Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 02:57 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
Yep, in almost every metric. As for "leader of the free world"... we'll see how much is left of that if the president continues to violate freedoms like the freedom of the press, freedom of having one's own opinion and the freedom of businesses to make their own decisions.
Obviously I meant located above us.

Such leftist lunacy.

You have no idea what you're talking about, I can only imagine just how much more ridiculously left the media is up there.

Every single claim you make is simply untrue.

Trump will probably be gone in 2020-- that's the beauty of democracy, and lmao I think America will still be a sovereign nation, one that you will still depend on. Who says we can't have our own opinion or that businesses cant make their own decisions? You act like the government runs our life. That's not us, that's you.

Get off these USA forums and boycott everything American that you own/use and let's see how long you make it. I'll throw out the expired maple syrup in my pantry while you're at it.

Let's see who you run to when you need help.

Canada is an insignificant nation full of a bunch of snobs, simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 03:33 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,695,368 times
Yes they are. And the pharmaceutical business prices are insane.

Old 09-09-2018, 08:59 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Comparisons between countries with regards to health care are fraught with difficulties, often comparing oranges and tangerines and small differences in percentage points separating them in the rankings. For example, infant mortality is one metric commonly used, but some countries count as miscarriages burths of small, immature fetuses which the US counts as live births, even though those fetuses cannot live.

To say that "Americans are made sick and kept sick because there is no profit in healthy people" is a kick in the teeth to doctors who are doing their best when most poor health exists because of what the patient does that the physician has no control over.
What I said was "many doctors" not all. I agree there are some doctors who put the patient's welfare above profit but there are many more who are guided by profit or cost either by themselves or more often a medical facility or insurance company.

The medical profession in general deserves a "kick in the teeth." "What the patient does"...is what that patient needs to do simply to survive. We live in America where a hamburger costs less than an apple. Poor folks with children have no choice but to try to satisfy the hunger of their family and the only thing available is the dollar menu at most fast food joints. Where are your doctors??? Most are looking at their future patients eating at Mickey D's on a daily basis knowing they will probably become obese and develop diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, etc. While our society turns out overweight and sick people they fail to realize that the taxpayer is the one who will foot the bill for their medical treatment. Worst of all is that American politicians and professionals ignore the needs of our children. One may easily believe that they are aware and are quite satisfied furnishing the medical industry a steady stream of sick people.

UNITED STATES: Health care - America's shame

Old 09-09-2018, 11:46 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
What I said was "many doctors" not all. I agree there are some doctors who put the patient's welfare above profit but there are many more who are guided by profit or cost either by themselves or more often a medical facility or insurance company.

The medical profession in general deserves a "kick in the teeth." "What the patient does"...is what that patient needs to do simply to survive. We live in America where a hamburger costs less than an apple. Poor folks with children have no choice but to try to satisfy the hunger of their family and the only thing available is the dollar menu at most fast food joints. Where are your doctors??? Most are looking at their future patients eating at Mickey D's on a daily basis knowing they will probably become obese and develop diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, etc. While our society turns out overweight and sick people they fail to realize that the taxpayer is the one who will foot the bill for their medical treatment. Worst of all is that American politicians and professionals ignore the needs of our children. One may easily believe that they are aware and are quite satisfied furnishing the medical industry a steady stream of sick people.

UNITED STATES: Health care - America's shame
As has been pointed out, doctors have to run a business. I personally think that what they do justifies the salaries that they make, and more are probably underpaid than overpaid.

There are plenty of people who could afford to live healthier lifestyles but do not. How is paying physicians less going to fix that problem?

How is paying doctors less going to fix the problem of food deserts? It is possible, you know, to eat at fast food restaurants and not become obese. Start by substituting water for the soft drink, for example. The sliced apples at Mickey D's are the same price as the dollar menu French fries. It's a matter of making better choices. How are doctors supposed to convince patients to do that?

Sorry, I do not see anyone being "quite satisfied furnishing the medical industry a steady stream of sick people".

Old 09-09-2018, 12:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You're talking as though our "health care" system were a free and competitive market.

Was Al Capone worth what he was paid? The only difference between the Chicago mobs and today's "health care" industry racket is that one needed machine guns and the other uses and preys upon people's worst fears at their most vulnerable moments in life.
I have to wonder how many on theses boards who are so in favor of socialized medicine has ever had to depend on it in other countries?

Old 09-09-2018, 12:24 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
Obviously I meant located above us.

Such leftist lunacy.

You have no idea what you're talking about, I can only imagine just how much more ridiculously left the media is up there.

Every single claim you make is simply untrue.

Trump will probably be gone in 2020-- that's the beauty of democracy, and lmao I think America will still be a sovereign nation, one that you will still depend on. Who says we can't have our own opinion or that businesses cant make their own decisions? You act like the government runs our life. That's not us, that's you.

Get off these USA forums and boycott everything American that you own/use and let's see how long you make it. I'll throw out the expired maple syrup in my pantry while you're at it.

Let's see who you run to when you need help.

Canada is an insignificant nation full of a bunch of snobs, simple as that.
Again, what a strange argument.

Canada, your second largest trading partner, where 37 of your states RELY on trade with Canada, insignificant?

When has the US helped out Canada when we needed help? Besides forest fires, where Canada, Mexico, Australia and the US help each other out when possible I can't think of anything.

However who helps you guys out many times? Iran diplomats. 9/11 allowing 238 planes to land and 33,000 people on Canadian soil because you guys were afraid of more planes being used as targets...but Canada took the chance. The list could go on, Katrina....sending help, sometimes arriving before American help arrived.

Your chest thumping is embarrassing to your fellow Americans, especially if you think that Government runs our lives in Canada, when we rate higher in personal freedom than you guys do.

Distilling down Canada to just maple syrup is a childish argument.

Now let's get back on topic, an stop bashing Canada's doctors, as some on here have. It a false point, and seems to be made ONLY to bolster up your healthcare system which is in DIRE need of reform.

Fact is, Canadian doctors make good money. Canadian doctors are some of the best. Using Canada as a whipping board seems to be the new fashion for some in the US. Imagine YOUR fellow citizens cheering when Trump said he would destroy Canada financially...and this to an ally.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:36 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to wonder how many on theses boards who are so in favor of socialized medicine has ever had to depend on it in other countries?
What I'm in favor of is removing the incentive for obscene corporate profits from the system. For over 20 years, "health care" has been the easiest big money in the history of man. For all but the most routine office visits, they pull prices from the stratosphere....simply because they can. Extortion is a walk in the park when you're dealing with people in the most vulnerable and fearful moments in their lives. People who have no opportunity whatsoever to shop the marketplace, negotiate a fair agreement, and make an informed decision knowing what their financial obligations will be.

Today's US "health care" system is the largest extortion racket in modern history and what is truly amazing is that there are still many who defend and support it.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:54 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Athletes are grossly overpaid. Doctors make a lot of money because it takes years of school/experience to do what they do. And that would be saving lives & making lives better.

You try and take money away from doctors watch people stop wanting to be doctors. I can only imagine a country with universal healthcare with a shortage of doctors.
Insurance Companies give pennies to the Doctor when they actually pay them that is.

"Let the patient pay their doctor" !!!!!.
The ones who charge what they know their patients can not afford will be put out of business the natural way.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:55 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Isn't it funny, though, that people gladly pay out of pocket for uninsured cosmetic surgeries ($16 Billion in 2016) but scream if their primary costs them $120 when he has at least 2 employees in the front office alone plus a NP.
I recall a chat with my husbands primary one day when he told me he takes "paper work" home to finish at night
Looking at my EOB one time, I saw that he got paid less than $40 for one visit.
Just had a couple of things done on my golf cart and they charged $75 an hour even though some of it was just changing tires ( not much skill or expensive education involved there)

Last edited by old_cold; 09-09-2018 at 02:24 PM..

Old 09-09-2018, 06:30 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Again, what a strange argument.

Canada, your second largest trading partner, where 37 of your states RELY on trade with Canada, insignificant?

When has the US helped out Canada when we needed help? Besides forest fires, where Canada, Mexico, Australia and the US help each other out when possible I can't think of anything.

However who helps you guys out many times? Iran diplomats. 9/11 allowing 238 planes to land and 33,000 people on Canadian soil because you guys were afraid of more planes being used as targets...but Canada took the chance. The list could go on, Katrina....sending help, sometimes arriving before American help arrived.

Your chest thumping is embarrassing to your fellow Americans, especially if you think that Government runs our lives in Canada, when we rate higher in personal freedom than you guys do.

Distilling down Canada to just maple syrup is a childish argument.

Now let's get back on topic, an stop bashing Canada's doctors, as some on here have. It a false point, and seems to be made ONLY to bolster up your healthcare system which is in DIRE need of reform.

Fact is, Canadian doctors make good money. Canadian doctors are some of the best. Using Canada as a whipping board seems to be the new fashion for some in the US. Imagine YOUR fellow citizens cheering when Trump said he would destroy Canada financially...and this to an ally.
MAGUHHHHH! Bottom line, you need us way more than we need you. End of subject, topic closed.

Now where is that rope I can swing from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies