Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2018, 03:47 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You are making extravagant claims backed up by nothing suggesting she murdered Jean, so what else would I conclude but you are suggesting she's a monster?
I suggested nothing. I simply stated what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 03:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I suggested nothing. I simply stated what happened.
You stated what you think happened without evidence. But how else would one describe someone that shoots their neighbor just for being noisy and telling them to bug off. I don't think that happened.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:15 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
But my point is that she said she shot him because she thought he was an intruder and didn’t comply.
Did she? How do you know she said that?

Old 09-18-2018, 06:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Did she? How do you know she said that?
We actually don't. But it was widely reported in the initial flurry of reports that she asked him to "raise his arms" and he failed to comply causing her to shoot.

The dialog about complying is going to turn out to be key to the affair. We shall hear eventually.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:48 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
No. She did not have to have planned to shoot him. It just turned out that way.

The fact she lied will condemn her.
Quote:
No, she did NOT have to have planned to shoot him. She very well may have simply went to confront him. When he told her to bugger off, a combination of being tired, anger and attitude caused her to shoot him.

I have no idea the proper charges at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
From all I’ve put together. It seems like the only connection between the two and possible motive is the noise complaints. Her story has so many holes and makes no sense, but the alternative is that you would have to believe that right after work she came up with a plan to confront him and shoot him over noise (if you believe that she truly knew it was his apartment, then she had to have intent to shoot him because she would know that he wasn’t a burglar/intruder and she was in no physical danger). Unless she went there in anger over the noise with the intent to scare him, and her anger/emotions got the best of her and she ended up shooting him.

She very well could have come up with that intricate plot, but it would be almost impossible to prove that. There would be some reasonable doubt if she just sticks to her amnesia/failing to comply argument. It seems like recklessness/man slaughter would be the only thing she could be charged with (even if, in reality, there was more to the story). Based on all available evidence, that is really all we have. Now if you connect a bunch of dots, it is definitely “plausible” that there is more to the story, but I don’t think there is the hard evidence to prove it.
Which is what I said was another possibility in my original post you responded to that you didn't bother to read.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Local news just said that they seized both the victim's and officer's door locks and keys, along with the computerized data contained in both. They also seized all security video data from the apartment's leasing office. Plus, all the video from the parking garage and hallways. I believe they said five search warrants were carried out and they will be sealed for 31 days. They also searched the officer's apartment. Her search was done without a warrant because she consented to the search. This was done last week. Sorry no link, but I was watching WFAA. I also didn't catch who the "they" were, I assume the Ranger's (don't really know).

Old 09-18-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Local news just said that they seized both the victim's and officer's door locks and keys, along with the computerized data contained in both. They also seized all security video data from the apartment's leasing office. Plus, all the video from the parking garage and hallways. I believe they said five search warrants were carried out and they will be sealed for 31 days. They also searched the officer's apartment. Her search was done without a warrant because she consented to the search. This was done last week. Sorry no link, but I was watching WFAA. I also didn't catch who the "they" were, I assume the Ranger's (don't really know).
I read reports it's being investigated further by the Rangers and the Dallas District attorney investigators and I also think Dallas Police and I think some other Dallas authority.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:32 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Here is the link to the WFAA story.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/im.../287-595990958

Residents note that strangers walking into apartments were not unusual.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Here is the link to the WFAA story.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/im.../287-595990958

Residents note that strangers walking into apartments were not unusual.
Interesting story, reporting her perspective.

Quote:
The door was not locked, sources say. It was ajar as it looked basically closed, but wasn’t latched.The door opening and hearing someone inside made her think an intruder was in her apartment, the sources said.
It's hard to say that she acted reckless and not just negligent. I noticed she appears to been contrite, forthcoming and cooperative. Officer Noor in contrast wouldn't even talk to investigators or answer any questions and lawyered up.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
But a neighbor who lives directly across the hall from Jean did not give that account to investigators. His interview was videotaped, the sources said. Investigators believe he was in the best position to hear what happened.
The neighbor told investigators that he heard an exchange of words and then immediate gunfire, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.
The sources also say that the neighbor did not hear anyone banging at the door. He also could not make out what was said between the male and female voice he heard.
Nearest neighbor contradicts the other two witnesses' accounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies