Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 01:00 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

I'd doubt you'll find many people from Trump's generation who never used that word. It was extremely common even in my childhood in the early 70s. It wasn't right, but it was what it was.

And you know something? When whatever trait you want to discuss is so completely common and embedded in a society, you really can't condemn an individual who grew up in that society if he or she falls prey to that trait or even gives a second thought as to whether it is good or bad. It takes a thinker to do that. Most people in society simply follow. It takes a long, long time to change a society's ways. Look how many years it took the US to outlaw slavery--years of bickering, pontificating on both sides, politics, books, legal maneuvering, violence, and finally a bloody war. Old habits die hard. And what is acknowledged as a societal taboo today can't be assumed to have been a taboo yesteryear. Same applies the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 01:06 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'd doubt you'll find many people from Trump's generation who never used that word. It was extremely common even in my childhood in the early 70s. It wasn't right, but it was what it was.

And you know something? When whatever trait you want to discuss is so completely common and embedded in a society, you really can't condemn an individual who grew up in that society if he or she falls prey to that trait or even give a second thought as to whether it is good or bad. It takes a thinker to do that. Most people in society simply follow. It takes a long, long time to change a society's ways. Look how many years it took the US to outlaw slavery--years of bickering, pontificating on both sides, politics, books, legal maneuvering, violence, and finally a bloody war. Old habits die hard. And what is acknowledged as a societal taboo today can't be assumed to have been a taboo yesteryear. Same applies the other way around.
Yeah. So, the non old white man with the Price Is Right model wife , Desantis, gets a pass for encouraging the Florida old white man populace to vote for him because he s also white?
It only takes a long long time to change bad behavior to good because those dragging their feet don't really believe it was bad. And that road to hell is paved with their excuses.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:13 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Democrats controlling Chicago is working fine....either you are on a crack pipe or got hit too many times with a baseball bat.
Yes. What part of that are you having trouble understanding?

Quote:
this is from a Democrat that supports the long history of the Democrat party talking about racism......like I say, that Chicago crack is pretty strong!!!
You can talk about "history" all you want, but the current events are that the avowed ave proven racists in America are receiving support from Republican voters and winning office. Republicans have elected multiple people who identify with or support Nazi philosophies THIS YEAR! That's not even counting the racist in chief who has seen no change in his support from his deplorables.

Quote:
from the party of slavery, Jim Crow, identity politics and reverse racism and racial quotas lecturing the Republicans about racism....LMAO!!

Comeback when you are sober!!!
Odd how the party of Jim Crow was the party of the Confederacy, institutionalized racism, and state's rights too. I wonder where all those pro-Jim Crow supporters are considering Republicans are the preferred party of the Klan and Confederacy supporters?

Old 09-02-2018, 01:17 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Another day, another piece of evidence that the GOP is the American hotbed of people who are okay with racists in power.

Republicans can't dismiss this anymore or try to derail the conversation by pointing to Democrats from 80+ years ago.

The GOP argument has always been that the racists are outliers who could never advance up the party and would never have the support of the Republican base, so minority views about the GOP are unfounded....

Too bad Trump has thrown that argument into the mud with his own vile history which the Republican base have actually accepted and defended. So much for minority fears being unfounded.

So, with this obvious lie being put to bed, is it time for Republican voters to just accept that the gut feeling that minority voters have had for the GOP has been right all along? Is it time for Republicans to accept that the overwhelming support for Democrats from Black and Brown voters is due to not wanting to support the modern pro-racism platform that the GOP?

Let's accept facts, that at the moment when Republicans could have put to bed the idea that they are a party that shares philosophical branch who share

Just because you're a child molester, does that make all Democrats child molesters?

Old 09-02-2018, 01:19 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Just because you're a child molester, does that make all Democrats child molesters?
When they start pardoning others for child molesting, yes.
To confirm your point regarding guilty by association aka birds of a feather...

Old 09-02-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

And you know something? When whatever trait you want to discuss is so completely common and embedded in a society, you really can't condemn an individual who grew up in that society if he or she falls prey to that trait or even gives a second thought as to whether it is good or bad. It takes a thinker to do that. Most people in society simply follow. It takes a long, long time to change a society's ways. Look how many years it took the US to outlaw slavery--years of bickering, pontificating on both sides, politics, books, legal maneuvering, violence, and finally a bloody war. Old habits die hard. And what is acknowledged as a societal taboo today can't be assumed to have been a taboo yesteryear. Same applies the other way around.
Sorry but I'm gonna hold the POTUS to a different standard than I'd use to dismiss the casual racism of a baker in rural AL. And if that's your defense for voters supporting racism, then just make peace with the fact that it was always accurate to describe the modern Republican party as tolerant and welcoming to America's racists.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:22 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
When they start pardoning others for child molesting, yes.
To confirm your point regarding guilty by association aka birds of a feather...

As a fellow child molester, your opinion is worthless.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Did Democrats suddenly find child molestation an acceptable trait in their leaders? If they did, I would agree that child molestation was something democrats support. I'd also never vote for a Democrat again if that was the path my party went down. What about you? Would you turn your back on your party of they openly accepted mortally reprehensible positions or would you find ways to dismiss/justify that pivot?

Old 09-02-2018, 01:29 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Another day, another piece of evidence that the GOP is the American hotbed of people who are okay with racists in power.

Republicans can't dismiss this anymore or try to derail the conversation by pointing to Democrats from 80+ years ago.

The GOP argument has always been that the racists are outliers who could never advance up the party and would never have the support of the Republican base, so minority views about the GOP are unfounded....

Too bad Trump has thrown that argument into the mud with his own vile history which the Republican base have actually accepted and defended. So much for minority fears being unfounded.

So, with this obvious lie being put to bed, is it time for Republican voters to just accept that the gut feeling that minority voters have had for the GOP has been right all along? Is it time for Republicans to accept that the overwhelming support for Democrats from Black and Brown voters is due to not wanting to support the modern pro-racism platform that the GOP?

Let's accept facts, that at the moment when Republicans could have put to bed the idea that they are a party that shares philosophical branch who share
Trump was probably singing along with some rapper music.

So if a guy uses medical terminology and says, oophorectomy, it must mean he is a doctor.

So if he utters the selectively banned word he is a racist.

Threshold set too low for being charged a racist and does a disservice to anyone who fought for racial equality. Dems are just saying that kind of shiff to plant the thought, in their effort to create a reality that has no basis in fact. Called propaganda.

Racist is allowing chicago to vie with mexico for generating the most killed in a weekend. * after years under Obama's right hand man in Obama 'home town'. The poor kid who attended Obama inauguration and was later killed in a crossfire wasn't enough to prompt Emanuel or Obama to take effective action. Now that is institutional racism!

Old 09-02-2018, 01:34 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yeah. So, the non old white man with the Price Is Right model wife , Desantis, gets a pass for encouraging the Florida old white man populace to vote for him because he s also white?
Can you provide the quote of Desantis saying, "Vote for me 'cause I'm white"?

I don't think you can. Perhaps you are having false memory syndrome. And it also sound like you are engaging in exactly the kind of behavior your comrades say they are so against. You seem to be displaying more than just a little bit of prejudice toward "old white men." So your hatred is directed toward older folks and whites and men. All three, eh?

Now I'm sure you don't interpret your words as any "-isms" or prejudice at all, do you? But let me ask you this: if I were to say the following, would you interpret it as my "hate" for the three categories I mention?

"... gets a pass for encouraging the Florida old black woman populace to vote for him because he's also black?"

If you find that any more offensive than you found your own words, I would be forced to call that hypocritical, plain and simple, wouldn't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies