Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 06:53 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So he plays well with balls, what does that make him?

No one knows what kap is protesting, we do know he is disrespecting a tradition we all still respect. he can protest all hew wants. There is a time and place appropriate. Not during the national anthem. That is a slight against our country and while he can protest that, we have a right to protest him and the NFL.

Kap is an entertainer who went off script and ruined the play, the audience has a right to walk out and boo him. This is all about KAP, not whatever he wants to bring attention to.

NFL broadcasts no longer a fall tradition. Thanks NFL and kneelers.

Time for another league to compete with the NFL.

Sure we do... the supposed hunting of black people by the Police, and not the band.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Except "Cap" loses.

Nike shareholders at least in the short term lost 4 Billion dollars in its Market Cap after the news was announced.

Yo Kap...keep cashing those Nike checks, because they might not renew their contract with you!
I was watching.the Phillip DeFranco show last night and he mentioned the Trump spike. A number of companies Trump knocked in a tweet or some stump speech, have a stock sell off for the immediate moment Trump knocks them but then the shock price then goes up after the initial run. Now whether or not that is tied to earnings, who knows. It will be interesting if Nike does this like Nordstrom did previously.

In another bit of news, anyone else notice that Papa John's is getting dumped by the NFL and other sport teams now that we are getting close to the seasons starting?

Old 09-05-2018, 07:16 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Nike is playing up to the 30 and under crowd. When it comes to the most brand conscience group which are teenagers, this Nike move is most likely a negative business wise. Just who buys most clothes/shoes for this group? Their parents. I doubt very much that this ridiculous marketing ploy will be a boon for the company at all with the 30 plus crowd. Looks, fit, and price by then takes precedent as it's now their money with most of their paycheck now going towards automobiles, rent, or mortgages.

Nike will probably get a big boost in sales from the 20 - 30 year olds in metropolitan areas. I doubt this will be enough to offset the reduced sales from the other age group's negative feelings towards Nike and the police hating Kaepernick.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:21 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
What I find pathetic and cowardly is that Nike and Kap are cashing in (they hope) on the misery of the few young black man who are in fact victims of police racism. While it may be a very small group, they are still the victims, and Kap and Nike are just pi$$ing on their graves for profit. Disgusting, cowardly, pathetic. And if you support them, you are in the same group.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:31 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Nike is playing up to the 30 and under crowd. When it comes to the most brand conscience group which are teenagers, this Nike move is most likely a negative business wise. Just who buys most clothes/shoes for this group? Their parents. I doubt very much that this ridiculous marketing ploy will be a boon for the company at all with the 30 plus crowd. Looks, fit, and price by then takes precedent as it's now their money with most of their paycheck now going towards automobiles, rent, or mortgages.

Nike will probably get a big boost in sales from the 20 - 30 year olds in metropolitan areas. I doubt this will be enough to offset the reduced sales from the other age group's negative feelings towards Nike and the police hating Kaepernick.
We don't know how many will or won't buy Nike's. I wouldn't besides maybe jerseys because of shoe sizing. I simply cannot wear Nike shoes because they aren't wide enough so they don't have me.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:35 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nike has decided to use Kap in their latest “Just do it” campaign!!

Thank you for standing up for righteousness Nike. I’m gonna go out and buy a few new pairs for my niece and nephew.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35387...t-hank-berrien
There is a bit of irony that Nike pays women pennies an hour to make shoes they can sell to pay this idiot millions to represent oppression.its a sweatshop.

Liberals are such suckers.. they quickly associate with anything that makes them feel righteous regardless of the facts behind it..

https://www.google.com/amp/www.balti...story,amp.html

There are boatloads if stories out there.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:43 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
This is potentially a bad business move. It is a polarizing subject that has divided, it cost him his job and he will most likely never play in the NFL again and it even cost the NFL in attendance and tv viewership. Nike's stock took a hit yesterday but it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I personally think he is a disgrace and it ticked me off that he was disrespecting our national anthem, our flag and those that have served in the military. I won't be buying any Nike products as long as they are using him in advertising. I have teenagers that I will not be buying any Nike products for as well. Investors play a big part in this and who knows how they are going to react over the next couple of weeks.

I don't have statistics but I would be willing to bet that in the US the majority of their customer base is middle income non-minority. Those are the exact same people that were offended by the kneeling during the anthem.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:52 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
My prediction is most people don't and won't care. I bet if you asked Joe Consumer on the street about the "Nike Controversy" he'd have no idea what you were talking about. With the exception of a few people: if they bought Nike before, they will still buy them and if they didn't buy them before, they still won't. In less than a year, almost no one will remember about all this. And you could say the same for In-n-Out too.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:45 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Most likely, Nike decided to make this wildly unnecessary move because they want to grab more market share and/or lock up various markets by getting their "woke-ness" out first. As someone who crunches data for a living, I am certain and entire team of people like me was tasked with evaluating the loss from potential boycotts versus the gain in markets where Kaepernick is seen much more favorably. And I guarantee that data crunching was exhaustive. In the end, Nike feels that what they are doing will be a net positive, and they both anticipated the current boycott angst and don't much care about it.

Whether you approve or don't, they thought the decision out. They are banking on a net win.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
There is a bit of irony that Nike pays women pennies an hour to make shoes they can sell to pay this idiot millions to represent oppression.its a sweatshop.

Liberals are such suckers.. they quickly associate with anything that makes them feel righteous regardless of the facts behind it..

https://www.google.com/amp/www.balti...story,amp.html

There are boatloads if stories out there.
Trump does the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies