Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 04:44 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. I guess I am too, older. Things were different back then and I'm sure this guy didnt think anything about what he said as being inappropriate. Just like most women my age are not offended by such polite complements, it was just normal back in the day.
The guy worked for the same company at some point as I did. I no longer work there. I know that companies polices and every year, for about the last 7 or 8 years I was there they'd send us all for workplace hostility and sexual harassment training.

This new company I'm with, same deal, got to go through that type of training every calendar year. Most of the times it's just web based vids with some quizzes to test your knowledge. Most of this is all done to cover their asses in case employee complaints and lawsuits and the like. The lawyers and legal department is probably pushing all of this stuff.

Like I said, he really should have known better. He was nice about it, wasn't creepy, but my rear end puckered up pretty quick at the time I heard it and I just acted like I didn't hear it. LOL.

Just don't do it, like I said, just cover your rear and don't take the chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 05:00 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,527,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
This isn't to be mean, just realistic and I've heard it from some women cause they were wondering why. They were curious why guys weren't hitting on them anymore. Well, the "Me too" movement doesn't help. Don't get me wrong, a lot of men did things that were inappropriate and they used a position of power to their advantage, and in no way do I support that. At the same time, I can say many guys (normal good guys) are scared to approach women and give them any impression they are interested. So from my perspective the entire dating/approach spectrum has changed whether women want to admit it or not. From now on, many guys will not be aggressive or appear interested at all. So if you are insecure and don't get hit on, this could be a viable option.
Online dating will flourish as a result. People doing online understand why they're on it. I suspect bars and clubs aren't a pickup spot anymore. Even grocery stores might see a decline of being hit on.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:14 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Online dating will flourish as a result. People doing online understand why they're on it. I suspect bars and clubs aren't a pickup spot anymore. Even grocery stores might see a decline of being hit on.
Thats where it is going or gone. Just a result of technology. The single young guys at work, and girls too, seem to use dating apps exclusively. I guess one gets poked now instead of hit on.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:41 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,571,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Let's be honest here. If two guys, one she was attracted to, gave that same compliment to her, she would love it coming from the guy she's attracted to. But she would deem to inappropriate from the guy she wasn't attracted to, but at the same time love it because it feeds her need for an attention fix. Females need attention like a heroin addict needs heroin.

This is assumption that gets men into trouble. Women do not want "attention" to their appearance by anyone, anytime, anywhere. They do, like men, appreciate attention for a job well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies