Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 08:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,751,882 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I mean, think about this for a minute. You are relaxing in your own place, watching TV, and someone comes in the door of YOUR PLACE, and a minute later you are shot and dead. How tired was this stupid lady cop that she felt the need to pump bullets into this guy ?

Even if the man was upset (all of us would have wondered what the Hell was going on) she should have had better control over herself than to start shooting. If she gets off, this one will stink to high Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 08:37 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,321,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
That would be in line with what the I read that the witnesses said. I dont know if that is made up, or if the cops suppressed it, didnt actually interview witnesses, whatever.
Yes. That is what I read in the news right after this story broke.

Women who heard banging and shouts of "let me in." Their story makes sense. Amber 's key couldn't have opened his apartment, and the door couldn't have been ajar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkbjNrHae7s

Old 05-07-2019, 11:23 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I dont know many states that are tough on cop prosecutions. Texas has the common type of prosecutors, they only take on the easy targets.
Harry, there aren't any. If some non-mainstream Chicago news outlet hadn't gone after the records in the Laquon McDonald murder case, the public wouldn't have demanded video be released and Jason Van Dyke would still be on the force.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:26 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,104,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Uh yea, I know, and I just stated my experience with these doors. Your video did not show a single thing by the way, just some dude giving his opinion.

DO you have one single piece of evidence for this theory???? Never even heard anywhere that a cop that is a resident would be given some master key just because they are a cop, that does not even make sense, not that making sense or not would matter.

Do you have any evidence at all they planted anything, especially when it is not relevant to the case?

Having MJ is not uncommon at all, so i do not know why you would think it would be planted.
It's all conspiracy theory.

The officer's story - door was ajar. The conspiracy theory - door was locked and she had a key.

Officer's story - she thought she was at her apartment. The conspiracy theory - She was in her own apartment first and wanted to confront the guy because he had his tv or music too loud so she went to his apartment and banged on the door for him to open it. Once he opened it she yelled commands that he did not follow so she shot him.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:08 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,321,981 times
I believe it's possible she thought it was her own apartment she was at. She heard someone inside or the TV was on. She then banged on the door and wanted to confront the "burglar" and shoot him dead. When she could have simply walked away and dialed the police. Amber was an aggressive person, from what's known about her and what she has posted on social media. It's likely she wanted to confront the "burglar" on her own. So when she said she thought it was her apartment, probably she was telling the truth about that part.

And I wonder how often burglars even target apartment units, especially ones on the third floor. Seems they could get more by breaking into houses. I was always told it was mainly first floor apartments that were at risk for break-ins. Amber really wasn't using her head.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:43 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,569,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m not gonna allege that it was planted, but the Dallas Police were VERY quick to release that information as if it was relevant. Why? Because it IS relevant THERE and they know who their audience is. It worked for Yanez in the Philando Castile shooting and it’ll be a factor in Guyger’s trial too. Her lawyer squealed with joy when that came out.

Amber Guyger is gonna walk.
It’s as simple as that. Texas is extremely weak on cop prosecutions. In fact, The reputation that Texas has as a bastion of tough justice is a canard. Anyone with money or a strong backing (like a cop with a union) can easily avoid jail in Texas. Texas prosecutors save tough justice for the poor and others that can’t afford adequate representation. That’s why prosecutorial misconduct in Texas is so high. They basically bait poor people into taking Star Trek years under threat of worse adjudicatory penalties if they’re found guilty at trial.

This is a travesty, but that’s how they roll in the Lone Star.
Damn, I hope not. She was so quick to pull that trigger and killed an innocent man.

If it was a black male cop that killed an innocent white women in her own apartment, he should get prison time as well...even if it was an accident.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:28 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,104,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Damn, I hope not. She was so quick to pull that trigger and killed an innocent man.

If it was a black male cop that killed an innocent white women in her own apartment, he should get prison time as well...even if it was an accident.
I hope she doesn't walk either. If she does walk, that's going to send a message out strong and clear that it's ok that you can get killed by law enforcement just by minding your own business and being in your own home.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the men and women in blue who serve the community. But something like what happened in this case is not acceptable. There has to be accountability and justice in this situation.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post

She's going to walk because they conveniently charged her with murder. That means if they cannot prove intent to kill him - and how can they prove that - the jury will find her not guilty.

See how easy it is when you have a badge?

Old 05-08-2019, 09:06 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,594,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I believe it's possible she thought it was her own apartment she was at. She heard someone inside or the TV was on. She then banged on the door and wanted to confront the "burglar" and shoot him dead. When she could have simply walked away and dialed the police. Amber was an aggressive person, from what's known about her and what she has posted on social media. It's likely she wanted to confront the "burglar" on her own. So when she said she thought it was her apartment, probably she was telling the truth about that part.

And I wonder how often burglars even target apartment units, especially ones on the third floor. Seems they could get more by breaking into houses. I was always told it was mainly first floor apartments that were at risk for break-ins. Amber really wasn't using her head.
I just can't buy that scenario. What kind of an idiot comes home from work, decides there's a burglar in her house, and starts banging away at the door shouting "let me in, burglar!!!! let me in, I say!!!" She's a cop - there are procedures for handling that scenario, she's been trained in those procedures, and none of them start with "First bang on door until burglar lets you in." As a cop, she knows better than to do something that incredibly stupid.

There's nothing about this that makes any sense, at all, on any level.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:15 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,662,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
The cops mentioned the marijuana because it only takes one juror to acquit. Can a large black man that smoked marijuana really be considered innocent? That is what LEO are hoping at least one member of the jury thinks in this case.

I don't buy her story one bit. I think she came home tired and became annoyed at his music or some other noise from directly above her apartment. She goes upstairs to "issue commands" and brought along her gun for some of that extra special LEO gravitas. When Botham failed to snap to attention and respect her authority, she lost her chit and shot him in cold blood. Being a cop, she knew just what to say to concoct the best story for herself and she could always count on her fellow LEO to circle the wagons and make her story fit the evidence. Add a compliant prosecutor and you have all the elements for how to get away with murder.

I have always noticed one thing that seems off about her story. She claims that she was tired and entered the wrong apartment. Why has she never mentioned that the victim would have most definitely tried to explain that to her before she shot him? Do we really think that a person minding their own business in their own home is going to say nothing while some lunatic is holding them at gunpoint? Especially if that lunatic is yelling at them about being in her apartment? If we believe her BS, she noticed the door was ajar, she decides to enter anyway, sees an unfamiliar man, immediately begins yelling at him and only a few seconds later the man is dying on the floor. She is lying and her fellow cops are helping her cover it up.
I've wondered about this right from the beginning.

Cops are human, and humans do dumb **** all the time. Still, her story seems a bit too convenient, and doesn't answer the obvious questions as well as your story does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies