Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:44 AM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
They got a spanking. So what? Worse probably happens in the bathhouses there, and they pay for that.
Big diff between a spanking and canning.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:48 AM

37,187 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
This post is spot on.

The actions in Malaysia are unacceptable. I don't expect Trump to export GLBT rights; I agree that that is not for the government to do. However, on a personal level, I won't give one penny to that country and would never visit the nation as a sign of protest.

Islam is the most regressive belief system on the planet. The Left plays footsies with the most regressive people on the planet.
Hardly.

The Muslims in this story are Islamic Fundamentalists practicing Sharia Law. The vast majority of Muslims are not like this, in my experience and among my friends. You have as many "Christians" who are American citizens who would love to be able to impose their religion on the populace in the form of law.

All fundamentalists are unbalanced and dangerous, regardless of the belief system they follow.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:51 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I don't understand why you keep saying the left loves muslims. I'm as far left as you can imagine and sometimes I wish islam would go extinct. Same with christianity. I'm an equal opportunity religion hater.

Edit.

You're probably thinking of SJWs. I assure you they are neither liberal nor left. They're just crazies, martyrs without a cause.

if the left dislikes islam, then why are they constantly defending it? reality check here, to th elet in this country, christianity is the devil, and islam is the savior. and while there are those like you that want to destroy all religion, you are still in the minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Malaysia has a dual justice system. This sentence was handed down by a Sharia court. Superb advertisment against religion playing any part in government.

Since the U.S. is not under Shariah Law, and because of our laws it could never become the law here, we are safe from people being punished because they are gay. You might as well punish them because they are male or female, or because of where they are born, or because of their race. These are all characteristics they had at birth.

As long as church and state are separate, we have no worries here, and will never be at the mercy of religious barbarians such as those in Malaysia.

your post is full of crap. you think that just because we have a constitution that guarantees freedom of religion, among other things, that we wont be dealing with sharia law. well open your mind and buckle my friend, all it takes is a few idiots judges that think our courts should be considering laws in place outside the US to rule in that manner, and viola we have sharia law in this country on a limited basis.

open your eyes my friend and look around you, the constitution is under attack from many angles. we have some attacking the second amendment, some attacking the first, fourth, fifth, sixth, thirteenth, and fourteenth amendments. our freedoms are constantly being eroded by activist judges, cops, legislators and other elected officials.

we have cops on the street making up laws as they go, and ignoring the constitution, we have judges in the courtrooms ignoring the constitution, we have elected officials ignoring the constitution. we have corruption in government across the land. we have activist groups attacking the good in this country, while supporting the evil.

no my friend we cannot be complacent in this country. we have to be constantly vigilant if we wish to keep our rights as intact as possible. we have to stand up for our rights, and exercise them regularly.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-03-2018 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 09-03-2018, 09:10 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
The world would be a better place if Islam were eradicated altogether.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:10 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Quote:
Hardly.

The Muslims in this story are Islamic Fundamentalists practicing Sharia Law. The vast majority of Muslims are not like this, in my experience and among my friends. You have as many "Christians" who are American citizens who would love to be able to impose their religion on the populace in the form of law.

All fundamentalists are unbalanced and dangerous, regardless of the belief system they follow.
Have you ever bothered to study Islam? I have.

No, that is a false equivalence. Christians may not like gays, but few if any would harm gays.

You do know that Malaysia is considered a relatively modern and tolerant country right? THis is happening there.

Your anecdotal experience with Moslems is irrelevant and is wholly inapplicable to Moslems abroad.

A recent poll in Egypt found that 88% of them supported the death penalty (as is prescribed) for those leaving Islam.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0c21d31e3d3f

Spare me.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:12 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,426 times
Quote:
Hardly.

Do you think fundamentalist atheists would like to impose their belief that there is no God upon others?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:13 AM

I'm trying to think of a right-winger who accuses others of being "Islamophobic." Hmmmm...

Old 09-03-2018, 09:16 AM

1,261 posts, read 567,432 times
Quote:
Hardly.

Stop including Christians. Stop judging the love and forgiveness and beauty of Christ due to some so-called Christians who show bigotry and hatred and speak of themselves. Christianity does NOT have any political system unlike Islam. Even Christianity as a law is a beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Have you ever bothered to study Islam? I have.

No, that is a false equivalence. Christians may not like gays, but few if any would harm gays.

You do know that Malaysia is considered a relatively modern and tolerant country right? THis is happening there.

Your anecdotal experience with Moslems is irrelevant and is wholly inapplicable to Moslems abroad.

A recent poll in Egypt found that 88% of them supported the death penalty (as is prescribed) for those leaving Islam.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0c21d31e3d3f

Spare me.
Don't forget female genital mutilation. Professional prevaricator Reza Aslan claims this is merely a sub-Sharan practice, untied to Islam. As a point of fact, it is practiced by millions of Muslims outside of sub-Saharan Africa, in the Middle East and Asia.

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if the left dislikes islam, then why are they constantly defending it? reality check here, to th elet in this country, christianity is the devil, and islam is the savior. and while there are those like you that want to destroy all religion, you are still in the minority.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcu0Rsfi6I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies