Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 05:02 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
By his stats alone, he was rated as the 15th best QB statistically, yet 32 teams tried out multiple scrubs for the back up position and Kap never got a single phone call. His lawyers are going to make this case in court, and Kap will win in the end, with a settlement from the league.

The ever lies From libs. "and Kap never got a single phone call."

Denver OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT!

How is Kap going to explain "collusion" when he was OFFERED a CONTRACT by Denver and he TURNED IT DOWN?

Old 09-05-2018, 05:07 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Nike shoes are uncomfortable, but I guess they just buy them for looks.
"but I guess they just buy them for looks."

Nike made Air Jordon's and many black kids flocked to them because Jordon was black and endorsed them.

I play a lot of golf and see MOST black golfers wearing and using NIKE stuff. Tiger Woods had an endorsement contract with them.

To me, the funniest thing is how the left media TRIED to cast Tiger Woods as black and he refused to take the bait.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:28 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
A garbage company representing a pathetic player.

Nike FAIL:

Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/3eLkANmrWiM

Last edited by WannaliveinGreenville; 09-05-2018 at 05:42 AM..

Old 09-05-2018, 05:49 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
A garbage company representing a pathetic player.
I keep hearing you guys say this, but it dawned on me that Trump and his supporters lie about almost everything, and their favorite lie is to say bad things about anyone who dares to oppose their racist views.

So I looked it up, and guess what: Kap actually had an above (slightly) average QB Rating. His rating was 88.9 during his career, versus 88.6 in 2017, the year after his career. QB Ratings are on a slight upward tick, as the competition gets better, so his "above average" status is likely a bit higher during his active years.

I'm not a fan of the 49'ers, and really don't care about "Kap the QB" one way or the other, but the man was above average in a very elite position. The amount of hard work, skill and dedication it takes to make it into the NFL at ANY level is huge. Like him or not, try to stick to facts. Whether he was a good QB or not, is really irrelevant to the discussion, but if you're going to bring up his record, do it with some truth. The Truth is that he was not a pathetic player. He was not Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw or Brett Favre, but he was not pathetic.

The man should be admired for standing up for American values, even if it hurt him. And Nike should be commended (for once) for actually taking a stand for what's right. If you STILL think Kap was protesting the flag, then you are STILL missing the point.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:56 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
The Trans Pacific Trade Agreement that Trump scrapped would have addressed wages and working conditions to bring up standards, were you all critical of that action. Now Kaepernick needs to be a universal justice warrior when our president trashed a deal that would have helped these countries.

Don't worry about Kaepernick or Nike they will both do fine, his lawsuit against the NFL moves forward.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nike has decided to use Kap in their latest “Just do it” campaign!!

Thank you for standing up for righteousness Nike. I’m gonna go out and buy a few new pairs for my niece and nephew.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35387...t-hank-berrien
On the other side, there are many of us who will never buy Nike again. So it works both ways. If you want to buy Nike that is your choice, however this was a dumb move on their part and will hurt their business. How do you feel when the shoe (no pun) is on the other foot, like those who choose to boycot Chic fil A? Remember that? Or Hobby Lobby for that matter?

Old 09-05-2018, 06:06 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I keep hearing you guys say this, but it dawned on me that Trump and his supporters lie about almost everything, and their favorite lie is to say bad things about anyone who dares to oppose their racist views.

So I looked it up, and guess what: Kap actually had an above (slightly) average QB Rating. His rating was 88.9 during his career, versus 88.6 in 2017, the year after his career. QB Ratings are on a slight upward tick, as the competition gets better, so his "above average" status is likely a bit higher during his active years.

I'm not a fan of the 49'ers, and really don't care about "Kap the QB" one way or the other, but the man was above average in a very elite position. The amount of hard work, skill and dedication it takes to make it into the NFL at ANY level is huge. Like him or not, try to stick to facts. Whether he was a good QB or not, is really irrelevant to the discussion, but if you're going to bring up his record, do it with some truth. The Truth is that he was not a pathetic player. He was not Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw or Brett Favre, but he was not pathetic.

The man should be admired for standing up for American values, even if it hurt him. And Nike should be commended (for once) for actually taking a stand for what's right. If you STILL think Kap was protesting the flag, then you are STILL missing the point.
So he plays well with balls, what does that make him?

No one knows what kap is protesting, we do know he is disrespecting a tradition we all still respect. he can protest all hew wants. There is a time and place appropriate. Not during the national anthem. That is a slight against our country and while he can protest that, we have a right to protest him and the NFL.

Kap is an entertainer who went off script and ruined the play, the audience has a right to walk out and boo him. This is all about KAP, not whatever he wants to bring attention to.

NFL broadcasts no longer a fall tradition. Thanks NFL and kneelers.

Time for another league to compete with the NFL.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:14 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"His collusion case is gonna go to trial, and he'll be cashing another check,"

Many on the left are so uninformed and make asinine predictions.

Kap TURNED DOWN a contract with Denver.
LOL! Kap was still property of the Niners when Elway made that offer. By staying with the Niners he was guaranteed 12 mil. Elway offered Kap 7 mil to acquire him in a trade.
What would of you done under those circumstances?

Old 09-05-2018, 06:39 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So he plays well with balls, what does that make him?

No one knows what kap is protesting, we do know he is disrespecting a tradition we all still respect. he can protest all hew wants. There is a time and place appropriate. Not during the national anthem. That is a slight against our country and while he can protest that, we have a right to protest him and the NFL.

Kap is an entertainer who went off script and ruined the play, the audience has a right to walk out and boo him. This is all about KAP, not whatever he wants to bring attention to.

NFL broadcasts no longer a fall tradition. Thanks NFL and kneelers.

Time for another league to compete with the NFL.

His point is that people were saying he was a terrible player, which was a lie. Which his detractors are known for. Which makes any word out of their mouths null and void.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:48 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don’t know anything about Pat. I knew him personally. He’d be Kap’s biggest supporter.

Sacrificing everything? Please. Pat would also reject these silly narratives that make him out to be anything but what he was...just another soldier doing his duty.

If anyone should have given a sacrifice, it’s guys like Pat Tillman. He was born into relative privilege, attended college on scholarship and played a game that paid him well. Who else but HIM should’ve sacrificed his life? This country was good to him, and a lot of men that never had it so good as him gave their lives too.

So chill with that nonsense.
Do you think Kaepernick thought he was sacrificing his career? And if he did think he was sacrificing his career then why is he trying to get it back?

Btw, how many young black men have died for their Air Jordans? I'll bet more than a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies