Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 01:25 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Looks like she's popping a zit.

And I'm a lefty.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:58 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
I saw this on Twitter. I don't know if this was some sign but it is weird how she's holding her hand like that.

Whenever someone is in the hot seat at these hearings, the focus for some reason always gears towards the person sitting behind them whether it's about their looks or whatever.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:02 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
" Racist Kavanaugh Aid - Controversy of the day #7,569,923"

That's hilarious. I turned it on for a few minutes and it looked like a lot of political grandstanding. And, I heard people yelling. Seriously, is this the best we can do.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:03 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Can we all at least agree that she's smokin' hot?

Old 09-04-2018, 02:14 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I saw this on Twitter. I don't know if this was some sign but it is weird how she's holding her hand like that.

Whenever someone is in the hot seat at these hearings, the focus for some reason always gears towards the person sitting behind them whether it's about their looks or whatever.
Yeah, this is a head-scratcher. Even if she didn't mean to make the "white power" symbol and it's some sort of inside joke, the gesture itself is clearly intentional and she showed extremely poor judgment by making it.

She's providing fodder for people who already believe that the administration panders to white supremacists and that Kavanaugh is just another puppet. She's also diverting attention from Kavanaugh to herself, which is always a bad look.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:47 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Yeah, this is a head-scratcher. Even if she didn't mean to make the "white power" symbol and it's some sort of inside joke, the gesture itself is clearly intentional and she showed extremely poor judgment by making it.

She's providing fodder for people who already believe that the administration panders to white supremacists and that Kavanaugh is just another puppet. She's also diverting attention from Kavanaugh to herself, which is always a bad look.

really? it's her fault instead of the race hustlers instigators that created all of this.

the gesture itself is clearly intentional? and she showed extremely poor judgment? you are the problem not her.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:48 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Just when you thought 'progressives' couldn't get more childish or ridiculous.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:53 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I made the same sign last night-- I picked at a mosquito bite.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:02 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
really? it's her fault instead of the race hustlers instigators that created all of this.

the gesture itself is clearly intentional? and she showed extremely poor judgment? you are the problem not her.
If you guys on the far right end of the spectrum can't see that forming a circle with your index finger and thumb and leaving it there is a purposeful gesture (regardless of what it means), then you've all gone off the deep end.

I don't know whether she meant to make the "white power" symbol. In fact, I'd be surprised if she did, because it would be incredibly stupid.

Take off your red-tinted glasses and imagine for a moment that an aide sitting behind Kamala Harris or Corey Booker had one fist clenched in the air while the camera was trained on her. When the media inevitably pointed out that it was the "black power" symbol, would you call it "race hustling" and a manufactured controversy?

Old 09-04-2018, 03:09 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
If you guys on the far right end of the spectrum can't see that forming a circle with your index finger and thumb and leaving it there is a purposeful gesture (regardless of what it means), then you've all gone off the deep end.

I don't know whether she meant to make the "white power" symbol. In fact, I'd be surprised if she did, because it would be incredibly stupid.

Take off your red-tinted glasses and imagine for a moment that an aide sitting behind Kamala Harris or Corey Booker had one fist clenched in the air while the camera was trained on her. When the media inevitably pointed out that it was the "black power" symbol, would you call it "race hustling" and a manufactured controversy?
Well if in your scenario, the person wasn't even black (since this woman is not white) then yeah, I think thats what it would be called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies