Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 01:19 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,089,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
My opinion ICE doesn't do enough of them raids.
They need to hire more agents. I thought about applying but decided against it. Would be a fun job though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 01:20 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,089,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The number of raids they do isn't the problem, the issue is that they never arrest employers. It's a big joke, employers can turn around and rehire illegals the next day, nothing ever happens to them. All the raids are just red meat for the base. If anyone was serious about stopping illegal immigration they would go after the people who hire them.
Another lie

Like the bakery above hired 600 citizens

Old 09-04-2018, 05:53 AM

42,753 posts, read 25,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Even so most of the illegals aren't doing seasonal farm work. All these employers claim they can't get American workers even above minimum wage, can't use H2A. I don't take it at face value. What I believe is many of them just want easily obtainable cheap and desperate workers. There's no seasonal work or farm work near me and there are so many people who would have to be illegals.
This is what YOU said, and it is what I was responding to:
Quote:
If you can't get Americans at a fair market rate, then you don't have a viable business.
So if that was intended to be a serious comment, then most of our agricultural system is not viable.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:56 AM

42,753 posts, read 25,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Another lie

Like the bakery above hired 600 citizens
You are very predictable, when you don't like a comment on these forums you claim it's a lie. It makes it hard to take you seriously

Old 09-04-2018, 06:01 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,351,349 times
This is terrible and bad business for people like me. I can hire illegals and I don't have to pay American wages, contribute to Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance nor do I need to follow safety regulations or give my employees time off or breaks.

I am so thankful for Chuck and Nancy, who are trying to make sure my endless supply of cheap labor!

Old 09-04-2018, 06:06 AM

76,991 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Cloverhill is a complicated situation, here's an article about it. https://chicago.suntimes.com/busines...-vs-hispanics/
Thanks for the facts. So, Obama deported 800 workers, and the company replaced them with locals who were 40% more expensive and 40% less productive.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,850,420 times
Quote:
Just the one example of the Cloverhill Bakery in Chicago. Before the raid it was 90% Hispanic to 10% black employees and after it was 90% black to 10% Hispanic according to one black employee. Watch the video of the hard working black lady(CITIZEN I might add). Hard worker; 12 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week. 600 jobs added at one location!!

Between fall 2017 and summer of 2018 there were 3500 ICE raids on workplaces!!

Great article and short video!

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rican-workers/
The article I read said 35% of the workforce was lost.
Chicago immigration raid leaves bakery scrambling to rehire after 800 workers lost - Chicago Tribune
About 35 percent of the workers at Cloverhill Bakery had to be replaced, according to Zurich-based Aryzta AG. The company, which makes baked goods for fast-food chains and supermarkets at a bakery in Chicago's Galewood neighborhood, said the employees were supplied by a job-placement agency that faced federal audits earlier this year. It also has a warehouse in Cicero.

This facility has a history of being investigated by ICE - not just under Trump. The investigations started in the Obama era.

Hostess bought the facility in February.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:29 AM

20,102 posts, read 16,043,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Nearly half of Maryland’s crab houses have no workers to pick their meat. Where are the Americans who want these jobs. It’s not about politics, it’s about keeping your business alive.
There are people who want the jobs, including nasty jobs - just not at the pay being offered. Have you ever noticed cities manage to get garbagemen without having to resort to hiring illegals. Why? Because they pay them adequately enough to attract workers.

Recently a local school district was bemoaning the lack of substitutes at a public board meeting and in the reasoning given was not the fact that they were paying them less per hour than Walmart or McDonald’s was offering brand new employees according to signs on their doors. That had to be brought up by a parent sitting in the audience. You have to pay a reasonable wage to get workers.

I think any employer caught with illegal workers needs to be fined the average one year salary (prevailing industry wage) and taxes they would have paid an American for each employee found.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,346,550 times
The article brings up a point that might not have been talked about in the forum of how companies use temp agencies to hire illegals. How many times have we heard if they do not go after the employers who hire illegals we will never solve our immigration problem. This is how big employers get around the immigration laws is through fly by night temp agencies who are the fall guy if there is a raid.

What becomes of the temp agency after the raid? their biggest and maybe only customer was raided and the temp agency just lost their profit of of supplying 800 employees. The temp agency doors are boarded up and they are out of business, maybe. Or the temp agency just changes name and location and contracts with same big company and the illegals are back to being employed.

The temp agencies are the big loop hole that big companies implement to avoid breaking immigration laws. Did you notice in the story the company rep did not want to disclose the name of temp agency? Hmmm, wonder why?

Old 09-04-2018, 07:30 AM

62,567 posts, read 28,756,220 times
Quote:
Just the one example of the Cloverhill Bakery in Chicago. Before the raid it was 90% Hispanic to 10% black employees and after it was 90% black to 10% Hispanic according to one black employee. Watch the video of the hard working black lady(CITIZEN I might add). Hard worker; 12 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week. 600 jobs added at one location!!

Between fall 2017 and summer of 2018 there were 3500 ICE raids on workplaces!!

Great article and short video!

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rican-workers/

Yet many of the pro-illegals claim that Americans are inferior workers to "immigrants" either illegal or legal. It's utter BS. It's all about exploiting the latter while not offering decent wages to Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies