Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 07:44 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,465,785 times

Advertisements

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/31/polit...pay/index.html

There are so many hilarious things about this, culminating with these three:

1. Who believes Donald is capable of "studying" anything, much less during prime golf time?

2. If he was going to "study the issue," why didn't the idiot do it BEFORE opening is greasy piehole?

3. His quote is already distancing himself from it - now it's not him who doesn't want to do it, it's these mythical "people" - nice lie, way to be a man of integrity and own his words.

Quote:
"I'm going to be studying the federal workers in Washington that you have been reading so much about, people don't want to give them the increase, they haven't had one in a long time, I said I'm going to study that over the weekend."
Prediction: Populist Trump is going to do an about-face on this soon because he discovered it doesn't play well with his popularity, which is his only guiding principle, after giving it 0.3 seconds of "thought" before blabbing the first time. Quintessential Trump.

If you think this is real leadership, you're probably dense. He'll probably be this cavalier and off-the-cuff when he launches a nuclear war one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 07:54 AM

10,821 posts, read 4,372,850 times
You don't get to where Trump is without studying.
In fact even in the late 1990s he was studying North Korea and warned everyone that they'd be a nuclear threat.
Meanwhile Bill Clinton aided North Korea with nuclear reactors.

Old 09-01-2018, 07:56 AM

29,853 posts, read 24,953,870 times
Trump is college educated, implying that he is capable of studying something. I thought having a college degree makes you super smart and totally dependable? At least, that's what you liberals have been telling everyone.

Old 09-01-2018, 07:58 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,913,913 times
He's gonna back down as he didn't realize how bad a decision this was...he made it without any thought as he does most of his ideas. Now he will back down, tail between legs. More winning!

Old 09-01-2018, 08:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

1. Who believes Donald is capable of "studying" anything, much less during prime golf time?

2. If he was going to "study the issue," why didn't the idiot do it BEFORE opening is greasy piehole?

3. His quote is already distancing himself from it - now it's not him who doesn't want to do it, it's these mythical "people" - nice lie, way to be a man of integrity and own his words.

Prediction: Populist Trump is going to do an about-face on this soon because he discovered it doesn't play well with his popularity, which is his only guiding principle, after giving it 0.3 seconds of "thought" before blabbing the first time. Quintessential Trump.
That's just not "the tRump way."
Quote:
If you think this is real leadership, you're probably dense. He'll probably be this cavalier and off-the-cuff when he launches a nuclear war one day.
Wag the dog, maybe?

Old 09-01-2018, 08:01 AM

3,334 posts, read 1,968,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

His announcement regarding federal pay had the desired effect: it focused attention on the sloth and greed of government “workers”.
Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:01 AM

7,243 posts, read 4,563,189 times
I hope he does change his mind. I am (or was) a Trump supporter and also a Federal Employee. This "raise" is a cost of living raise. It is automatic because I don't have the ability to advocate for what I am truly worth. Because let me tell you, it is a HECK of a lot more than that stupid little raise I get. If he would like to let me negotiate my salary with my boss, well that is a different scenario.

But he needs to understand this does not play well. He is punishing middle class employees from the scraps that they get so that millionaires and billionaires can get more.

IF he wants to FIRE lazy federal employees.. be my guest. But not punish the rest of us.

But beyond that... there are two million federal employees who all could decide to start tightening their belts.. which won't go over well for this economy.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:05 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times
Real presidents do their studying before they open their mouths.

Real ones. The illegitimate ones are loose cannons.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:06 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
His announcement regarding federal pay had the desired effect: it focused attention on the sloth and greed of government “workers”.
Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
What is your problem- tried for a position and weren’t selected? If not, go to USAJOBS and apply. Be sure you are actually qualified, have an education, good credit, aren’t a druggie, and can pass a background check.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:07 AM

45,251 posts, read 26,498,346 times
Wishful thinking, but it would be nice after studying the pay Trump decides to eliminate the useless positions entirely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies