Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2018, 10:47 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
What was the nature of your work?
We called it an orderly. Now it might be referred to as a nursing assistant. Males were needed on the unit as patients sometimes became violent and needed control provided by having real males with real male strength available. I've tackled and fishnetted patients and can wrap your @ss into a strait jacket if need be. In return, I was stabbed and had ribs broken in such tussles. I worked there starting my junior year in HS through college. The night shift was a great time to study as 98% of the time it was quiet as a tomb.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
You say they don't, yet here we are discussing the fact that a lot of them do.
So you acknowledge that they remain men and are not women. Dudes in dresses, maybe, but still men.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:51 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So you acknowledge that they remain men and are not women. Dudes in dresses, maybe, but still men.
Of course. Got a penis you're a man. That doesn't mean you can't wear high heels and a cocktail dress if you want to though. It also doesn't mean I have to call you sir when you ask me to call you madame.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:57 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Do you honestly feel traswomen are women?

No.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Of course. Got a penis you're a man. That doesn't mean you can't wear high heels and a cocktail dress if you want to though. It also doesn't mean I have to call you sir when you ask me to call you madame.
And that doesn't mean that I have to accommodate you as a woman when you're clearly a guy in heels and a wig, or that I should be expected to be less than honest in my dealings with you or address you other than through proper use of our language just to satisfy the sickness resident between your ears.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:27 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why do some men spend a lot time thinking about trans women?

I think it's because they feel like they've been betrayed on a personal level by their own gender.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:29 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Quote:
And that doesn't mean that I have to accommodate you as a woman when you're clearly a guy in heels and a wig, or that I should be expected to be less than honest in my dealings with you or address you other than through proper use of our language just to satisfy the sickness resident between your ears.
Born male:

Old 09-01-2018, 11:32 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Quote:
Born male:

Old 09-01-2018, 11:37 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Physically, they'll always be spared from the monthly hell, pregnancy, childbirth, and lack of physical strength.

Other than the physical stuff that can't be brought on even by hormones though, they have to go through the same chit that ciswomen (non-trans women) do. They accept the deal that women are given, and they live it.

I'll never understand it. As a ciswoman myself, I always wish to be born a man in my next life, should I have to be reborn. It sucks being female, so if anyone willingly signs up for it, they're probably a better woman than I am.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:38 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Jenkins View Post
No it's mental illness
No it is definitely NOT mental illness! What the heck is wrong with just letting others live their lives no matter who or what they are. If someone feels trapped in a body and are unhappy & can change their situation and be happy we should be happy for them.
I don't care who someone chooses to love or their religion or their political preference. If they are kind and good people then their personal preference is their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies