Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the Anonymous Op Ed Proves True, Should Trump Be Forced Out?
Yes, absolutely! 137 55.02%
Heck no! 112 44.98%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 03:18 PM

26,549 posts, read 14,396,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I agree with his conclusion, based on analyzing the language and writing, that it's a young, beta male who probably made suggestions to Trump that Trump ignored so he's hurt and seeking revenge.

i'm not sure how you think this helps your argument since it's claiming that the op/ed author IS someone with direct contact to the POTUS who would know the impressions of the other members of the administration.

unless you think coffee boys wander into the oval office throwing out suggestions to be rejected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 03:23 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,579,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Even the Trumpers hate Trump.
I say it's General Kelly.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:24 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,211,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He won the college educated white male vote.

He also won the college educated white female vote.

But keep saying it. Maybe one day it will come true.
Actually you are living in the past. The election was two years ago.

In addition, Trump did not win college educated females--Hillary Clinton did (51 - 45%). Say it all you want--you are wrong.

And he's lost the support of more since then--not just college-educated white women, but more women and college-educated white men.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...dterms/567658/

Old 09-08-2018, 03:31 PM

26,650 posts, read 28,557,937 times
There was also a big swing for voters without a high school diploma, with Mr Trump leading 51% to Mrs Clinton's 45%. Four years ago, President Obama had 64% support from this group compared with Mitt Romney's 35%.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37922587

The gender gap in presidential vote preference is among the widest in exit polls dating back to 1972
(More MEN voted for Trump.)

College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%.

(The widest gap since 1980.)

67% of white non college graduates voted for Trump, according to the article. That means men AND woman.

I don't know how the non college graduates will vote this time. Women didn't vote for him in 2016 and by now they are FED UP. Fed up with his dirty mouth, his attitudes towards women, his stance on abortion, etc.

Evangelicals are probably his loyal base. They are told to believe everything, have faith. Having too much faith and not thinking can be dangerous--(Jim Jones cult where believers drank cyanide because he told them to)--and they will probably still vote for Trump.

But for anyone who has been paying attention, they will vote otherwise. And now with this latest revelation that some insiders are actually running the country...it adds fuel to the fire.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:57 PM

51,617 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I say it's General Kelly.
Woodward’s new book Fear, claims Kelly said: “He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.”

As Bill Maher points out, this guy was in Fallujah.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:58 PM

51,617 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Amazing that no one is saying this op-ed is not true, that people are not snatching things off Trump's desk until he forgets about it.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:24 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
Of the following, it can only be McMaster, Mattis or Kelly - the others aren’t in the Admin

Tillerson: “a f*cking moron”
McMaster: “idiot,” “dope”
Kelly: “unhinged,” “idiot”
Barrack: “crazy,” “stupid”
Cohn: “dumb as ****,” “a professional liar”
Mattis: like a “fifth- or sixth-grader”
Dowd: “a f*cking liar
Because of the sort of self congratulatory ending of the letter, I suspect someone fron the veep’s office. I do not think Pence would write this himself, but I suspect one of his guys might have.

Word is that Pence thinks of himself the way Cruz used to think of himself—as chosen by God to become a righteous president.

I do not think the NYT would have published an anonymous letter without careful vetting. Somebody knows who wrote it, and I suspect who did will eventually be ferreted out.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:55 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,673,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
There was also a big swing for voters without a high school diploma, with Mr Trump leading 51% to Mrs Clinton's 45%. Four years ago, President Obama had 64% support from this group compared with Mitt Romney's 35%.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37922587

The gender gap in presidential vote preference is among the widest in exit polls dating back to 1972
(More MEN voted for Trump.)

College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%.

(The widest gap since 1980.)

67% of white non college graduates voted for Trump, according to the article. That means men AND woman.

I don't know how the non college graduates will vote this time. Women didn't vote for him in 2016 and by now they are FED UP. Fed up with his dirty mouth, his attitudes towards women, his stance on abortion, etc.

Evangelicals are probably his loyal base. They are told to believe everything, have faith. Having too much faith and not thinking can be dangerous--(Jim Jones cult where believers drank cyanide because he told them to)--and they will probably still vote for Trump.

But for anyone who has been paying attention, they will vote otherwise. And now with this latest revelation that some insiders are actually running the country...it adds fuel to the fire.
Yep, just not the fire you're dreaming of. You're setting yourself up for a mighty disappointing night on 11/03/20.

Old 09-08-2018, 05:06 PM

48,445 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I’m talking about the poll that matters. The actual election results. The guy I was responding to made a false statement. Nothing that happens 60 days from now will make that statement true.
That is the election....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-08-2018, 05:14 PM

26,549 posts, read 14,396,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Amazing that no one is saying this op-ed is not true, ....

yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies