Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2018, 05:03 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times

Advertisements

The commercial is scheduled to air early in the game, when viewership is highest. Looking forward to seeing it.

God Bless America.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:15 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Being the new face of Nike is staying away from the public eye?
When the hell is he going to give an actual interview? Speech? Rally? You know, stuff that actual leaders and civil rights activists do.

Well, he's suing to get some money back and become even richer so that's good.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The commercial is scheduled to air early in the game, when viewership is highest. Looking forward to seeing it.

God Bless America.
Southside Chicago is on track to pass 500 homicides for the 4th straight year.

God Bless America.

When gullible people believe a shy introvert millionaire who started an empty gesture can do more than 8 years of a black president, after endorsing a brand that makes NFL owners wealthy.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why are you barking at him when you don't stand up for the military
“Stand up for the military?” I stood IN the military!

Those of you that spend so much time standing up for the military are simply trying to salve your consciences by overcompensating because you were too soft to put on the uniform and boots. You copped out and stayed on the sidelines while the patriots put in work.

When I was at OSUT and jump school, you were back home getting rejected by all the cute girls and putting Clearasil on your zits.

And don’t use college as an excuse, if you even went. I got my degree and STILL served afterwards. Don’t use some injury or tell me how you had a blister on your pinky finger that kept you from signing up. Your only injury was lack of blood flow to your heart.

Don’t come at me with this military thing. I’ll destroy you.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:21 PM

57,211 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Soutside Chicago is on track to pass 500 homicides for the 4th straight year.

God Bless America.

When gullible people believe a shy introvert millionaire who started an empty gesture can do more than 8 years of a black president, after endorsing a brand that makes NFL owners wealthy.
Its gullible to believe that Trump has done more in 2 years than Obama's 8 years and if the democrats take back the house in November Trump will be a lame duck.

Trump is a shy introvert.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Its gullible to believe that Trump has done more in 2 years than Obama's 8 years and if the democrats take back the house in November Trump will be a lame duck.

Trump is a shy introvert.
This thread isn't about Trump, it's about Kap, hence the thread title

Nice try with the deflection.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:31 PM

5,065 posts, read 2,273,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
All I've been hearing online is weird alt right Trumpers saying they're never going to buy a Nike product again. Odds are if they have kids or other family members it's pretty much inevitable they will. Nike will always get your money.
If someone is serious about it, there are so many other choices of gear out there that there's no reason to ever touch a Nike product again.

We just did back-to-school and football shopping. Ended up with nothing from Nike, but not due to this issue. We've got Adidas, UA, Puma, and whatever the Michael Jordan line goes by covered, though. I've never bought Nike shoes - there are other brands that fit my boys better, and my daughter and I run in Brooks.

It's always interesting to me to see how things play out over the course of a year or so. Dick's isn't dying, but it had lower-than-expected revenue. They're trying to blame the fact that Under Armor has expanded the list of retailers, and there's a mention of "hunting" being down. I'm sure UA has a lot to do with it, but it's humorous that they won't come out and admit their anti-gun policy hurt them with gun owners.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:34 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times
I really just don't see what Kaepernick's protest, which has now obviously caught on with other players, has done. I think he is free to kneel, it doesn't bother me (and I think the counter-arguments bringing up servicemen or first responders are just stupid); what bothers me is that his kneeling during a football game is a weak, ineffective protest. It doesn't do anything.

He is protesting alleged inequality of blacks, especially in treatment by police... okay, now what? What does the kneeling do? Does he have a plan, using his platform, has he ever had a plan, to do actual work on this issue he sees? Try to make change? Even freaking Kim Kardashian is going to the White House to discuss clemency for certain convicts, focusing on the drug issue, FFS. There's a public figure who is actually doing something; taking action, not a symbolic gesture.

What bothers me is his kneeling has gotten so much press, it's spread, yet it doesn't appear to have ever done anything for his cause. It's empty. Anyone can kneel during the National Anthem, it isn't hard. But what, if anything, does he or anyone else on the field who kneels do when the game is over to help further his cause? Instead of focusing on the kneeling, why not focus on those actual efforts, assuming he does anything of substance to help or deal with the issue he sees? If he IS doing that work, we don't hear about that, and why then do we care so much about the kneeling in comparison?

"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything." Okay, kids, kneel for the National Anthem for black people!... Great, we're done, back to regular life now. Until next game. I mean...

On the surface it reminds me of the "Kony 2012" BS. When people worldwide posted #StopKony or whatever on FB and acted like they were doing something to stop what he was doing to children, when posting "in support" once on FB then moving on does absolutely nothing.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:37 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,594,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Don’t come at me with this military thing. I’ll destroy you.
the only thing you destroy is your own credibility with each post, not that there was much to start with.
ordered that 3rd pair of sneakers sporting the weak Pac12?

Old 09-06-2018, 05:43 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
When the hell is he going to give an actual interview? Speech? Rally? You know, stuff that actual leaders and civil rights activists do.

Well, he's suing to get some money back and become even richer so that's good.
I see no one getting more publicity for the issue than he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.