Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 09:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times

Advertisements

Here's the link to the stats I've posted previously:

Abortion Statistics - Orlando Abortion Clinic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 01:58 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,488,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The website has media liability for not vetting such things.

As for public photos, it's not hard to scavenge up a picture of someone these days from the internet....especially if they're younger and participated in highschool or college activities.
It's not hard. At least that's what I've heard from younger people. I'm not tech savvy. The website removed the photo and story. I will say, as a pro-choice woman, that site does not impress me. I've just now finished reading this whole thread, and am not surprised that it has become a pro-life/pro-choice argument. When, just my opinion, it should be about this woman's image being used erroneously by some creepy troll. It's not right.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:29 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,488,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yes, pro-life in all cases.

You haven't see the people who want to adopt? They need to go to other countries to find a baby and many adopt older children as well so that is no excuse.

Not prepared to be a mother or don't want a child? Then quit doing things that will make you pregnant. I don't believe you until you do that.
There are a zillion foster children in the US waiting for parents. Many who want to adopt want to adopt a healthy infant. Well guess what. Even those of us who had our own biological child were not guaranteed that.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:56 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
It's not hard. At least that's what I've heard from younger people. I'm not tech savvy. The website removed the photo and story. I will say, as a pro-choice woman, that site does not impress me. I've just now finished reading this whole thread, and am not surprised that it has become a pro-life/pro-choice argument. When, just my opinion, it should be about this woman's image being used erroneously by some creepy troll. It's not right.
You're absolutely right. I'm ashamed to admit that I contributed to the side-tracking. I also agree that the woman's image was misused, and that the person who did it was in the wrong. I don't know if she has any legal recourse, but I would support her pursuit of it.

Last edited by randomparent; 09-07-2018 at 07:18 AM..

Old 09-07-2018, 07:14 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I'm saying almost the entire pro-life movement is creation by the virulent mental disease called religious fanaticism. That form of virulent mental disease spreads best through misery, because the miserable tend to be most open to it. For example, people in more impoverished nations tend to be more religious because the idea of a utopian afterlife seems more tempting to them, because they often lead harder lives. The strains that are most successful, therefore, probably produce at least some misery. It's just Darwinian evolution, but for memes.

One way to create misery is, for example, would be forcing people to give their children up for adoption rather than getting abortions in the first trimester or so. That misery would therefore likely create fertile soil for more religious zealotry, and the cycle will continue.

Also, they're not celebrating. They're defending themselves from the people who look down upon them. You could have figured that part out on your own, by the way.
I am a scientist (Geologist actually), I am not remotely religious in fact I only attend church on Christmas because my wife likes to go. I oppose abortion because of science. Once the egg is fertilized, there is a new human being growing inside the womb that has it's own genetic makeup separate from the mother's. When you have an abortion, you are ending a human life. That is science!

Old 09-07-2018, 07:30 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
There's nothing radical about shouting your abortion. What's radical are the evil psychopaths who want draconian restrictions of it...because they're being guided by virulent mental diseases that have probably evolved to spread as much misery as possible, because the virulent mental diseases grow most rapidly in that aforementioned misery.
project much? LOL

Old 09-07-2018, 07:36 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Pro-life people are on top of these stories all the time. With social media it's easy to find information like this. Just belong to a pro-life group.

Don't you read what is on your social media and doesn't something that you disagree with strongly offend you?

Not to the point where I stalk a website where people post their personal stories about their personal situations. I don't see the point in seeking out things that have absolutely no repercussions on my life
or society in general just to be personally offended by them.

Why would pro life people go out of their way to click on a web site dedicated to letting women who have had abortions tell their stories. What do you possibly hope to accomplish by it.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
And you will have to deal with the consequences won't you. Problem is with an abortion it involves another person. Actually most of those decisions involve another person. The selfish person really doesn't care about the other person.

Yes, and they would be mine alone to deal with, not yours. Abortion happens to be an option for dealing with the consequences of pregnancy.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I wonder how the possible libel suit will affect this pro-choice/pro-abortion group.
It really has nothing to do with abortion, pro-choice or anti-choice. It is about social media fraud perpetrated by an individual and the amount of liability the web site has in preventing such fraud.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:06 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Should have gotten "fixed" then.
I did fix the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies