Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 11:17 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Yikes I hope none of the posters on this thread are on the jury if I am accused of a crime
No details needed hang him high yikes
I hope you never get shot by someone for the crime of being in your own home.

This man wasn't so lucky. BLM will have a field day with this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 11:22 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Yikes I hope none of the posters on this thread are on the jury if I am accused of a crime
This post is a perfect example of what I knew I would see on this thread.

It's also inevitable there will be posts blaming the victim. "He shouldn't have been in his apartment alone at night." or something equally stupid. Stretching to find reasons to claim that he caused his own death somehow.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,604 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
This is a huge injustice, but it resulted from confusion, not intent to kill.

IMHO, this is really no different from a homeowner shooting someone on their doorstep because the person believed they were at the house of a friend, and they were at the wrong house.

Although in that case, the confusion is a little different - the confusion is on the part of the victim, not the shooter.

But the same core behavior is present - someone gets shot because the person with the gun is startled by their presence.

This cop shot someone else last year, although the shooting was deemed justified and the person shot didn't die.

This cop believed the victim was in her house, although he wasn't. But still, you'd think she'd have enough gun training to not shoot when the door was opened.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:42 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
To me it's obvious the police are lying about everything. They expect the public to be dumb enough to buy their story that she walked into the wrong apartment?!!!

Residents of the complex talked about how everyone has the same fob to open the main gate and to use the elevators and how all the floors/doors/hallways look exactly alike.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:48 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Residents of the complex talked about how everyone has the same fob to open the main gate and to use the elevators and how all the floors/doors/hallways look exactly alike.
The victim had a distinctive red half moon door mat outside his door, other residents say it was there before the shooting. (photo)

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/botham-shem-jean/

Old 09-08-2018, 12:03 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Several people have said they have done the same thing - walked into the wrong place. That is defending her.
And shot the person too? Walking into the wrong place is an easily corrected mistake. Blowing the person away that was there is a felony.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:07 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Most buildings are like that! Every apartment complex I've seen is like that. Of course they're all built a standard way!

Nobody wants to believe this cop was on drugs or drunk when she did this. Stop making excuses for her.

If a person really doesn't know how to get into their own apartment, they need to be in a residential care facility where someone else can look after them 24/7.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:40 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Exactly how is it that you know her intent?

Old 09-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,604 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Exactly how is it that you know her intent?
I'm opining. More will come out as this case moves forward.

Well, not actually opining, I'm reading the mainstream media articles.

Last edited by ClaraC; 09-08-2018 at 01:05 PM..

Old 09-08-2018, 12:49 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Then why did she fire her weapon?

This was not a criminal running from the cops, he was in his own damn house.

This was the "accident" BLM has been waiting for to validate their anti-cop rhetoric. And they got it on a silver platter. "Black man gunned down in his own home."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies