Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 09:44 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times

Advertisements

The guy was from the West Indies.

She should have noticed the smell of curry the moment she opened the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 09:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The guy was from the West Indies.

She should have noticed the smell of curry the moment she opened the door.
Thats what I said before, even without the cooking smells, each persons house has a distinct smell to it, its something that is instantly recognizable to everyone, I dont think its possible to mistakenly enter an apt and believe its yours, when it is actually someone elses.

Plus, they would both have to have the same exact furniture, in the same exact spots within the apt too, as well as the lighting.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:02 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats what I said before, even without the cooking smells, each persons house has a distinct smell to it, its something that is instantly recognizable to everyone, I dont think its possible to mistakenly enter an apt and believe its yours, when it is actually someone elses.

Plus, they would both have to have the same exact furniture, in the same exact spots within the apt too, as well as the lighting.
Take a look at the layout of the units. The first feet inside the units are effectively identical. You have to penetrate to the back of the unit to see any difference. In low light it would be easy to make the error.

I do not understand the desire here to make the cop knowledgeable that she was in the wrong unit. I would think her word would be sufficient. No reason on earth why she would shoot a guy in his own apartment if she even had a suspicion.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:03 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
She intended to kill him because she pointed the gun and shot at him. She didn't even shoot him in the leg or something, she shot him in the chest. Seems like an intentional killing to me.
THis. If she was really going by the books, she would have told him hands up, and identify yourself (even if he wasn't doing anything wrong) but you should use deadly action as a last resort. So, she either panicked and shot him with no warning (which means she is not fit to be a police officer and should resign and turn in her weapon) or in my opinion, she knew the guy and had every intention of killing him.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:05 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
THis. If she was really going by the books, she would have told him hands up, and identify yourself (even if he wasn't doing anything wrong) but you should use deadly action as a last resort. So, she either panicked and shot him with no warning (which means she is not fit to be a police officer and should resign and turn in her weapon) or in my opinion, she knew the guy and had every intention of killing him.
She has always claimed she instructed him to do things and he refused and came at her. And I believe there were neighbors who heard dialog.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Take a look at the layout of the units. The first feet inside the units are effectively identical. You have to penetrate to the back of the unit to see any difference. In low light it would be easy to make the error.

I do not understand the desire here to make the cop knowledgeable that she was in the wrong unit. I would think her word would be sufficient. No reason on earth why she would shoot a guy in his own apartment if she even had a suspicion.
She should have had a suspicion, though, shouldn't she? She walks in on a burglar who happens to be relaxing on the couch watching TV? Maybe she couldn't see well enough to see different decor, or a different layout of furniture, but she can't miss the fact that her "burglar" is watching TV.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:12 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
She has always claimed she instructed him to do things and he refused and came at her. And I believe there were neighbors who heard dialog.
But yet, he was found on the couch with a bowl of ice cream, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She should have had a suspicion, though, shouldn't she? She walks in on a burglar who happens to be relaxing on the couch watching TV? Maybe she couldn't see well enough to see different decor, or a different layout of furniture, but she can't miss the fact that her "burglar" is watching TV.
MY other question is, now she says the door was ajar. Why would anyone leave their door to an apartment complex ajar? Is there any proof that she is telling the truth, or more BS? Not to mention he seems to have been a good, kind hearted stand up kind of guy, while she was already involved with a relationship with her partner, which is against the rules in a police department, so it goes to show she already has a disregard to rules and regulations, so God knows what else she is guilty of.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:15 AM

2,184 posts, read 1,381,054 times
Quote:

It's night, you're at home eating ice cream on the couch when a stranger barges into your place and starts shouting instructions. When you don't comply, they shoot you twice. If that makes sense to you, there is something seriously wrong with your thinking.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:24 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,231,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
It's night, you're at home eating ice cream on the couch when a stranger barges into your place and starts shouting instructions. When you don't comply, they shoot you twice. If that makes sense to you, there is something seriously wrong with your thinking.

Exactly. I can make all kinds of statements now about how this could never happen to me, and i would X,Y,Z.

When your in the situation and your not some trained Ninja assassin or ex. military, secret agent, Navy Seal, Brazilian Jujitsu person then you have no idea how you would respond.

Perhaps I would do everything I think I would do or i might pizz myself, I really don't know.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:34 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
On the day he was shot, management went to his apartment because of a complaint from someone that he was smoking pot. She couldn't detect that at all when she walked in?

Or did she think some guy broke in, smoked a joint while watching tv/playing around on her laptop, and helped himself to a bowl of ice cream she probably hadn't bought in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies