Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 12:55 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

She's a Far Left KOOK. I wonder who she will sleep with next to further advance her political career. Maybe another married politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 12:56 PM

172 posts, read 107,970 times
Why would anybody work of minimum wage to begin with?

Old 09-01-2018, 01:00 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,601,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COJeff View Post
Personally, I can't name one person who does in this high COLA zone.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:54 PM

995 posts, read 510,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
If people can't afford to live there, then they need to relocate. It's not rocket science and it doesn't require the involvement of government.
I would love to see this happen on a massive scale. Get all the poor out of the rich areas. Every last one of them. That would be awesome, to have whole cities filled with just the rich. Then again, who would carry out the garbage? Teach their kids? Serve up that bitter swill they call "coffee" in a certain type of coffee shop? Would wages go sky high for those jobs?

In Key West, where there is zero affordable housing, they have to bus the service crews 2 hours each way from the mainland to work the hospitality jobs. I wish Florida would ban this practice, so the hotel owners would have to do one of 2 things - raise wages sky-high to afford sky-high rents, or provide affordable housing for the low-paid staff.

But yes, I do think the poor should move away from the costly areas - let the rich fend for themselves.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:50 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
THERE IS a natural order of things. People who can't run fast don't compete in the Olympics, people who can't dance don't choose ballroom as a profession. I learned this in high school when I saw that despite being a good baseball player there were others whose arms were stronger, eye was quicker than I. So I chose other ways to enjoy my life.

Many people who were enrolled, admitted and advanced due to their skin color or cultural affiliation never had the chance to learn this and so they move forward into their paths and careers thinking that they are just as smart (or smarter) than others. The result is that when they make an argument or take a position, they are dumbfounded that others don't get their viewpoint. At the end of their wits, they cannot consider that others actually ended up in the rooms that they occupy by hard work, smarts and not being advanced due to their skin colors.

Kamala Harris, Marilyn Mosby and many other dark skinned persons did not get sorted out by this process and were advanced to positions where they simply don't have the smarts to create sustain and enact a strategic position. Looking bewildered they stare at the others dumfounded, at a loss to explain why they can't get others to "see".

This is a component of the argument to have everyone else pay rent for illegal aliens residing in California. Ms. Harris simply can't see that others will not be walking stride for stride with her goals. She has an idea without the training or insight to see that her position is ludicrous and is promoted just as she was, without competition, without risk of failure and without common sense.

Her idea will fail, just as Ms. Mosby in Baltimore did. But it's up to us to at least recognize how these people got into their positions full of self importance and full of useless ideas.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:59 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,396,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
THERE IS a natural order of things. People who can't run fast don't compete in the Olympics, people who can't dance don't choose ballroom as a profession. I learned this in high school when I saw that despite being a good baseball player there were others whose arms were stronger, eye was quicker than I. So I chose other ways to enjoy my life.

Many people who were enrolled, admitted and advanced due to their skin color or cultural affiliation never had the chance to learn this and so they move forward into their paths and careers thinking that they are just as smart (or smarter) than others. The result is that when they make an argument or take a position, they are dumbfounded that others don't get their viewpoint. At the end of their wits, they cannot consider that others actually ended up in the rooms that they occupy by hard work, smarts and not being advanced due to their skin colors.

Kamala Harris, Marilyn Mosby and many other dark skinned persons did not get sorted out by this process and were advanced to positions where they simply don't have the smarts to create sustain and enact a strategic position. Looking bewildered they stare at the others dumfounded, at a loss to explain why they can't get others to "see".

This is a component of the argument to have everyone else pay rent for illegal aliens residing in California. Ms. Harris simply can't see that others will not be walking stride for stride with her goals. She has an idea without the training or insight to see that her position is ludicrous and is promoted just as she was, without competition, without risk of failure and without common sense.

Her idea will fail, just as Ms. Mosby in Baltimore did. But it's up to us to at least recognize how these people got into their positions full of self importance and full of useless ideas.
Geezus christ...you must make your mother so proud with the racist garbage you spew.

By the way, I am opposed to her proposal as I think there are far better ways to address the issue.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:10 PM

24,638 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COJeff View Post
Agreed, people should only work for $100K minimum salary as this is the only number liberals would consider fair for burger flippers and the like.

Old 09-01-2018, 05:30 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Geezus christ...you must make your mother so proud with the racist garbage you spew.

By the way, I am opposed to her proposal as I think there are far better ways to address the issue.
Yes that would be the default response that it's racist? call 1800 baby wahwah. You can argue with it but the skin color of the person in this case brown or black was used in the selection process....I always hear it when the post is accurate.

Last edited by AADAD; 09-01-2018 at 05:46 PM..

Old 09-01-2018, 06:31 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We are currently subsidizing the farmers . . so why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Interesting idea.

We subsidize farmers. Why not renters.

Farmers are actually important to all of America, minimum wage Californians who can't afford to live in the city aren't.

Funny how many liberals today are the complete opposite of JFK. “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country”. Liberals are all about gimme-gimme-gimme.

Old 09-01-2018, 07:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I would love to see this happen on a massive scale. Get all the poor out of the rich areas. Every last one of them. That would be awesome, to have whole cities filled with just the rich. Then again, who would carry out the garbage? Teach their kids? Serve up that bitter swill they call "coffee" in a certain type of coffee shop? Would wages go sky high for those jobs?

In Key West, where there is zero affordable housing, they have to bus the service crews 2 hours each way from the mainland to work the hospitality jobs. I wish Florida would ban this practice, so the hotel owners would have to do one of 2 things - raise wages sky-high to afford sky-high rents, or provide affordable housing for the low-paid staff.

But yes, I do think the poor should move away from the costly areas - let the rich fend for themselves.
So you’d rather the people working hospitality jobs in key west not be allowed to work there ? To spite those that live or have a business in that costly area ?

Sometimes in these areas the kids of the high income or rich will work these jobs .

80 plus percent of millionaires in America are self made and understand the value of work and starting from the bottom . Despite the popular myth that most millionaires inherited all their money .

America: Where Millionaires are Self Made
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies