Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 04:28 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,479,246 times

Advertisements

I find it strange that the same people who are outraged at this have no issue with boiling crabs or Lobster alive or catching fish and gutting them while alive. And are you outraged at the slaughter of the millions of cattle and chickens every day. There have been numerous secret videos of cows and chickens butchered alive and mistreated beyond words but not a word about that from these outraged people. I guess because it was by an evil Muslim, that make sit much worse so save your hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 04:37 PM

15,755 posts, read 7,562,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Nope is has to do with Islam and the prophet and it is called halal slaughter.

Islamic Method Of Slaughtering
an opinion piece
Islam's forgotten animal welfare tradition
Dhabihah
I guess its the closest way for an animal to die of natural causes, without waiting for the animal to die of natural causes. However, if they were skinning an animal alive, as in causing torture ... they can not consume the meat, as that would be against their religion, or so it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It is not just Islamic. Or you saying it's not Islamic at all?

It's why many people also protest the Korean Dog meat festival. Because they torture - believing that the meat is made better.

So, no, I don't approve no matter who it is. It's disgusting.
In this case it does have to do with Islam and halal meat. And I thought halal was some type of seasoning. So I learned something (by reading those three articles) new today. In Asian countries they have their own reasons for doing what they do.

Do I approve of it. No, but I understand it a bit more. I understand why some of them would become vegetarians. Some people when they visit a slaughter house in the u.s. never eat meat again. I have never been to one myself, but I understand, why they would make that choice.

Something else I don't approve of is the starvation (anywhere) of the people in Yemen. Thousands of people die because they haven't food to eat. Have you seen the pictures of those people. It's sad. It's heart breaking. No one will help them. And that ... is not their choice and something I don't think I will ever understand.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not thrilled about skinning a cow alive either. However, if said persons are going to eat that cow, then I'll hold my peace on this. I do feel that if these weren't Muslims doing this, this wouldn't be a thread, or not this kind of thread.
If it weren't muslims doing it, PETA, local authorities and sundry other liberals would be up in arms.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I find it strange that the same people who are outraged at this have no issue with boiling crabs or Lobster alive or catching fish and gutting them while alive. And are you outraged at the slaughter of the millions of cattle and chickens every day. There have been numerous secret videos of cows and chickens butchered alive and mistreated beyond words but not a word about that from these outraged people. I guess because it was by an evil Muslim, that make sit much worse so save your hypocrisy.
Lobsters, fish and lower order animals most likely don't feel pain and lack awareness.

Unintended mistakes in slaughter happen or sometimes intentional animal cruelty happens, but no supports that until members of a foreign culture do it even intentionally. Odd.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:45 PM

15,755 posts, read 7,562,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If it weren't muslims doing it, PETA, local authorities and sundry other liberals would be up in arms.
The op is a misnomer.

PETA's web site:

The Cruelty Behind Muslim Ritual Slaughter
Quote:
Belgium forbids slaughter without prior stunning, but the law does not apply to ritual slaughter practices, even though much of the halal meat produced in the country is distributed both to religious and nonreligious markets. Islamic teachings encourage kindness and compassion toward all creatures, which is why many Muslims make the humane decision to go vegan. Visit IslamicConcern.com to learn more about cruelty-free alternatives to halal meat.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:48 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
If it were not Muslims doing this, I would not be up in arms. I don't care who is doing it. I am not the one making this about Muslims. The OP is.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:51 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Another failed post

Police lying.

Ive seen the video. Cows head moving and you can clearly see it blinking
It's obvious to me that many posting on here have never been to a real slaughterhouse. Nor have they witnessed the processing of poultry. There's nothing humane about hoping the chicken you're about to cut the neck open and has supposed to have it's beak drawn across an electrified basket beforehand to stun it didn't co-operate and lifted it's head just as it crossed the basket, about one in every five would do that in the old days when I was a kid making a nickel a chicken I chased down and brought to the conveyor chain.

You haven't lived until you watch the primary staff at a slaughterhouse prod the dickens out of animals that have barely survived the transport to the facility and have had to be winched through the corral to the shot room. They used to use an eight lb short handle sledge to stun them but now it's done with a pneumatic pressure driven spike (No Country For Old Men movie device) through the forehead into the brain. Most die instantly, some don't and are still "blinking" while hung and bled out. Same deal with pigs and old horses rendered for mink and pet feed.

Here ya go all you faux-outraged folks. There are literally hundreds of these clandestine movies out there proving that the slaughtering of animals in North America is anything but a humane practice and that downer cattle have made it into the food chain in the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NqRSmq7TVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa67zjSkQk0

Yeah this is confined to only those awful muzzies.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:52 PM

25,803 posts, read 16,451,635 times
I didn’t realize Muslims did this sort of thing. Disturbing.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If it were not Muslims doing this, I would not be up in arms. I don't care who is doing it. I am not the one making this about Muslims. The OP is.
So you don't care about animal cruelty or what? If muslims did what was alleged then they made it about muslims.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:54 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
So you don't care about animal cruelty or what? If muslims did what was alleged then they made it about muslims.
I would not skin a cow alive. However, I am far more likely to be up in arms if this was done to a human being. I am far more likely to be up in arms about what people do to other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies