Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 07:47 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
You tell yourselves that this is what conservative women are about so that you can justify the fact that you detest them.
Interesting thread, I found myself repping a lot of comments - many that conflict one another. I think its probably many of these things.

I agree with 4dognight and I witness that behavior frequently.

But WOW!!!! Chance and Change!? Seriously? Or were you sarcastic? A plague to wipe out Right Winger? You DO know how that sounds, I hope?

Thanks, Chance and Change....comments like yours - help indies like me, to leave the left completely off our ballots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 07:47 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
When Palin ran for Governor she was asked, "Are you offended by the phrase 'Under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?" Her response was:

"Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers [it's] good enough for me, and I'll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance."

You can't fix stupid.
And Obama said there were 57 states. Did that stupid get fixed? Palin had the highest approval ratings of any governor at the time she was chosen to be McCain's running mate before the leftist media and SNL were done making fun of her for where she came from. The fact that she wasn't an elitist and Harvard grad gave them all the fuel they needed to rip her apart, which also included mocking her marriage and her children.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:48 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And Obama said there were 57 states. Did that stupid get fixed? Palin had the highest approval ratings of any governor at the time she was chosen to be McCain's running mate before the leftist media and SNL were done making fun of her for where she came from. The fact that she wasn't an elitist and Harvard grad gave them all the fuel they needed to rip her apart.
You haven't been to all 57 states yet?

Old 09-02-2018, 07:49 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
this is seriously funny! Hoping for the death of half of Americans for "grace and dignity" and "regard for human equality". Raging TDS. Blind to the irony of their own words.

You can't make this up.
Thank you! I honestly thought this was satire.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:49 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
No, she made sure he got less votes than he might’ve gotten if she hadn’t been in the picture.

That said, no Republican could’ve beaten Obama in 2008. Bush’s presidency made sure of that.
Yep, with McCain's help. He backed those bad decisions Bush made. McCain had nobody but himself to blame for losing that run, even though he tried to pin it on Palin in the end. That's just how he rolled.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:51 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because she likes trump
Bingo!! We have a winner!!

Old 09-02-2018, 07:53 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,315,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
She was a bad mistake. Like Frankenstein's monster. McCain regretted it and pushed her aside long before his illness. She may have cost him the election. She morphed into a bizarre money-grubbing unhinged ex-candidate who had no accomplishments but was great at self-promotion.
maybe. but for a fact she brought a lot of baggage to the campaign that probably was not known when she was selected (e.g. pregnant teenage daughter, all that hunting eww, lack of 'seasoning' in the lower 48 political atmosphere, etc). IMO he wasn't happy with the choice and she MAY have helped or hurt his chances.

But in later years, I agree with brownbags and Tokinouta. Candidate Trump was a burr under McCain's saddle.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:54 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Yep, with McCain's help. He backed those bad decisions Bush made. McCain had nobody but himself to blame for losing that run, even though he tried to pin it on Palin in the end. That's just how he rolled.
McCain was a hopeless cause no matter who he picked for a running mate.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:56 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It doesn't matter - Sarah Palin went back home to Alaska and has attempted to rebuild her life.
She was the the Governor of Alaska and had the highest approval rating of any Governor in the USA when McCain asked her to run with him. She has been gracious, I've never heard her say a bad word about anyone in the McCain family. We should leave her alone -- finally. I don't think I will ever forget the Media sending hords of reporters to paw through her trash, hack her emails and then attempt to get the American public to "find" something ..... which they never did.

It doesn't matter why the McCain family is bitter - they just are. It's OVER.
Having the highest approval rating in a hick welfare state isn`t something to brag about. Anyway, it`s been a while since the Palin family had a backyard brawl so kudos to them.
https://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/polit...awl/index.html

Old 09-02-2018, 07:56 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And Obama said there were 57 states. Did that stupid get fixed? Palin had the highest approval ratings of any governor at the time she was chosen to be McCain's running mate before the leftist media and SNL were done making fun of her for where she came from. The fact that she wasn't an elitist and Harvard grad gave them all the fuel they needed to rip her apart, which also included mocking her marriage and her children.
His very intelligent speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies