Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 08:46 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

As a country we crave cooperation, humor, and leadership.
Something we haven't truly seen since Reagan.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:49 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why do you need links. Do you not follow the news.
I'm not the poster you are referring to but I'll answer. Yes, I watch the news. There is nothing on there saying that Trump is corrupt.

Now you may mean the fake MSM which is always trying to come up with some new accusation against Trump. I quit watching them a long time ago.

They haven't proved one thing showing Trump to be corrupt.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:52 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Yes, that was the result of Lindsey Graham asking Cindy McCain if they could attend. This is the first time I can recall Linsey Graham doing something I like, feels kinda weird. However, I think Ivanka and Jared probably felt about as welcome as turds in a punchbowl, brave souls indeed, penetrating the murky swamp that way. It's a stormy night tonight, I can tell they are about to put John McCain in the ground, will the earth tremor ? I'm taking the pictures off the wall just in case.

Yes, whomever mentioned Aretha Franklin's extended funeral, that was a bit much when they changed her clothes multiple times, and she died like 2 weeks ago. They should either put them in the ground or cremate them within 5 days, IMO. This ain't Russia, all the Hopey Changey in the world ain't gonna bring her back, and I can see Russia with a mirror & telescope so I know what I'm talking about. It's up there next to Alaska where the mama grizzly's run wild and free.

I too find it oDD that John Kerry has become invisible for this event, surprised he did not attend or seek any publicity from this McCain bonanza.

I wonder what the bill was for McCain's funeral? As executor of the estate, Keating is really going to have his hands full with this one. Could be a suit case full of trouble for him, he better be careful this time.
John Kerry was present. ABC showed him among the other attendees leaving the cathedral after the service. He kept a low profile and other than being a funeral guest did not participate in the service.

In accordance with his wishes, John McCain will be buried at the Naval Academy in Annapolis tomorrow after a brief private service for family only.

No point in addressing your other comments.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:53 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That made me think: What could you possibly say that is positive about Donald Trump? What has this man done for other human beings in his lifetime that could be spoken about at length as benefiting humanity in any way?
I am probably wasting my time replying since you can't acknowledge anything positive about President Trump, however:

His stewardship of the economy has resulted in record low unemployment. Business investments and developments are up.

Helped revitalize NYC.

Has pretty much obliterated ISIS.

Is working towards the denuclearization of North Korea.

Is working towards securing the border, which helps restore the rule of law, and decreases drug and sex trafficking. Similarly, is working towards eliminating MS-13.

He has personally donated money to individuals who were struggling. For example, he sent Sargeant Tamarossi $25, 000 to help him after he was finally released from a prison in Mexico.

There is plenty more if you want to look.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I'm not the poster you are referring to but I'll answer. Yes, I watch the news. There is nothing on there saying that Trump is corrupt.

Now you may mean the fake MSM which is always trying to come up with some new accusation against Trump. I quit watching them a long time ago.

They haven't proved one thing showing Trump to be corrupt.

Um, how do you know, since you no longer watch them?

Old 09-01-2018, 08:58 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Most people don't know it but Trump is building his own Egyptian style pyramid in Manhattan.

Its rumor but,
its said as a last poke in the eye to the anti-Trumpers, he taking his tax returns with him.
It won't poke anyone in the eye but himself. The flabby Pharaoh wanna be.

No one is impressed by his meat handed attempts at "class". Pure pretentious bravado.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:59 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,927 times
ahh...McCain is now having a meeting with the 134 men that died on the USS Forrestal......

Old 09-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BUT talking out of one's A$$ only makes an A$$ of themselves.. and certainly I have no need to calm down.. After 48 years dealing with trauma's/front line chaos .. I don't GET upset ( but get focused).. But sure do know when someone posts C@PPo$$A! when I read it!

So your attempt to C@$m down comment is actually indicating you agree with BS posted to whomI was responding to!! Says more about you than me. No one says calm down unless they have no answer to the comment made.... Enough said!! You grow up BTW.. Emotional times back in the '60's which I doubt you experienced.. Wait till you experience such things personally.. YOU may GROW up too late to appreciate wisdom's learned by elders!! Too Bad

So many uneducated and those who care less about history ( including the president POTU tainting the WH office presently) .. who posters/bloggers/tweeter's claim BS historical facts as truth.. and the real TRUTH and FAKE.. kinda of tells how far down the road Trolls and Blind Cultists that repeat it Make's me WORRY about USA/North America/Democratic Countries.. Putin sure has accomplished a "coup d'é·tat" temporarily by buying DJT's presidency!!

Clam down LOL.. Your response speaks to the topic as " WHO CARES" or WHY you CARE.. or Does it matter" ALL such thinking is based on lack of empathy and IGNORANCE!!

Have a good Labor Day Week-end.. unless and of course you aren't living in the North America!!
Since I'm the poster who first wrote what you term "BS" above, and to whose defense Shadowne very kindly came by asking you politely and concisely to calm down, I don't believe I'm out of line in noting that now you owe both me AND Shadowne apologies.

(If you had read my previous posts in the Politics thread, you'd know that I am anything but a defender of Donald Trump and think he is unfit for the job).

Old 09-01-2018, 09:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Whenever Trumps fat arse goes it won’t be close to MCCains and you know that bothers Trump.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:04 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You come here and parrot talking points, not being able to explain what 'corruption' you are referring to. I haven't seen any proof of any corruption that the President has engaged in.
I didn't say Trump was corrupt although that remains to be seen. But the indictments keep piling up for his associates who were part of his team. Do you want me to name them and tell you what roll they played in white house. Actually, just look it up. I think it's quite telling that Trump praised Manafort for not breaking while throwing Cohen under the bus because he made a plea deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies