Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2018, 07:42 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Or he's as wrong as usual....
I'll bet you thought Dershowitz was right when he tried to smear Mueller with the Whitey Bulger case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 09:04 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
One thing we know for certain, if Mueller writes a negative report about Trump with the intention of supporting impeachment, Democrats can kiss 2020 goodbye.
Actually I don't think Democrats are going to win anyway, but Mueller can absolutely seal their fate by antagonizing Republicans everywhere.
So I hope Mueller gets sucked in to that trap.

News flash: Mueller is a Republican.

Furthermore, Mueller's intent is not about impeachment. It's about finding the truth -- something that you seem adverse to. Why is that, comrade?

Old 12-03-2018, 09:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
One thing we know for certain, if Mueller writes a negative report about Trump with the intention of supporting impeachment, Democrats can kiss 2020 goodbye.
Actually I don't think Democrats are going to win anyway, but Mueller can absolutely seal their fate by antagonizing Republicans everywhere.
So I hope Mueller gets sucked in to that trap.
It's not Mueller's job to recommend impeachment. It's his job to write a report. Period

Old 12-03-2018, 09:12 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Little doubt there were republicans in 1974 saying the same thing about impeaching Nixon and the upcoming 1976 election.
My ex-mother-in-law went to her grave insisting that Nixon was framed by the Democrats. Sometimes you just have to accept stupidity for what it is, because you really can't fix stupid. I have no doubt there are many Trump supporters who will fall into this category in the years to come.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:19 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

Furthermore, Mueller's intent is not about impeachment. It's about finding the truth -- something that you seem adverse to. Why is that, comrade?
Trumpies can't handle the truth.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:40 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

Finding the truth about what? Manafort's tax issues from 10+ years ago? The Special Counsel was appointed to investigate Trump/Russia collusion surrounding the 2016 Presidential Election, it's turned into a Democrat fishing expedition looking for anything they can use to Impeach the President. Anyone who claims that this investigation isn't politically motivated is a liar, it doesn't matter whatsoever that Mueller claimed to be a Republican at one point nor does that prove he's impartial. There are "Republicans" in DC who have worked to undermine this President since the day he was elected, that's no shock.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:43 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Finding the truth about what? Manafort's tax issues from 10+ years ago? The Special Counsel was appointed to investigate Trump/Russia collusion surrounding the 2016 Presidential Election, it's turned into a Democrat fishing expedition looking for anything they can use to Impeach the President. Anyone who claims that this investigation isn't politically motivated is a liar, it doesn't matter whatsoever that Mueller claimed to be a Republican at one point nor does that prove he's impartial. There are "Republicans" in DC who have worked to undermine this President since the day he was elected, that's no shock.
What's so funny about all of this is that you can't impeach for things that didn't happen while in office, but the usuals here don't know that since the TV hasn't told them that yet.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:49 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What's so funny about all of this is that you can't impeach for things that didn't happen while in office, but the usuals here don't know that since the TV hasn't told them that yet.
I don't think many on the left have a clue about what the impeachment process means, how it works or the fact that it doesn't mean that Trump would be removed from office.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Democrats aren't calling for impeachment yet. We are waiting for Mueller's report. All that blather is coming from your side.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:35 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
What amuses me is how many people say nonsense like this. You can QUITE LITERALLY impeach someone because you do not like how they chew their food. You can say it impinges upon the appearance that a president needs, and define it as a high crime and misdemeanor. Done. High crimes and misdemeanors are not defined crimes. AT ALL. Try and learn things folks, stop being ignorant.

Now, in reality-no president is going to be impeached for anything that isn't a serious crime, but that crime can have occurred before they were elected. Trying to claim otherwise is nonsense. And while I have strong opinions on what should impeach a president-Clinton should not have been impeached for example, and if we find out Trump cheated on his taxes I would not normally support his impeachment. BUT.....Republicans have set the standard. Impeachment is acceptable even if lying about who you slept with. So by their own standards Trump is absolutely impeachable for even the most minor perjury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies