Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the Anonymous Op Ed Proves True, Should Trump Be Forced Out?
Yes, absolutely! 137 55.02%
Heck no! 112 44.98%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 10:08 AM

4,015 posts, read 2,692,397 times

Advertisements

This website I was reading brought up an interesting bit that I hadn't thought of:

Quote:
If the author does not out himself, there are still ways in which his identity might be revealed. As noted above, he mentions a specific statement recently made to him by another member of the administration. There is a good chance that the speaker, whoever he is, recognizes himself, and he could potentially spill the beans.

The site brings up some interesting points about who the author could be as well.

https://www.electoral-vote.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 10:09 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,654,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
THIS is who microchip (the creator of fake Q and the anonymous NYT writer) is. He was doxxed and he has been revealed. This doxxing was not recent, he's BEEN doxxed and outed, but people still don't get it because they are too lazy to put everything together.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...dia-guy-214309

This is how "QAnon" had photos from AirForce1. This is how "QAnon" knew things about Trump. This is how "QAnon" made it all so believable. His handle on Twitter was the same as it is on gab right now: microchip He was banned from Twitter because he is a huge, huge internet troll. Kek - ever hear of that? The green frog? Pepe?

Guess what.

I am not going to hold everyone's hand through this all. If you want to find the truth, I highly suggest, despite you using social media or not, that you read through his account on gab. Everything is there.
You can NOT be serious.

In no way can this person be called a "senior White House" staffer. He left the admin a year ago. NYT said the writer is "known to them." It was not some troll submitting an op-ed over the transom. Please.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:11 AM

14,373 posts, read 14,194,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The arrogance expressed in the anonymous editorial is actually quite astounding. Trump as put by someone in the media "Is a grenade thrown at DC". Trump was elected President, the person writing that opinion piece should stand up and run for office instead of being cowardly. I think most people knew what they were getting electing Trump. He's doing the things he campaigned on and many of those things he's expressed going back decades. Who is this unelected person to criticize that?

The problem here isn't Trump, it's the disconnect of Washington insiders who think they know better from the general public.

The Mueller investigation will conclude soon and will blow over. Trump will win his trade war and the economy will be on steroids. The Democrats will put up a far left candidate in 2020 and Trump will easily win. He's going to be President for the next 6 years, deal with it
Most of us aren't interested in fortune tellers We're interested in what is really going on.

What is really going on is we elected a President with little self-control who doesn't know what he is doing. To the extent that anything s happening in the White House at all its because of the people around Trump.

I keep looking for all those trade deals, but don't see them.

I keep waiting for North Korea to disarm, but they aren't doing it.

I keep trying to understand why he cozies up to Putin, but outrages are allies in this world. No explanation.

He wants to make an issue out of trivia like football players not standing for the National Anthem, yet sides with white supremacists, offends all decent people in this country, and acts like a jackass 24/7.

He enacts a tax bill that adds $100 billion a year to the deficit and undoubtedly will try to blame the democrats when the deficit becomes large.

When criticized rather than keeping his cool he responds with torrents of profanity and insults.

He accuses those who criticize him of treason portraying an awful abuse of power and no understanding of the law.

He is a miserable damn excuse for a President. He is an embarrassment to all the GOOD people in the United States. He makes me feel ashamed when I visit foreign countries and as soon as I say I am an American the people there starting muttering about him.

I doubt he will be impeached or forced to leave office. I think the democrats could nominate a dozen candidates who would beat him in an election.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:11 AM

18,555 posts, read 7,322,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it's truly getting surreal.
Isn't it, though? The only item of news in the op-ed is that GOP establishment hacks in the administration are trying to "thwart" Trump's agenda on trade and immigration, and it's presented as something entirely different.

This same op-ed (without the "thwarting his agenda") part has been published a dozen times, sometimes in book-length form.

And every time it's just as stupid and bogus as all the others. If he were truly unfit, all of the collusion stuff and the Mueller witch hunt would be unnecessary.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:13 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,491,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
LivingBlue
LivingBlue
@LivingBlueinRed
I’d say it was Melania but
Michelle Obama never wrote anything like this.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:15 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,782,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Sarah? Is that you?

I thought the same when I read it...

Old 09-06-2018, 10:19 AM

18,412 posts, read 7,042,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
For those who didn't read it it, the writer of the Op Ed clearly states that Trump is unfit for office and a danger to our country and democracy... Should Trump be removed from office? This means forced to resign, impeached, etc.

Note for all the conservatives folks, this means Pence will take over so your conservative agendas can still move forward.

....Darn, can't add a poll now. Let's just hear everyone's thoughts on this then...

Proves True?

You do know the definition of Op-Ed ....
Right?

Op-Ed: adjective [ADJ n]

"In a newspaper, the op-ed page is a page containing articles in which people express their opinions about things."

Old 09-06-2018, 10:19 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,383,083 times
It seems as if the commie "liberals, their Deep State, and the MSM actually just desire to get rid of democracy altogether.

They clearly wish to pull all the stops out, however corrupt and corrupting, to thwart anyone who defeats them.

They clearly don't respect our elections.

So why beat around the bush with all of this drama?

Just come out with a statements that democracy should be ended.

At least that would be more honest, less costly in all forms, and less dramatic (c'mon we don't like watching you act like petulant children, and at least some of you have to have an aversion to it).

Be who you are. Do you, commies.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:22 AM

463 posts, read 188,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
For those who didn't read it it, the writer of the Op Ed clearly states that Trump is unfit for office and a danger to our country and democracy... Should Trump be removed from office? This means forced to resign, impeached, etc.

Note for all the conservatives folks, this means Pence will take over so your conservative agendas can still move forward.

....Darn, can't add a poll now. Let's just hear everyone's thoughts on this then...
Is this the latest iteration of 'Trump is literally Hitler'?

I remember learning in Civics class that when you legally win a presidential election you become president, even when people who didn't vote for you don't want you to

Do they still teach that in school today, or are they too busy talking about how terrible America is and how it's my fault for being a white male?

Old 09-06-2018, 10:22 AM

48,437 posts, read 34,609,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
This website I was reading brought up an interesting bit that I hadn't thought of:

The site brings up some interesting points about who the author could be as well.

https://www.electoral-vote.com/

He has voiced my concerns.

I am amazingly conflicted.

I think trump is a complete mess, but he is an elected mess (unless there is Russian interference in the election, and there is...). I have no doubt the staff is stopping him from doing all kinds of stupid stuff..... but that's not their job or authority..... but thank goodness they are doing it.... because trump is insane, but not legally so....

On principle what the staff is doing is horrible, but in this situation it is imperative.... but you shouldn't make exceptions of principles..

My brain hurts.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies