Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 12:29 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I have changed the channel. Still don’t feel funerals should be televised live.

I wasn’t just talking about McCain’s funeral. There were some speakers at Aretha Franklin’s funeral who also went political.
So because you don’t like it no one should get to see it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 12:30 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
I didn't watch either one. I have no problem with them being televised if that's what the deceased wanted.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:30 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Televise all funerals, call it the death channel. Might as well televise executions too. Think of the ratings.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:43 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The war mongering McCain didn't deserve a state funeral if that is what he got.

Hopefully his body is in the ground now so Democrats and the MSM can move on to expressing hatred of Trump by some other method. We all know they don't give a damn about McCain otherwise.
Interment is tomorrow at USNA Annapolis.

I am an avowed trump-hater. But I voted for McCain TWICE. In a 2000 primary and for Senator when I lived in Arizona.

It is trump-lovers who express their hatred every day. And again, if the television is showing something you don't care to watch, it has an 'off' button.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
So what did you say about this when he was running against a democrat? Let's see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
You got that right! That's one of the major reasons a lotof democrats lost all respect for her and John McCain...her divisiveness on the campaign trail was inflammatory.
And there's a lot more of that were this came from. Thank you for proving what I said.

This fake praise is about Trump, not McCain.

Seriously? That anicent post that you dug up about Sarah Palin is not proof of anything other than reading comprehension is key to understanding written language. Hint: "a lot of democrats" does not mean all democrats."

P.S. That last rep point you got was a mistake, thanks to my dyslexia.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Seriously? That anicent post that you dug up about Sarah Palin is not proof of anything other than reading comprehension is key to understanding written language. Hint: "a lot of democrats" does not mean all democrats."
Too late to get indignant now over your own words.
You fault others for doing exactly what you did.
Like I said, this fake praise for McCain is about hating Trump. We all know it and your post history proves it.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:51 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Like I said, this fake praise for McCain is about hating Trump. We all know it and your post history proves it.

If I wrote what your posting history proves it would get removed from the board...

Old 09-01-2018, 01:07 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Am I the only one who feels funerals should not be televised live? I don’t like to go to funerals for close friends and family so why would I want to watch a live telecast of a funeral for someone I have no personal connection to? I agree that because of the celebrity or political status of certain individuals those people’s funerals are news worthy material and filming the funeral is warranted. I just don’t feel right about live telecast of funerals.

What bothers me most about this are the speakers who have used this as an opportunity for personal grandstanding to make political statements. Funerals are for the surviving friends and family to honor and remember those who’ve passed away and give them a chance to comfort one another. It should not be a time for individuals to get on their soap box and make social or political statements.
A funeral is for the comfort of the surviving family and other close people and it is their decision to formulate a plan and service that honors and respects and reflects the life of their loved one.

If that person is of some celebrity and the family and media believe that others may want to share in any tribute then there should be no insult to anyone who decides not to watch. Eulogies often reflect the positive and virtuous attributes and character of the deceased and more often than not mention is made of any life long passions and zeal for life. Funerals often are seen as a celebration of life.

In today's case ( as that seems to be what is bothering you) it would have been very odd for no mention of service to country and politics relative to the past and the current climate of our country, since John McCain spent a lifetime in that arena. Eulogists are usually selected by the request of the individual before passing or by the family. They certainly know what the topics and tone will be.

A decision to view or not is personal. Good thing we have remotes and on/off switches.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:10 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
I wonder why there is not a campaign to cure brain cancer out of McCain's death, instead.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:11 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
You nailed it! Indeed their hate is now the fake love for a man they never voted for when they had their chance!

Stupid enough, the McCains believe the turn out is for their dad but is just the establishment who shows their hate for Trump and a few people who have to be there for the “show” and can’t stay away.

What a facade!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies