Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 10:05 AM

30,154 posts, read 11,783,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
How are you being forced to pretend? Please elaborate.

I am talking about mental health professionals and the doctors who perform these operations. I personally rarely come in contact with trangendered people and when I do I treat them like anyone else. Same thing with other people who have obvious psychological issues.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am talking about mental health professionals and the doctors who perform these operations. I personally rarely come in contact with trangendered people and when I do I treat them like anyone else. Same thing with other people who have obvious psychological issues.
That's all they ask.

I don't pretend to understand it either. But they are fellow human beings; I recognize that.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:13 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Men have male parts, women have female parts. What they feel is immaterial to biology. Putting fancy weird words to describe mental illness is stupid.
That isn’t always true. I’ve told this story many times, but we had a patient born with no gender. No ovaries, no testicles, no penis or vagina. Just a urethra. She identified as female, which is her right.

I also have a friend whose little baby girl was born with a penis.

I try not to get into other peoples personal business as long as they are minding their own. Bruce / Kaitlin Jenner gets on my nerves because he’s an attention *****. Those types of trans folk irritate me.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:18 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
I agree they do not deserve harassment and abuse, no one does. However instead of just telling them how heroic they are counseling, therapy and meds would be a better alternative. There are people who want to have limbs amputated and think that will give them happiness. Should we also just support them?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4094630/
I agree with this—and similar (kind, sensitive) thoughts expressed in this thread. I think transgenders are not getting the support and help they really need and deserve.

It’s not a popular liberal opinion, but—aside from obvious medical abnormalities—people aren’t born the wrong gender. In my extremely unpopular opinion, a lot of transgender people need help that they are not getting due to blind social acceptance. If I’m honest, it makes me damn sad.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:20 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Like any mentally ill person they should get help. But pretending they are not mentally ill is not helping them.
I agree. (I can accept the stones thrown at me.)

Old 09-01-2018, 10:25 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Suicide is a personal choice. Like I said, if they bring their insanity into the public venue, they must be prepared to deal with the consequences and make choices based on their reactions to those consequences.
Do you also post under the screen name of Cruella DeVille?

And really, confuse children as the purpose of either gender? You mean make them turn gay? What an anachronism you are.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:33 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So, yes. Suicide is fine with you.

Gotcha.

WWJD?
I don't subscribe to the notion of invisible sky friends.

Suicide is a choice. I worked five years on a psych unit and saw all kinds of mental illness up close. Some kinds are treatable, some are not. I'm a realist. Accommodation of insanity is never the answer, particularly by society at large. If the family wishes to do so, that's a private matter. There's a tranny at my daughter's school. I've told my girl to continue to refer to her (when necessary) by the name by which the girl was introduced initially and as "she" and "her" as needed. She has not suddenly "become" a boy. In discussing with school administration, I asked if on pool day this "boy" would be wearing swimwear appropriate to a male of that age. All I got in return was an angry stare.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:38 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Quote:
I worked five years on a psych unit and saw all kinds of mental illness up close.
What was the nature of your work?

Old 09-01-2018, 10:42 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Do you also post under the screen name of Cruella DeVille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
And really, confuse children as the purpose of either gender? You mean make them turn gay? What an anachronism you are.
Purpose? That's like asking what is the purpose of my eyes being blue. They just are and are neither changeable nor disputable. And who said gay? Children should learn the proper associations of gender. Blurring the lines to accommodate the crazy does not serve them (the children) well. Men in our culture do not wear dresses and makeup (outside of some theatrical purpose perhaps) and should be referred to by their proper addresses and pronouns of our common language. Period. If there's a problem, stay inside.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:46 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Quote:
Men in our culture do not wear dresses and makeup (outside of some theatrical purpose perhaps) and should be referred to by their proper addresses and pronouns of our common language. Period. If there's a problem, stay inside.
You say they don't, yet here we are discussing the fact that a lot of them do.

And of course we cater to mental illness. Haven't you ever talked with a family member or friend who's depressed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies