant attacks and disrespect for the law clearly are a winning MO for him.

From what I heard on Brian Williams tonight, WH consensus is he needs to wait until after the Mueller Report is completed which everyone expects will drop in Sept. That pesky "obstruction of justice" issue again. If Trump is 'cleared,' he'll have an easier time getting another AG confirmed. If he fires him now, Congress won't confirm. That's what Bob Costa said tonight. Makes sense.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Trump has no legal grounds other than he wants the AG to fire Rosenstein/Mueller - which requires both be guilty of dereliction of duty. Otherwise, firing either looks like obstruction of justice - which "might" be a hard pill for some Republicans to swallow - although my guess is none of them will do anything about it.

Sessions isn't guilty of incompetence - and, according to him, has accomplished a lot.

All that said, Trump could fire both Rosenstein and Sessions and get away with it in my opinion. He's pretty much got away with everything most of his life - lying, bullying, namecalling and constant attacks clearly are a winning MO for him.
Trump needs no reason to fire them at all. None.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:16 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,533,893 times
I added another paragraph after you posted.

Congress won't approve another AG. Firing him now looks too much like obstruction of justice.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:48 AM

18,053 posts, read 27,507,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I keep hearing about how Trump is Bad Leroy Brown, and how he ain’t gonna take any guff from this or that foreign leader, and how blah blah blah nation fears us now because we’ve got a REAL leader in the WH that won’t lay down for any crap.

So okay, if he’s so tough, why sit around crying about how your AG is a wimp and he’s screwing you when you can fire him and be done with him.

And if you’re so tough, why would you care that the Republicans in Congress won’t like it. Why doesn’t Trump just say that “if they don’t like it, they can get some too!”

But I don’t understand why Trump...the putative “baddest man on the planet” has been reduced to whining about a man that he can EASILY dispose of. Especially if Trump isn’t really guilty of anything and Mueller is a crook and a guy running a political witch hunt. Right?

Because seriously...I’m tired of Trump crying about Sessions. It’s getting real old.
Blah blah blah, here's the deal.

Fire Sessions then Rosenstein takes his place.

He stays there for the next Two and a half years.

That answer your question?

Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,602,847 times
cnn? the king of fake news, really??

Old 08-24-2018, 03:36 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

He won’t.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:48 AM

14,810 posts, read 8,139,957 times
If he was as tough as they claim he wouldn't get his panties all in a wad because late night TV shows and SNL do monologues with jokes about him (Political Satire has been one of their largest staples since the sixties/seventies).

He wouldn't freak out because people spoke out against him, because he would know that in our Country everyone has the right to free speech.

He would not attack the Press with name calling them "Fake News" everytime they did a report on him that he didn't like, because the first amendment and all that are more important than some personally felt slight.

He wouldn't attack cabinet members and other Politicians because they put law and order and loyalty to their Country and their citizens above loyalty to him.

Yet he tweets constantly like a little middle school girl, hurling out insults and name calling
(that is far below the integrity and honor that should be emanating from the office of President of the United States.)

He can dish it out but he certainly can't take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies