Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 06:22 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,526,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
McCain married into money the second time around. Somebody had to take care of his ex.
Again your information is wrong but we are use to that by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 07:35 AM

12,946 posts, read 9,574,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Totally wrong - I'm a Democrat and am disgusted not only with the publicity but with the overall coverage. The media completely disregarded Bridget McCain whom they adopted and kept referring to Meghan as the youngest - because she's the one that said America was always great.

America is great but not as great as it was 15-20 yrs ago when there wasn't as much racial divide, before PC came into being, when Democrats actually were the party of the working class man.

People always want to put the blame on Republicans - there are plenty of Democrats that are discussed with the way things are today and that's exactly why Trump won. You forgot about us then and you didn't learn as you continue to ignore us now.
So what, where is all this outrage outside of this forum? I'm still waiting to see it.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:49 AM

23,535 posts, read 13,752,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Lots of people came together to honor John McCain. Obama. Bush Clinton. Cheney. Gore.

But no trump. THAT is the kind of low life idiot that did not honor John McCain. Any veteran who votes for President Brainless is a hypocrite and a traitor.

That is one opinion, Sir or Ma'am; it does not happen to be mine.

Now, as to the thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
It used to be that we came together, ignored our differences, honored somebody who passed, comforted the family and friends, and shared our loss together. At least for one day.

Now, it's become acceptable by the news media to exclude people you don't like (even your presidential running mate) or to use the podium to bash your political opponents and expose your hateful heart.

What ever happened to respect for the dead?

What kind of low life idiots can't respect the person they came to honor and spend a few minutes of their time NOT bashing their political opponents?

https://ijr.com/2018/08/1120410-aret...harpton-trump/

it reminds me of two productions. In, I think, "A Man Could Get Killed", James Garner's character is told that for a spy, everyone goes to his funeral; otherwise, they would be suspected of the one who did him in. The other one is the McCloud episode "A little plot at Tranquil Valley" where our hero hides from the bad guys by attending a funeral to which one of the other guests looks at him and says, "He owed you money, too, huh?".

Long story short, it seems like everyone has their own agenda and in this particular case, I would say it is because ........................

..............................there was a lot of free press, they knew the world was watching, and they would not miss the chance to speak their agenda.

If one wants respect for the dead, can the press.

Personally, I don't watch, even if I could, celebrity or State funerals. That's their affair....not mine.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:08 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,023,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Again your information is wrong but we are use to that by now.
I don't know about the "taking care of his ex" part, but Cindy McCain is an heiress and extremely wealthy. What is "wrong" about that information?

Old 09-03-2018, 12:12 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,619,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Has no one read The Iliad?
Nor "Julius Caesar" apparently.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:15 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,023,485 times
Quote:
None of that is true and you need to provide a link that says other wise.
It IS true---get your head out of the sand:

"According to the Washington Post, John and Cindy obtained a marriage license in Arizona in early March 1980, four weeks before his divorce from Carol was final. They married six weeks later, on May 17.
In one of her few public comments about the marriage, Carol tells the filmmakers that her then-husband’s introduction to Cindy “was about the time our marriage was falling apart.”
“He was looking for a way to be young again, and that was the end of that,” she also says. “I didn’t know anything about it, I had no idea what was going on, I was pretty much blindsided and it broke my heart.”"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....s-divorce/amp/

Old 09-03-2018, 12:15 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,619,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Why is there a gun pointed at her in the photo?
Someone's idea of patriotism.

"On Thursday, Domenech, who is a conservative writer and contributor to CBS News, tweeted the screengrab of the doctored image of a gun pointed at Meghan McCain as she approached her father John McCain's casket. The original poster had written "America, this ones for you," according to the Arizona Republic."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-dom...atening-tweet/

Old 09-03-2018, 12:33 PM

11,593 posts, read 5,642,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
So what, where is all this outrage outside of this forum? I'm still waiting to see it.
You're not going to see it until the elections - just like the last one. That is when Democrats will be using their vote as their voice. They are sick and tired of arguing with lefties as their votes prove.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:21 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,652,334 times
Quote:
.........you have to ask the republicans that question.
Which republicans spoke at the funeral and talked politics?

Is this one?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/04/pasto...trage-7911365/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies