Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 02:37 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
IMO it WAS inappropriate. Their relationship was a working one and it had nothing to do with work. Not to mention that she was the contractor and I assume his superior. What would a male at work think if a female started telling him how nice his hair and yes are?
Honestly, he would probably enjoy it...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 02:54 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
IMO it WAS inappropriate. Their relationship was a working one and it had nothing to do with work. Not to mention that she was the contractor and I assume his superior. What would a male at work think if a female started telling him how nice his hair and yes are?
They happened to be peers, but whatever. It's not something I would have done personally. The lady was pretty though

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Honestly, he would probably enjoy it...lol.
Probably. Guys have different ways of viewing the world in somje ways.

Old 05-10-2020, 02:56 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ive said this before in another thread: if you respect women this #metoo movement shouldn't affect you. Its men that are overly aggressive with their unwanted inappropriate behavior and comments laced with sexual innuendos that should be worried.

The main reason why men dont hit on women is because they lack confidence, not because of the #meetoo movement.
Agreed, men who are successful with women will not be affected much.

A confident man knows how to approach a potential partner, but he also knows how to back off if the interest is not reciprocated.

Old 05-10-2020, 02:59 PM

374 posts, read 146,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
This isn't to be mean, just realistic and I've heard it from some women cause they were wondering why. They were curious why guys weren't hitting on them anymore. Well, the "Me too" movement doesn't help. Don't get me wrong, a lot of men did things that were inappropriate and they used a position of power to their advantage, and in no way do I support that. At the same time, I can say many guys (normal good guys) are scared to approach women and give them any impression they are interested. So from my perspective the entire dating/approach spectrum has changed whether women want to admit it or not. From now on, many guys will not be aggressive or appear interested at all. So if you are insecure and don't get hit on, this could be a viable option.
What a load of BS.

If a guy has good intentions, no reasonable woman is going to shun him. COP. OUT.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:01 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerditaPanthera View Post
What a load of BS.

If a guy has good intentions, no reasonable woman is going to shun him. COP. OUT.
I’ll have to disagree, plenty of people shun potential partners all the time for any reason. Most people are not romantically compatible. However, only an idiot would then do something legally questionable as a result of being shunned by a romantic interest.

Old 05-10-2020, 05:40 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
Quote:
Let's be honest here. If two guys, one she was attracted to, gave that same compliment to her, she would love it coming from the guy she's attracted to. But she would deem to inappropriate from the guy she wasn't attracted to, but at the same time love it because it feeds her need for an attention fix. Females need attention like a heroin addict needs heroin.

Old 05-10-2020, 05:45 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Maybe I can pull this one back on the rails...

The question I'm asking is where do we draw the line between flirtation (possibly undesired) and harassment.

What are the hard and fast rules?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Anybody who makes any sexual advances at work had better have pretty good judgement.

Anybody who doesn't have rock solid judgement should not poach at work.

Doesn't really answer my question, does it?

Old 05-10-2020, 05:49 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
because i dont want to get sued, I wont even make eye contact anymore. just saying good morning can get you fired

Old 05-10-2020, 05:51 PM

208 posts, read 81,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because i dont want to get sued, I wont even make eye contact anymore. just saying good morning can get you fired

This is a good plan of action. The feminist gangs won't have any ammunition against men and will have to start suing each other.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:31 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree with you, but that's where we`re at. All it takes is some woman not appreciating a man commenting on her appearance and it's an HR nightmare. A woman has every right to be upset about a man commenting about her physical looks.

It's the opposite of the Nike ads, just don't do it.
I think maybe because women in the workplace want to be recognized for their job, not their looks. Goes back to the only worth of a woman is her looks and dismissing their work performance.

I mean do you go up to your male peers at work and comment on how shinny their hair is or tell them that shirt looks good on them, or is it job related like you did a good job on that report, etc.

IDK, that kind of thing doesn't bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies