Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 09:41 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Then how are you for reducing illegal immigration? If you give DACA amnesty status all you've done is increase the draw for illegal immigration.

These DACA people know the culture of the nation their parents are from about as good as they know America. They try to set up and live in communities like where they're from. Don't fool yourself.
And then they encourage their friends and relatives to do the same thing....When's it going to end

Unfortunately the destruction and illegal industries created by illegal migrants coming here is Horrendous, and often ignored. Coyotes, and drug cartels creating industries that abuse the Illegals and destroy our deserts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tels/11423695/
Attached Thumbnails
Cato Institute: Open borders insanity-illegal.jpg   Cato Institute: Open borders insanity-illegal2.jpg   Cato Institute: Open borders insanity-illegal3.jpg  

Last edited by LS Jaun; 08-30-2018 at 09:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 09:44 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Nope, they have a very coherent world view, based on nearly total freedom for the individual, the primacy of property rights, and totally free markets. To just think of them as splitting the difference between Rs and Ds is lazy thinking.

Frankly, this lefty is utterly astounded that I am explaining this very basic political information to a bunch of righties. If you don’t know this, I have to wonder what on earth you do know? The Koch brothers fund Rs the way that Soros funds Ds. You’d better learn something about them if you expect to understand what is going on in your own damn party.
Precisely.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And then they encourage their friends and relatives to do the same thing....When's it going to end
Yep, amnesties and just tolerating and accepting illegals just gets us more chain illegal and legal immigration. Then we end up with all the lunacy like in California.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I won't disappoint.

There should be no borders except those of the individual and his rightful private property.

You can have open borders or you can have a welfare state. You can not have both. Milton Friedman

Old 08-30-2018, 09:47 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
No Mr Miron. We don’t want open borders. I swear the left has lost their minds

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...e-open-borders
I can't even anymore. The CATO foundation used to be a serious institution that weighed all potential outcomes. This lunacy that was penned only looks at the intermediate stages. Within 10 years this country would look like a third world nation if it was an open borders nation. Goddam these people are evil and will say and do anything to undermine the governing laws this country was founded on.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You can have open borders or you can have a welfare state. You can not have both. Milton Friedman
Liberals are trying to get to their welfare state through open borders. Libertarians are trying to have open borders and no welfare state and less aggression. Open borders contradicts both.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Of course. No State, no welfare, no borders.

There's so much misinformation in this thread I don't think I can tackle it all.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:17 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I can't even anymore. The CATO foundation used to be a serious institution that weighed all potential outcomes. This lunacy that was penned only looks at the intermediate stages. Within 10 years this country would look like a third world nation if it was an open borders nation. Goddam these people are evil and will say and do anything to undermine the governing laws this country was founded on.
Exactly.

Libertarians and the left are insane on immigration/borders

Old 08-30-2018, 11:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Liberals are trying to get to their welfare state through open borders. Libertarians are trying to have open borders and no welfare state and less aggression. Open borders contradicts both.
As a pragmatic libertarian married to a brown immigrant I’ll state open borders can only be a policy in the absence of the welfare state.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
As a pragmatic libertarian married to a brown immigrant I’ll state open borders can only be a policy in the absence of the welfare state.

The people entering our mostly open borders do not politically support an absence of a welfare state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies