Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:23 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,577,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nothing make me an expert, that is why I rely on people who have education and experience like Pompeo, Burns and experts at the state department and UN. I don't think someone who's life experience was managing real estate should be making decisions in the ME anymore than someone who trained horses should be in charge of FEMA. Just because he is the presidents son-in-law doesn't make him an expert on anything.

Trump claimed after he moved the embassy to Jerusalem that we were going to have a peace plan, is this it.

lol - so you got nothin'. Good to know.

(in case you are having trouble with this, your admitted ignorance and lack of qualifications means you are not qualified to judge someone else's qualifications....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 08:34 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Call me when Trump stops giving aid to Israel.

I'm 100% in favor of that too. It's not an all or nothing proposition to me though. Cutting aid to Pakistan and Palestine, regardless of Israel, is a good thing.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
You left out the US State Department and Mike Pompeo. Anyone that believes that cutting funds and destabilizing Palestine will result in peace is a novice, tell me what Kushner's background is that makes him an expert in the middle east.
How dare you? Real estate money launderer Kushner knows more than they about foreign policy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Call me when Trump stops giving aid to Israel.
Bingo. He won't. Because his evangelicals need Israel for the rapture.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:58 AM

57,252 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
lol - so you got nothin'. Good to know.

(in case you are having trouble with this, your admitted ignorance and lack of qualifications means you are not qualified to judge someone else's qualifications....)
True ignorance is putting faith in the ability of a real estate developer to make decisions in the ME. I wouldn’t call Pompeo opinion ignorant.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:10 AM

30,352 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
I guess cutting aid to the Palestinians is phase 2 in the Trump peace plan. Pompeo and the state department were overruled by Kushner, hard to believe that the opinion of the presidents son-in-law takes precedence over those with foreign affairs experience. They are attempting to use their leverage by withholding funds to refugee camps to get the Palestinians to remove their claim to Israeli occupied lands.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/31/w...refugees-.html
I am un-denouncing it...GoodDay.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:03 AM

57,252 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'm 100% in favor of that too. It's not an all or nothing proposition to me though. Cutting aid to Pakistan and Palestine, regardless of Israel, is a good thing.
Aid to countries like Pakistan that are nuclear powers by the way give us leverage on terrorism, a strong aid policy and state department are worth their weight. Which group do you think will benefit most from this action, its Hamas.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:28 AM

45,571 posts, read 27,164,944 times
Quote:
You left out the US State Department and Mike Pompeo. Anyone that believes that cutting funds and destabilizing Palestine will result in peace is a novice, tell me what Kushner's background is that makes him an expert in the middle east.
There were no details regarding Pompeo's arguments.

I'm OK cutting off all foreign giveaways, including Israel.

What happened to letting them figure it out for themselves and getting out their business?

Old 09-03-2018, 11:32 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
So those on the left are upset that US taxpayers are no longer funding Palestinian terrorism? Not exactly surprising is it? The left has been supporting the slaughter of Jews since the 1930s...

Old 09-03-2018, 11:50 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,726,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
By definition, over 90% of these so-called "refugees" are NOT refugees. The definition of a refugee is "a person who has left an area in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster".
The great majority of so-called "Palestinian refugees" never set foot in so-called "Palestine". They were born in Lebanon and other places. They never left "Palestine" so they can't possibly be a "Palestinian refugee". They should be citizens of their native country. Many of them are already Jordanian citizens.

LET THEM OUT OF THEIR CAGES!
There is no such thing as a "Palestinian". Palestine is a name made up by the KGB back in the days of the USSR.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
I guess cutting aid to the Palestinians is phase 2 in the Trump peace plan. Pompeo and the state department were overruled by Kushner, hard to believe that the opinion of the presidents son-in-law takes precedence over those with foreign affairs experience. They are attempting to use their leverage by withholding funds to refugee camps to get the Palestinians to remove their claim to Israeli occupied lands.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/31/w...refugees-.html
The whole support behind the aid to the Arabs was after the six day war. The Arabs lost. So the amount of money for those refugees should be less now as those people have since died or established roots elsewhere.

So it needs to end. No aid for the generational people who are not refugees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies