Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2019, 02:48 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Right. He was a law abiding citizen. However, in my opinion, the Dallas Police planted marijuana in his apartment to make him look like a drug user.
And everyone agrees drug users should be killed however we can make it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 02:59 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
Marijuana is not even a hard core drug. Many people use it recreationally. Even if he smoked pot, why is that a mark against his character.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post

I have always noticed one thing that seems off about her story. She claims that she was tired and entered the wrong apartment. Why has she never mentioned that the victim would have most definitely tried to explain that to her before she shot him? Do we really think that a person minding their own business in their own home is going to say nothing while some lunatic is holding them at gunpoint? Especially if that lunatic is yelling at them about being in her apartment? If we believe her BS, she noticed the door was ajar, she decides to enter anyway, sees an unfamiliar man, immediately begins yelling at him and only a few seconds later the man is dying on the floor. She is lying and her fellow cops are helping her cover it up.
You're right, her story is fabricated. But I believe she banged on the door and he let her in, wondering what she wanted. It should take only a few second for someone to realize they are in the wrong apartment.

The biggest lie she told, in my opinion, is that the door was ajar. I believe she banged on the door demanding to enter.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I dont know many states that are tough on cop prosecutions. Texas has the common type of prosecutors, they only take on the easy targets.
Actually, Texas is one of the worst states with the reputation of prosecutorial misconduct. Texas prosecutors are well known for cutting sweetheart deals with the wealthy, the powerful, or someone that has adequate resources to get very competent representation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They released everything they could, have no idea why you are going to criticize now what things they did release. If they did not release that MJ was found, you would have probably criticized the lack of release as well.

Texas has plenty of cop prosecutions, they just sentenced one to 15 years.

She will not walk because there is no circumstances surrounding this like there are with other numerous LEO involved situations. She was not on duty and in the conduct of duty for one, two she was not pursuing a suspect or even responding to a crime scene as a first responder, and three he was in a lawful place conducting a lawful activity that cannot be disputed at all.

I predict she gets 10 years.
Texas does NOT have plenty of cop prosecutions. The cop that just got sentenced to prison is the first in 30 years in Texas to face jail.

There was absolutely no reason to mention that weed was found in his apartment whatsoever. That was the setup to plant the seed of Jean being some sort of dangerous pothead slacker. Why not mention that he had a salt shaker or bath towels in his apartment?

Old 05-06-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Texas does NOT have plenty of cop prosecutions. The cop that just got sentenced to prison is the first in 30 years in Texas to face jail.
And in that case, his own partner bagged on him.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And in that case, his own partner bagged on him.
Bingo.

Like I said, Texas prosecutors are WEAK. They only stiff the indigent. Look at what’s going on in Waco in the aftermath of the Twin Peaks incident. All those dead bodies, and state prosecutors have come up donut after spending 1.3 million.

Once those biker’s lawyers started inundating the courts with all kinds of motions, the cases started coming apart. Biker gangs have good lawyers.

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Tw...494004631.html

Old 05-06-2019, 09:25 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Actually, Texas is one of the worst states with the reputation of prosecutorial misconduct. Texas prosecutors are well known for cutting sweetheart deals with the wealthy, the powerful, or someone that has adequate resources to get very competent representation.

There was absolutely no reason to mention that weed was found in his apartment whatsoever. That was the setup to plant the seed of Jean being some sort of dangerous pothead slacker. Why not mention that he had a salt shaker or bath towels in his apartment?
Here is another;

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...urder-10243315

and another;

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/pr...federal-prison

Oh, I am sure there are a few...

Old 05-06-2019, 11:30 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,622,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Agree and even if he was confrontational, like duh, some stranger just walked into his apartment, then pulls a damn gun on him and starts ordering him around. If he would have shot and killed her, he would have been justified in my opinion.
He would have been completely justified, and under the circumstances I wish he would have done exactly that.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
He would have been completely justified, and under the circumstances I wish he would have done exactly that.
If I'm not mistaken, she was wearing her body armor with gun drawn, and he was in his night robe.

Presuming he survived that gunfight, he'd likely not survive the subsequent gunfight that would with more police arrived and found one of their own in a puddle of blood.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:28 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,135,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You're right, her story is fabricated. But I believe she banged on the door and he let her in, wondering what she wanted. It should take only a few second for someone to realize they are in the wrong apartment.

The biggest lie she told, in my opinion, is that the door was ajar. I believe she banged on the door demanding to enter.
That would be in line with what the I read that the witnesses said. I dont know if that is made up, or if the cops suppressed it, didnt actually interview witnesses, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies