Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 05:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times

Advertisements

The problem with this is they didn't care about this until AFTER they got Trump in, let him cram the Supreme Court, give massive tax cuts for the rich and destroy the EPA. Now, they must figure they've pretty much got what they can from him so they'll pretend they got religion and say "we can't allow this to happen again".

Can wait until they start talking about how terrible it would be for future presidents to hire family, hold taxpayer funded rallies every week, own businesses that profit from government events and foreign dignitaries and for in laws to sell access to foreign governments in exchange for huge loans to failing family businesses.

GOP senator plans to introduce bill requiring candidates to release tax returns
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4...se-tax-returns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 05:32 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,439,314 times
Why can't he run for President.

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
As was discussed, the bill would effect lots of people. Most notably, The Clinton Foundation.

I have no idea whether it would pass or even go anywhere.

You ignore the fact - and it is a fact - that there is no law now that requires anyone to release their tax forms. You Lefties are squalling because you wanted to go through it and find ammunition. And maybe in the future you will get your wish. But you don't have it today, and next week Senator Sasse will vote to confirm Kananaugh.
All is well.

8,886 posts, read 4,589,005 times
Let's make sure they are required to release all college records, etc.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:35 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Do you think you would, as a Democrat (I think), vote for him?
I would, as a Republican. But I'm going to vote for whomever The Republican Party selects.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
As was discussed, the bill would effect lots of people. Most notably, The Clinton Foundation.

You ignore the fact - and it is a fact - that there is no law now that requires anyone to release their tax forms. You Lefties are squalling because you wanted to go through it and find ammunition. And maybe in the future you will get your wish. But you don't have it today, and next week Senator Sasse will vote to confirm Kananaugh.
All is well.
Hillary Clinton provided her tax returns. And yes, that is the point. Republicans will only start to care about all the things Trump has done AFTER he has given them everything they want. Then they will suddenly be appalled by it all and say "never again" (after we already did it!).

If Democrats had done all the things the Republicans have done and suddenly started passing laws preventing others to do the same in the future, Republicans would be equally disgusted. But that's not what happened is it.

The GOP used Trump and his cult following to get them everything they wanted and finish it off by rendering the EPA useless (Darwinian since most of the effects will land on Trump supporters). Now they will suddenly start opposing all these things because they are reaching the maximum of what they can get passed.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The problem with this is they didn't care about this until AFTER they got Trump in, let him cram the Supreme Court, give massive tax cuts for the rich and destroy the EPA. Now, they must figure they've pretty much got what they can from him so they'll pretend they got religion and say "we can't allow this to happen again".

Can wait until they start talking about how terrible it would be for future presidents to hire family, hold taxpayer funded rallies every week, own businesses that profit from government events and foreign dignitaries and for in laws to sell access to foreign governments in exchange for huge loans to failing family businesses.

GOP senator plans to introduce bill requiring candidates to release tax returns
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4...se-tax-returns
But he will be subject to the law if he tries to run again. And then he will have to release the last few years that he wouldn't let us see because of the 'audit.' That's the ticket. Yuk yuk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Maybe he will. Expect a lot of republicans to run in 2020. Hopefully the sane ones will challenge the nutjob in the WH.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
But he will be subject to the law if he tries to run again. And then he will have to release the last few years that he wouldn't let us see because of the 'audit.' That's the ticket. Yuk yuk.

Maybe he will. Expect a lot of republicans to run in 2020. Hopefully the sane ones will challenge the nutjob in the WH.
I would be impressed if I thought they really thought Trump was going to be re-elected. I think they see Trump peaking and now they will start pretending they have morals.

I would never vote for any of them because even now, for them to say they support this AFTER Trump won election shows how hypocritical it is.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:42 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,439,314 times
Quote:

All is well.
And Mueller has Trumps tax returns.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:

All is well.
Lol. The Clinton Foundation? That foundation has been transparently posting their financials on the foundation's website for years. And the Clintons have made their returns public always.

The one that really should worry is the Trump Foundation. It was an illegal fraud. But that, of course, will come in the NY state's case against it.

And do not forget. Trump has been lying about releasing his tax returns for several years. He has actively hidden them. What is that sleaze hiding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies