Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 07:14 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The joke on the Democrats is even if they take over the House and impeach Trump, he will still be the president. The Senate will never go along with it. President Trump will appoint a new AG and go after everyone who challenged him.

And you think it would be OK for the president to use the DOJ for personal vendettas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 07:14 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Sorry..didn't see it already posted

Old 09-07-2018, 07:15 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
She did get 3 million more votes than Trump did. Lets not let that disappear into Republican history.

How many more Electoral College votes did trump get than she did? The fact that she won in a couple of states with huge populations is exactly why the Electoral system was set up, to prevent a couple of states from controlling elections. trump won more states than hillary did. The Electoral vote wasn't even close!

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
"Everybody would be very poor". The man does have a way with words.
It's called plainspeak. It's what honest people do. No PC doublespeak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
She did get 3 million more votes than Trump did. Lets not let that disappear into Republican history.
Only the left who believes illegal votes are legit believe that Hellary won more votes than Trump.

1,330 posts, read 698,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post

America was going to he** before Trump got elected. There were still great Americans through it all. Those are the ones who elected Trump as President.
How was it going to be hell, exactly?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:18 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
People who love America will believe a President who speaks of her successes and great character because he is speaking the truth.

We already know America is great, we like hearing a leader who agrees and doesn't tear her down at every turn.
:Tell them anything and they will follow. That's what Trump learned at his own scam university.

There is no doubt that the country I served on active duty is great. That doesn't make our current unhinged clown of a president successful with great character. In fact, the opposite is true, America is great despite our current Liar in Chief. Next...

Not only does he attack the people that are against him yet are for the better good of this democracy, he is attacking his supporters. Some of his supporters still support him. Wow, this circus show gets better if it was made up, unfortunately, it is our reality.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:19 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
When all is said and done Trump will be the fifth President immortalized on Mount Rushmore

Old 09-07-2018, 07:22 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Hopefully this election will put more Republicans in Congress and shut up all this “impeachment, collusion, anonymous source,...” nonsense.
The number of Republicans in office should have no effect on "impeachment, collusion, anonymous source nonsense." The President shouldn't be shielded from his own possible wrongdoing due to Republicans in the House and the Senate. One should have nothing to do with the other.

And if you think that simply having same-party politicians in office allows a President that may have colluded or engaged in other high crimes to be protected... I think you'd be sorely mistaken.

The President's party holds the Senate, the House and all of his appointed departments. And he is being investigated. What will more Democrats change? It won't change the possibility that the President colluded, etc etc.

I suppose you are saying that the ends justify the means. "Well, I won, therefore whatever I did to win is appropriate." I simply cannot wait for 2020 and a Democrat wins the Presidency and there's some *cough* fake news about how that candidate colluded with South Korea to win. And you can look back to this post and say "Oh, well the ends justify the means I guess. Carry on."

Old 09-07-2018, 07:22 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
How was it going to be hell, exactly?
Well, you know, because first we had a scary black man as president and then we almost had a scary white woman as president. Horrors!

So in their minds a crazy old white man was the best choice, even if he is corrupt and incompetent.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:24 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The joke on the Democrats is even if they take over the House and impeach Trump, he will still be the president. The Senate will never go along with it. President Trump will appoint a new AG and go after everyone who challenged him.
Do you think this is what we want from a POTUS. One who uses the law to "go after everyone who challenges him"?

If you think that is what the USA wants or needs, could you explain? Remember, it would swing both ways, and a future Dem POTUS will be able to do the same.

Personally, i think it goes against the founding principles of the USA, and it is very indicative of everything that scares me about Trump, and it only legitimizes those (like me) who believe he has fascist tendencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies