Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2018, 09:06 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post

Looks like Kap and Nike are winning in the short and likely the long term. That's called succeeding in spite of the haters.

NKE stock is lower now compared to the time of the announcement and thats wining? liberal logic.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:10 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
NKE stock is lower now compared to the time of the announcement and thats wining? liberal logic.
Not liberal logic, it's just that you don't understand the market, stock dropped in anticipation of the Company taking a hit but it didn't so you might want to buy a few hundred shares while you can afford it:

Quote:
Nike stock fell more than 3% when it announced the endorsement deal with Kaepernick. Shares are still lower than before the deal, but have rebounded slightly. In the meantime, Apex Marketing Group notes that despite the backlash, Nike has received more than $43 million worth of media exposure and positioned itself as a risk-taker.

A new report from Edison Trends says Nike’s online sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday of Labor Day weekend this year. That’s notably better than last year’s 17% seasonal increase.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales but the data does not support that theory,” the company said in a statement.
Colin Kaepernick Campaign Gives Nike a Big Sales Boost | Fortune

Old 09-07-2018, 09:13 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Winning!

Old 09-07-2018, 09:14 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Wouldn't you have to also boycott other Nike products ; Cole Haan, Converse, Hurley , and Umbro too?
And don't forget that Ford & Hyundai back NFL national anthem protests so the boycotters should probably burn their F 150's & Sonata's while they're at it.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:14 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Winning!
Please tell me how's that's winning. Who is winning?

Old 09-07-2018, 09:23 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not liberal logic, it's just that you don't understand the market, stock dropped in anticipation of the Company taking a hit but it didn't so you might want to buy a few hundred shares while you can afford it:

you are assuming a lot, I understand plenty and stated a fact that youall dont have an answer, the reason is irrevelent to me as I dont care why...the stock -is- lower now than it was before the announcement.

I sell credit spreads options on the major indicies when the VIX is elevated(it currently isnt at 14.88) and buy them back when volatility is burnt off some, better than messing with individual tickers, for me.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:26 PM

631 posts, read 562,552 times
Stand up for what you believe!

Old 09-07-2018, 09:28 PM

631 posts, read 562,552 times
Burn your bras!

Old 09-07-2018, 09:30 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Please tell me how's that's winning. Who is winning?

Already posted the article and link.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
It's true they are global; but, in 2017, 47.3% of their revenue was from North America.

If they lose just 10% of that market, that means they will need to make up @ $1.5 billion elsewhere.

And From the Morning Consult data, a 10% loss of market looks extremely optimistic.
Nike ain’t going anywhere. You know it, and so do I. You know that this is a tempest in a teapot. Nike is simply too big. Besides, when did you right wingers stop being lackeys for corporations?

They can treat employees ANY way they want, and you guys say “no big deal.”

But they stand with a black athlete, and your heads explode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I've got something. Please remember, Kap didn't sacrifice anything. Kap is not an American hero. He's a football player who "OPTED OUT" of his contract with the 49er's to become a free agent. When a player takes this action, there is no guarantee he will be picked up by another team. And the man still left the Niner's with millions. So I'm sorry, but that kind of throws a wrench in the whole "sacrificing everything" slogan Nike is run with here. It's absolutely ridiculous, yet it seems to be working on a certain group of people. Why, I don't know. I guess it has something to do with people forgetting what a real hero is. A firefighter from a small town 10 miles north of my home saved 2 small children from a blaze about a year ago. Those children would have died, but he risked his life and went into a burning home and saved them. That's a hero, and his picture should be the one on the new Nike ad. Because he was willing to actually sacrifice everything to save those children. There are millions of real heroes who live in this country, yet we are presented with Kap by Nike as a symbol of bravery and heroism. How can people not see how utterly ridiculous this ad campaign is. I wouldn't say it's worth boycotting Nike or burning your shoes, but I would encourage people to let Nike know how you feel about the ad. Perhaps encourage them to use real American heroes next time they decide to run an ad like this.
LMAO...what’s a hero?

You guys won’t even say that John McCain is a hero, so I’m like WHATEVER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Who do you think owns the majority of the company DD?
You tell me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
No, they rely on wealthy conservatives who own NFL teams so they can supply their jerseys for lucrative contracts

Who do you think is the sole supplier of the NFL? It’s Nike! You know, the little innocent check mark on all the jerseys.

A multi-year contract worth BILLIONS.
Nike will be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.