Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2018, 02:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,185,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If the reason given for appointing a special prosecutor is that the president cannot investigate himself, then I have to assume the prosecutions being turned over to career DOJ prosecutors have nothing to do with Trump or his campaign.

So what are we doing?
The prosecutions being handed off are crimes uncovered during the investigation, but that will continue long after the Mueller investigation is over.

Probably unrelated to Trump's obstruction and campaign collusion. If Trump would agree to be interviewed so he may be given a fair chance to give his side of his actions, this could probably be wrapped up more quickly. He's the one dragging it out.

Mueller's team doesn't leak. Here is a consolidation of the evidence Mueller has seen, but that the public has not:

https://www.axios.com/robert-mueller...058e08fcf.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 02:40 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,696,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I heard this from you guys 3 years ago when I told you that Trump would win the Nomination & the election.

Here's another one for you. Trump will not be indicted, he will not be impeached, he will be re-elected in 2020 for a second term, and you guys will still be telling me that I'm wrong.
True. Nobody ever went broke overestimating the stupidity of the American public, that's for sure.

But the Mueller investigation isn't over, even though you're insisting that it is, so there's that.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:44 PM

36,937 posts, read 18,915,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You offer excuses without supported evidence. Play by your own request.
Mueller didn't tell anyone about getting rid of bad apple Peter Strzok.
It was discovered by media 4 months after the fact.
Claiming to know what Mueller thinks or will do is shotgun logic at best.
I left the door open with my speculation "in all likelihood". You are the one who claimed the pair "abruptly quit".

My opinion is precisely that. You statement of fact is what requires supporting documentation. Please provide it, or admit that you don't know and/or it isn't true.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:44 PM

25,421 posts, read 18,536,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
True. Nobody ever went broke overestimating the stupidity of the American public, that's for sure.

But the Mueller investigation isn't over, even though you're insisting that it is, so there's that.
But it's okay. They have somewhat redeemed themselves from the stupidity of the prior eight years. It just took awhile to see what a mistake was made in 2008. But, the boo-boo is all better now.

As for the Mueller investigation, it was over about a hundred million tax dollars ago.

Last edited by ChrisC; 08-31-2018 at 02:56 PM..

Old 08-31-2018, 02:53 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,561,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I left the door open with my speculation "in all likelihood". You are the one who claimed the pair "abruptly quit".

My opinion is precisely that. You statement of fact is what requires supporting documentation. Please provide it, or admit that you don't know and/or it isn't true.
Not my claim at all. You have confused it with another poster. However the right course of action for Mueller now would be to fire all of his team, end the witch hunt, and throw himself on the mercy of the President.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:54 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,449,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post

Yawn. The "I'm smarter than the rest of USA argument". Hillary tried it, it didn't work. And she's better at it than you.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:57 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,696,836 times
Quote:
Yawn. The "I'm smarter than the rest of USA argument". Hillary tried it, it didn't work. And she's better at it than you.
It's a quote from H.L. Mencken.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:09 PM

36,937 posts, read 18,915,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Not my claim at all. You have confused it with another poster. However the right course of action for Mueller now would be to fire all of his team, end the witch hunt, and throw himself on the mercy of the President.
You are correct. It was intended for Waldo.

My apologies.

The "Witch Hunt", BTW is a term coined by Nixon. Mueller can't quit before he's finished winning. He can only quit when he catches all the witches.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:16 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,561,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You are correct. It was intended for Waldo.

My apologies.

The "Witch Hunt", BTW is a term coined by Nixon. Mueller can't quit before he's finished winning. He can only quit when he catches all the witches.
No harm done.

Term from 1640 resurrected throughout history to the present.

Mueller has only nailed a few warlocks. The only witch he can catch is Hillary and she has fended him off with her broom as she swept her crimes under the rug. With help from Mueller's pal Comey.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:17 PM

34,273 posts, read 19,270,906 times
Quote:
I heard this from you guys 3 years ago when I told you that Trump would win the Nomination & the election.

Here's another one for you. Trump will not be indicted, he will not be impeached, he will be re-elected in 2020 for a second term, and you guys will still be telling me that I'm wrong.

I predicted that Trump would win the electoral, and lose the popular. So apparently my predictions are even better then yours.

So heres my guess-which since your claim to authority is your prediction that Trump would win, and mine went into details about how is therefore probably better then yours.

Trump will be impeached when the new house sits, but he wont be removed from office. Why? Because the Democrats will block everything he does, and his constant failure to act like an adult will pull the GOP into the mud, making Republicans lose office for a generation.

He will lose the Republican primary in 2020. After he leaves office he will be indicted and face jail.

I mean its possible the Republicans will grow a brain and throw him off the GOP train, but really...why should the Democrats interrupt them when they are making a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies