Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 09:55 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times

Advertisements

Definitely the wrong place and time to express such an opinion. Considering this was at a funeral procession, I think the outrage has some justification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 10:18 AM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
He probably says something similar in church every Sunday morning.

I got no problem with Minister Farrakhan or him being there. Used to watch him all the time when we were in St Louis. He never said anything that offended me. But then, neither did Jeremiah Wright.
Haha. But I'm called a white racist!!

Old 09-01-2018, 10:27 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Al Sharpton did his bit of disgusting political bloviating in the usual self-serving mockery of decency.
Al just wants a little R-E-S-P-I-C-T...........

Old 09-01-2018, 10:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Was Rev. Williams eulogizing his race or Aretha Franklin ?
That wasn't the only grandstanding I saw. The biggest racist had a front row seat and others had a chance to show their racism and bigotry. I wonder what Aretha Franklin had in mind and if she would have approved. Not for me to say. I only wonder.
I thought it generally in poor taste what some had to say and what others wore and the way they acted. Others were more respectable so I suppose there was something for everyone. Maybe that was the goal or idea. Some were celebrating her life and others were celebrating their own life.
Al Sharpton did his bit of disgusting political bloviating in the usual self-serving mockery of decency.
You know something's wrong when a bigot,racist,antisemite Farrakhan is invited.
As for Sharpton, even someone with a 70 IQ knows what will happen when he's allowed near a microphone...

Old 09-01-2018, 10:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
He probably says something similar in church every Sunday morning.

I got no problem with Minister Farrakhan or him being there. Used to watch him all the time when we were in St Louis. He never said anything that offended me. But then, neither did Jeremiah Wright.
Wow, now that's a scary and telling admission...

Old 09-01-2018, 11:10 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yet another post where some liberal fanatic says "Why is it that...." followed by some lie about conservatives.

These people need to make up some new lines.
no way, they'll ride that sad horse into the ground every time.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:14 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
"“It amazes me how it is when the police kills one of us, we are ready to protest, march destroy innocent property. We’re ready to loot, steal, whatever we want. But when we kill 100 of us, nobody says anything. Nobody does anything,” Williams said."

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/31/j...n-black-crime/

Old 09-01-2018, 11:36 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Conservatives love when a black person paints all black people in a negative light. Why is that?
Really? That's all you got from this man's remarks? A negative message? SMH. Here's a question: Why is it whenever a black person tries to be honest and address problems within the black community, liberals get angry and upset? No worries, I can actually answer that one for you. Because liberals are perfectly happy with the way things are now in most black communities. The worst thing that could happen for Democrats and liberals in general would be for black people to stop accepting lefty handouts and fake sympathy/empathy, and start truly coming together again. So of course, the solution of the left is to continue the false narrative, bashing conservatives as the "bad guys" while simultaneously supporting the party who wants nothing more than to keep them on the bottom, scrapping by and throwing their votes to the Dems because they are the party that "cares" about them and their problems. Give me a break. Many, many black Americans are waking up and seeing this for themselves, and that scares liberals to death. Mainly because if they lose the black vote, the Democrat party is done.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:43 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
What was Bill Clinton ding there, other than perving around and drooling over Ariana Grande.
They don't call him slick willie for nothing.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p.../18/bill1a.jpg

My guess is Hillary had already found the bar.

-----------------

In regards to the OP, it's true. But I feel for the person who said it because they will go after him for saying it.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Right. Black folks are poor because they're giving all their money to evangelists. Did you write that with a straight face?

No group of people can possibly succeed or survive beyond miserable subsistence when the illegitimacy rate is 75%. That number will almost certainly hit 90% in my lifetime, which is just about the most devastating single statistic of which I'm familiar. It almost defies belief. The implications for children, particularly boys, is staggering. The corresponding economic implications are similarly staggering when you have near-universal single parenthood.

Your comments on religion are a classic example of you having a belief system and then projecting that prism upon current sociological trends and the past, rather than looking objectively at them. The idea that religion is impoverishing black folks and making them have kids out of wedlock and committing crimes in massively disproportionate numbers is silly.
The church has robbed the black community of at least 420 billion dollars over 30 years. Chew on that bone.

The church is the scourge of the black community. It’s the bloodsucker of the race. It needs to be gone, and I’m gonna continue to do my part to spread the word about its evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies