Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 01:41 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I am with you on this, if indeed it is true. I hope they take the group for every penny they have and the more!!!!
The website might have some insulation but for something sensitive like this where they're posting up pictures instead of anonymously attributing "Lisa B. from walla walla, Washington had two abortions....."

I think the website has a high burden to meet in terms of verifications before publishing.

Now if I were to post a picture of an Ex to a thread here at CD in the paranormal forum saying she liked to get funky with Sasquatch then when brought to CD's attention and they deleted it I would doubt they'd have any real liability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 01:50 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The website might have some insulation but for something sensitive like this where they're posting up pictures instead of anonymously attributing "Lisa B. from walla walla, Washington had two abortions....."

I think the website has a high burden to meet in terms of verifications before publishing.

Now if I were to post a picture of an Ex to a thread here at CD in the paranormal forum saying she liked to get funky with Sasquatch then when brought to CD's attention and they deleted it I would doubt they'd have any real liability.
How many c-d posters had to provide concrete profit of their identity before signing up? Because I sure didn’t.

Whether the website has any legal exposure is another question, but I don’t think they do. If a website is legally responsible for the factual truth of anything they post - well, the internet would be a very different place than it is. And I’m not so sure we’d like it.

And this pro-choice person thinks that spoofing someone’s identity like that is reprehensible.

Last edited by jacqueg; 09-06-2018 at 01:59 PM..

Old 09-06-2018, 02:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And that’s fine do you. I did not want, still don’t want, kids so abortion was the best decision.
This is what I can't understand. You never want kids but you do things that will make you pregnant. Didn't you learn this in all the info we have now about sex? No excuses anymore about an oops.

Some people just want their cake and eat it too. You are still a mother though, just a mother with a dead baby. Like a miscarriage.

If in the future you start to feel remorse you can still mourn. The advise is to name the baby you lost and go through the steps of mourning.

This may not the advise for you but it is for other mothers who had an abortion, it may help them get over it.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:21 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This is what I can't understand. You never want kids but you do things that will make you pregnant. Didn't you learn this in all the info we have now about sex? No excuses anymore about an oops.

Some people just want their cake and eat it too. You are still a mother though, just a mother with a dead baby. Like a miscarriage.

If in the future you start to feel remorse you can still mourn. The advise is to name the baby you lost and go through the steps of mourning.

This may not the advise for you but it is for other mothers who had an abortion, it may help them get over it.

I don't want to get fat, but I still eat. I don't want to get injured in a car accident, but I still drive. I didn't want to get a divorce, but I still got married.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes its bad when an individual or media use a fake photo to support their cause. It happens way too often.
I wonder how this woman found out her picture was being used by a complete stranger. Your post made me curious about the "shout your abortion" so I went to their web site to check it out.
So in order to have found out about this the young woman or someone that knew her personally would have had to go to the website and read all of the abortion stories.
Now I'm sure this woman being anti abortion was upset and rightly so. The post was removed and perhaps she can sue them but I fail to see other peoples outrage over being offended by something you have to actively seek out to be offended by.
Pro-life people are on top of these stories all the time. With social media it's easy to find information like this. Just belong to a pro-life group.

Don't you read what is on your social media and doesn't something that you disagree with strongly offend you?

Old 09-06-2018, 02:23 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Um no. Not at all. Your post proves you have zero knowledge of the pro life base.

There is a very large portion of secular pro lifers. Go learn about them.

And you'll have to figure out how to be pro abortion in a conversation without using religion as an excuse.
I don't need to learn about them. Their positions will inevitably be equally as flawed as those of religious pro-lifers, so there's no reason to.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yep, the clump of cells gone.
You got that from the science deniers.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Shout your murder is more appropriate.
No, that's just your blind selfishness talking. You need to think about this topic more, and then you'll conclude why you're incorrect.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:29 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Assuming this is true, she's going to pretty much sue them into the ground.

Hope she bankrupts them

Old 09-06-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No, just uneducated and not mature enough to be unselfish. BC fails but so many don't want to see that and aren't ready to face the real facts of life.
No, you're the one who isn't facing the facts of life. The facts of life are that life isn't always superior to non-life. You could have figured that out on your own, but you didn't, because you're too blind or uncaring to care about complex topics.

Now start taking this topic seriously, please, and cease with your childish nonsense.

The fact is, abortions can happen for humanitarian reasons. The fact is, having your life deleted before you're born stands a good chance of being a more human option that blindly tossing a child into existence against their will, and putting them up for adoption, or forcing them into the arms of parents who don't want them, like all the dangerous idiots want to do.

Death for early fetuses genuinely isn't that big of a deal. They don't have an enormous amount to lose. If they find out it's painful, that'd be something, but a short moment of pain is pretty sensible arguably better than a lifetime of suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies